Guest Blog: Warframe's Multiple Masteries

aidan890

Let's break it down:

1) Really good mobility skills, or at least i think they good (i somewhat mastered tonkor jumps when they existed, and i will never get tired boasting about this :D )
Have at least decent aim, often using punch through to take down multiple enemies or shoot through cover, walls and doors.
Somewhat good combat awareness (i think). Target/Task prioritizing, territory control and other forms of tactical decision making.
Probably too reckless and rarely use cover if i have other options (jumping around like crazy quake/doom style for example)
Killed raptor (new one, three times for factory destruction) in melee without abilities on a dare.

2) Usually run with whatever i feel like, but generally use balanced set of equipment. It's either too lazy (or stubborn) to change equipment when i can do the job with whatever i have equipped now or too lazy (or difficult) to do the job without specialized build. Make all my builds by myself, tailoring to my needs and playstyle (one does not simply give up handling)
Like to test weapons and builds, analyzing in general, getting new tools in already large toolbox of tactics and playstyles.

3) Not really a social person, but trying to be a nice guy. Can dig through forums and wiki (and game) to get info and deliver it to some friends of mine.
Playing mostly solo (even sorties) and encourage others to play solo, because i belive solo players with good knowledge and skill could be monstrous in coordinated team (i made it this far playing mostly solo at least)
Like to make indirect answers for questions of moderately new players (those who already made enough progress in game), to encourage and teach data mining (they might need that when somebody ask them about something)
And yeah, i probably like boasting and talking about myself, but remain silent if i don't have anything to say. Probably because of lack of proper social interaction (let's be honest here).

When it comes to fashionframe i have so-called "signature color scheme" that rarely changes and some cosmetics. Not extremly fashionable, but it's fine for me.

Sooo, probably mostly Techincal, but like in quake, it's not only about skill, it's about stacking as many odds in your favor as possible.

I don't fit into any of the three skillsets he lists.  I'm not highly Technical - I know that Kubrow dens spawn on specific Earth tilesets, and I can headshot enemies if they are standing still *most* of the time.  (Stupid Grineer shoulder armor.)  I'm also not a Mechanical player.  My builds, if they can even be called that, are mostly "I want to be adequate at everything, but I mostly want to be a space wizard, so everyone gets Vitality and Redirection and Intensify, Stretch, Streamline, and Flow.  Unless they don't have shields, then they get armor."  I never use Corrupted mods, because I don't like intentionally adding drawbacks. (And also because I have like, two, since I've never made any effort to get them.)

And I'm certainly not a social skills player.  My in-game friends list consists of about eight people, one of whom I ever actually talk to.  The rest are new players that wanted to add me, but then never speak again even if they are online.  Otherwise, I play Solo mode or the occasional public Rift Defense because it's the only mode where I won't be instantly ditched by Sprintframes.  Maps that are difficult or impossible to solo, like Interception, I team once to complete and then ignore.

My in-game skillset consists of a willingness to wait forever for a 75% off coupon and then buy stuff in bundles whenever it comes out, rather than grind through whatever new mechanics are added.  I mostly skip sorties, and I've never even attempted the operation / raid stuff.  Which is fine, since I don't have an Arcane Distiller and couldn't move an Arcane around if I got one, because those can only be purchased from Syndicates, which I also ignore.  (I'd rather stay neutral to everyone.  I've just traded for the handful of Augment mods I ever gotten, and the Syndicate weapons.)

I imagine I'll be left quite behind when the new Kingpin system is added, since that seems to be intended as a Clan only mechanic.  I don't want to join a clan, or even make a solo one.  So I'm not going to be getting any special rewards from that.  (My choice, but I still reserve the option to be annoyed at being locked out of it.)

And as far as Fashionframe, I have a few Warframes with syndannas and / or Tennogen or store cosmetics, but I don't have a uniform color scheme.  If someone was playing with player names somehow turned off, there's basically no chance they'd be able to pick me out when I switched to a dfiferent frame.  Which I do more or less constantly.

My main in-game skill is that I basically have access to almost every warframe and weapon ever, and I'll switch to whatever seems most useful for a specific mission if the mission is hard enough to need it.  Otherwise, I mostly just play Mag, because that was my first Warframe.  Mag and Mag Prime are about 25% of my total played time, with the rest divided between every other warframe in the game.  Most are at one or two percent.

I'm probably a hybrid of The Interpersonal players (le copy paste skilllz) and mechanical players, except I make sure that everything I say is fact can be supported as fact.

Clan management is definitely my thing,

Up to date (want to be a GOTL too)

help new players,

and test and make the most out of my builds.

oh, and I do like my fashionframe though.

Edited by (XB1)Skidplay 490
added extra line for fashionframe

For me it's a little bit of everything but mostly Technical no doubt. Very few games offer the level of parkour or freedom of mobility like Warframe. Being able to bullet jump then glide on top of the enemies and come crashing down with my melee weapon jammed in their skulls will always be satisfying.

• 3 weeks later...