Guest Blog: Warframe's Multiple Masteries

aidan890

AGGP-1 Post Banner No Darken.jpg

Hello Tenno!

I am excited to announce the next installment of our Guest Blog series, Warframe's Multiple Masteries by Warframe Partner AGayGuyPlays.

https://www.warframe.com/news/warframe-s-multiple-masteries

For more from AGGP, check out his YouTube Channel or his Twitter!

Thanks Tenno! Enjoy the read. Which meta-mastery school do you subscribe to? Or perhaps you pursue something else entirely. Let us know down below!

Best,

[DE]Aidan

Technical

Edit, with a bit of Aesthetic (see chainchompguy3 below)

There is certain gear I won't use no matter how good it is because I don't like its looks or mechanics.

But generally I'll use a variety of whatever feels good and build towards being self sufficient and adaptable.

Edited by Kinetos

Category 4: Aesthetical :Ooh, shiny!

These players aren't so concerned with WINNING the game, but rather watching it unfold. Almost always engaging in some form of "Fashion-frame", these players would readily give up an objectively better weapon if it wasn't as cool-looking, or as satisfying to use.

On the dark side, well, they're hardly an amazing addition to a squad if the intent is to make a serious attempt at winning.

Ignorance is bliss.

I myself am probably an Aesthetical-Technical hybrid.

I spend hours thinking about the best way to mod my frames and weapons, but my priorities are Enjoyment first, effectiveness second. For example, I quite extensively use Sure-footed/Fortitude/Power-drift to make myself immune to knockdowns, simply because I hate being knocked down, despite the obvious downsides of losing 3 mod slots.

I think the most powerful and resourceful players are the ones that master all 3 paths. They get the most effective tools, have the skills to amplify them and have the capacity to gather, organize and lead a team trough any hardships. Of course, getting there is a very difficult path, but it's also the most rewarding.

2 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

I think the most powerful and resourceful players are the ones that master all 3 paths. They get the most effective tools, have the skills to amplify them and have the capacity to gather, organize and lead a team trough any hardships. Of course, getting there is a very difficult path, but it's also the most rewarding.

What if you are like me, and are bad at the game, waste credits frivolously, have no good mods, and can't successfully bullet jump without setting my keyboard into Canadian-French Multilingual mode?

EDIT: I guess I can master being a nice guy :)

Just now, [DE]Aidan said:

What if you are like me, and are bad at the game, waste credits frivolously, have no good mods, and can't successfully bullet jump without setting my keyboard into Canadian-French Multilingual mode?

That means you have a path (or rather, many) ahead of you, an epic journey to make. Just like every player who mastered one (or all 3) did.

8 minutes ago, [DE]Aidan said:

Perhaps a system or NPC that is like teshin, minus the conclave. Cause let us be honest here. As nice as conclave is, it is defiantly not a good system for beginners to learn, or hone their PVE skills.

I mentor and 'sensei' system, similar to the guides of the lotus would be much more beneficial, for end game players with time, and beginners that need guidance through the tough high end learning curve beginners get.

13 minutes ago, [DE]Aidan said:

I have a running joke when I talk to people about my gameplay:

Them: "So you really like your games, eh? So you're good at them?"

Me: "Good at them? Um, generally no. I'm terrible, especially at ones like WF. I'm a shining example of how to be a terrible space ninja."

Them: "Wait...what?"

Me: "Never said I was any good. I said I enjoyed them."

I'm a sucker for story, I'm a sucker for aesthetics, I'm a sucker for social-community potential. I'm not a data-miner, I get annoyed at a game seeming too much like "work", and I can't typically line up a shot without five minutes of quiet focus (which, admittedly, if it's not an atom bomb at a barn side, we've only sheer luck on our side to make it happen).

35 minutes ago, chainchompguy3 said:

Category 4: Aesthetical :Ooh, shiny!

These players aren't so concerned with WINNING the game, but rather watching it unfold. Almost always engaging in some form of "Fashion-frame", these players would readily give up an objectively better weapon if it wasn't as cool-looking, or as satisfying to use.

On the dark side, well, they're hardly an amazing addition to a squad if the intent is to make a serious attempt at winning.

Ignorance is bliss.

I myself am probably an Aesthetical-Technical hybrid.

