Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Contest: Warframe Cosplay on a Budget!

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, FriedCircuit said:

I feel like prolly not, but wanted to check, if we buy something, unrelated to the costume, and use the cardboard from its packaging in our costume, that product does not count to the 20$ right, since we would have had that cardboard anyway? 

Ex: Girlfriend wants me to go buy a new fan for the bedroom today, said buy whatever kind as long as its strong. But part of my idea for my costume came from the fact that I saw this contest shortly after she told me that and shortly after receiving another large package in the mail, which made me realize, "hey I'm about to have a lot of cardboard in the house" and gave me the idea I have. So since I'm not buying these thing to use in the costume, buy the fact that I'm buying them already inspired my costume, is that cool or? 

Cardboard from re-used items do not count towards your $20 limit :clem:

2 hours ago, Dr1fter3aper said:

I will laugh if someone pulls a $5 budget cosplay outfit. 

By the rough plans I've made, and due to the resources I have available prior to needing to use 20$, this is sounding pretty possible.

31 minutes ago, KYLoooo said:

That doesn't answer my question..

They said its $20 limit, so if 18€ equals to 20usd your limit is 18€ which is what I answered you lol, but I guess you can go to 20€ since prices will vary depending where you live..

2 minutes ago, Bl4zko said:

They said its $20 limit, so if 18€ equals to 20usd your limit is 18€ which is what I answered you lol, but I guess you can go to 20€ since prices will vary depending where you live..

That's the question...

okay, wait

I'm a cosplayer.  Sooooo, by "free available" i have everything I need to make my normal cosplay/renactment type stuff:

3D printer and all the supplies necessary 
$200/yard 100% silk and wool fabrics
eva foam
foamies
hot glue
5 gallons of elmers white glue
Elmer's wood glue
etc

so how does this actually work? because to me, "in the spirit of the challenge" it'd be the $15 on supplies, plus my colored pencils/pastels/markers at home, plus some leeway.  VS going all-out, just because I have the stuff "already available"

also, could a prop work? rather than a suit?

so like say a 1:1 Gram greatsword, for under $20.  Would that count?

Edited by SeolTreoir
new idea about props

So I've talked with several friends about this and we all want to do something for this. Question is, since there's 3 of us, could we all use the same pool of materials if said pool costs $60 ($20 per person)? Or are we all limited to the same $20?