I spend hours thinking about the best way to mod my frames and weapons, but my priorities are Enjoyment first, effectiveness second. For example, I quite extensively use Sure-footed/Fortitude/Power-drift to make myself immune to knockdowns, simply because I hate being knocked down, despite the obvious downsides of losing 3 mod slots.

I'm probably this too. I enjoy using weapons and frames that "feel" right, to the point of ignoring admittedly powerful weapons and frames if I find them boring or clunky.

I tailor my loadouts to my own personal enjoyment. I have a killer melee Banshee who closes range quickly and kills enemies stunned by a reduced-range Silence, and a flighty, spastic parkour Valkyr who bounces off every surface and enemy in a room while pummeling targets with uncharged staticor rounds. I call my Valkyr loadout Crashing Wave.

I have builds like that because they're fun. You'll never hear me say they're optimal builds, but I have a lot of fun playing them.

17 minutes ago, kitsu said:

Perhaps a system or NPC that is like teshin, minus the conclave. Cause let us be honest here. As nice as conclave is, it is defiantly not a good system for beginners to learn, or hone their PVE skills.

I mentor and 'sensei' system, similar to the guides of the lotus would be much more beneficial, for end game players with time, and beginners that need guidance through the tough high end learning curve beginners get.

I remember Aion online had a mentor/pupil system. There were two organizations, the Mentors gave high level players missions that basically were "help players belonging to the Pupil faction", and viceversa. A player may only have one mentor/pupil at any given time though. They offered very nice rewards. Pupils got consumables and decent leveling gear, and the epic quality items granted to Mentors were among the best items in the game.

i myself do not fit in completely with any one of the three

category 1:

i am good at parcour (even capable of making prowl ivara bullet jump consistently)
but 
i have a terrible aim (i reaaaly like shotguns just because of this fact an will use melee a lot)

category 2:

i like to optimise my build
but
my builds are not always perfect for the mission (i use the same loadout for every type of enemy)

category 3:

i always try to treat my fellow tenno with respect and help them whenever i can (sometimes i even check recruiting chat and when i see alot of people looking for a taxi to a specific event i write that i will taxi the first three people who respond)
but
i prefer to play solo just so i can do what i want

You know, I honestly adore this community. I literally can't say this enough. I came into this a refugee of sorts after I needed a break from Fps's. I've started and ran two clans. One lasting a year and the other two years. Both times the toxic behavior tore them apart. Always started with the newer players taking heat and eventually my admins at each others necks. (Social aspect) While the salt can flow here just like anywhere I actually can just enjoy the game on warframe. I noticed that's something I was missing for awhile now. On the game.. The mechanics are amazing, movement and abilities are not two separate things in my opinion. Map awareness and preplanning for enemies present is crucial as well. I guess I'd be all three in a way. I always preach this to the newer clan members starting out. You have to figure out your play style then mod accordingly. My builds are suited to my strengths even if it goes againest the copy paste builds (i can't enjoy just copying builds, no offense to anyone who does it's just not fun for me). However I'm not ashamed to admit occasionally I'll happly head into the thick of things at an disadvantage to use the tileset as a runway if it's kill the enemy with sheer fashion frame glory.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Spaztic Magic said:

Me: "Never said I was any good. I said I enjoyed them."

You don't know how much this rings true to me haha!

Specifically when it comes to [2D] fighting games: when a friend or so comes on over and sees my fight/arcade stick, we decide to play a round or so of BlazBlue or something, I'll get my bootie handed to me and with them proceeding with the (usually snarky but not really serious) question "I thought you were good at fighting games?", to which I reply more-or-less how you worded it i.e. "I never said I was any good at them. I just really enjoy playing them".

Hmm i guess i need category 4.

• I'm not Technical. I'm only using parkour if i have to. I can't aim (that's why i'm only using AoE weapons). If i don't use AoE weapons then my accuracy is below 20% at the end of the mission. (Utilizing cover is a thing in Warframe?^^)
  • I'm not Mechanical. I'm using the same Warframe and the same weapons with the same build for everything.
  • Interpersonal skills? I'm in a solo clan^^
  • Fashion-Frame? I'm using default colors most of the time^^

Edited by Sarcasm4Free

On 19.5.2017 at 8:32 PM, [DE]Aidan said:

Then you have 2 options:

1. Fashionframe. You can show other Tenno your amazing fashion skills while they are reviving you^^
  2. Greet other Tenno in the Relay :P
    Spoiler

giphy.gif