The Remote Observer: Vol 5

[DE]Taylor

X0FDRFI.jpg

We're back again with The Remote Observer, where we keep an eye out for interesting or important changes that happened during the week so you don't have to! Get a look at this week's update note highlights in our newest volume here.

===========

Is there something that doesn't seem to work the way its intended? Let us know below and include links to your own threads if you got 'em. We are also always looking for potential QOL changes from UI upgrades to mechanic tweaks. Be sure to share them in a comment - even if it's a question about intent!

UI mod QoL upgrades/changes:
A nice feature I'd like to see, specially when I'm trading is to have some sort of icon on the mods I have currently equipped, sometimes I have 2 mods at Rank 10 (1 currently equipped in a dozen of weapons and another 1 I'm saving to sell), when trading there's no way to see this and usually the game only warns me that the mod is equipped in a Warframe or Weapon when I already added it to the trade, so I think this would be a cool QoL addition at least for me :P.
Something that also would be a good QoL is doing this exact same thing for mods that are equipped in Warframe weapons, when we're doing builds for Sentinel Weapons we don't know if those mods are already equipped somewhere else unless we go ahead and test every single mod until we can put one that hasn't been already equipped in any weapon.

Edited by Bl4zko
info

22 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

We are also always looking for potential QOL changes from UI upgrades to mechanic tweaks.

Still waiting with hope in my heart on the previous 3 Remote Observer suggestions to be discussed, implemented or at least mentioned.  Can't wait to copy paste volume 5's reply into volume 6 next week.

Edited by Xekrin

I'd like to question about the Mod Reflex Guard. In appearance, it appears to be a Mod made for Melee builds, but it is a Warframe Mod that had past complaints on its function and how it can interrupt gameplay flow of firing their Primary/Secondary Weapons.

Was this mod intended to be a Warframe Mod or a Melee Mod that functions in a similar manner to the auto-blocking mechanic of Excalibur's Exalted Blade?

Is there any chance this mod could be moved as a Melee Mod that functions with the auto-blocking ONLY when the Melee Weapon is equipped?

13 minutes ago, FoxFX said:

Is there any chance this mod could be moved as a Melee Mod that functions with the auto-blocking ONLY when the Melee Weapon is equipped?

Or better yet, turned into a melee mod that boosts Block value!

1 hour ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Is there something that doesn't seem to work the way its intended?

I'd say the chat filter isn't really working as intended. Many people are just looking for things that are NOT rivens or ONLY rivens. The thing is, if you try doing the "NOT Riven" or "NOT Rivens", it only excludes messages with that word but not the actual rivens themself. People have been asking for that for so long since rivens are overflooding the trading chat, making it hard to keep track of other things and i suppose the chat filter's job was to fix this problem. So i'd say it's not really working as intended :/. Hopefully this can be addressed soon!

And regarding QoL updates, this might sound silly but it'd be cool to have the ability to like, give a certain flair to the friends you have. What i mean is, you can write in where they're from, where you have met them etc. Because more often than not, when i look at my FL and see these dudes online i be like: "Who was that again?". Especially when it's someone who was taking a long break and happened to come online again. Mostly when i meet kewl randoms and we add us as friends but haven't played for a while, i tend to forget who is who (when you have like over 200 friends). So it would be neat to have this tiny little feature added in if possible!

Edited by IceColdHawk

3 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

I'd say the chat filter isn't really working as intended. Many people are just looking for things that are NOT rivens or ONLY rivens. The thing is, if you try doing the "NOT Riven" or "NOT Rivens", it only excludes messages with that word but not the actual rivens themself. People have been asking for that for so long since rivens are overflooding the trading chat, making it hard to keep track of other things and i suppose the chat filter's job was to fix this problem. So i'd say it's not really working as intended :/. Hopefully this can be addressed soon!

And regarding QoL updates, this might sound silly but it'd be cool to have the ability to like, give a certain flair to the friends you have. What i mean is, you can write in where they're from, where you have met them etc. Because more often than not, when i look at my FL and see these dudes online i be like: "Who was that again?". Especially when it's someone who was taking a long break and happened to come online again. Mostly when i meet kewl randoms and we add us as friends but haven't played for a while, i tend to forget who is who (when you have like over 200 friends). So it would be neat to have this tiny little feature added in if possible!

To add to this, I speculate this is because a riven mod in the database is not a "riven", but an ID associated with a mod. The filter atm didn't really solve much as you can easily get around these filters, and you cannot block rivens which are 95% of the chat.

8 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Hmm, that definitely does not seem intended. I'll bring this up with the team next week.

59 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Still waiting with hope in my heart on the previous 3 Remote Observer suggestions to be discussed, implemented or at least mentioned.  Can't wait to copy paste volume 5's reply into volume 6 next week.

I assure you I make note of players' suggestions here! Sorry if my silence makes it seem otherwise. :) 

6 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Hmm, that definitely does not seem intended. I'll bring this up with the team next week.

I assure you I make note of players' suggestions here! Sorry if my silence makes it seem otherwise. :) 

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - a speaking galaxy, Futurama.

3 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

I assure you I make note of suggestions here! Sorry if my silence makes it seem otherwise. :) 

Thank you for the quick reply.  I do appreciate knowing our suggestions are being noted in the margins somewhere.  Kidding!

Apologies for the frustrated tone of my words, but you know how it is, I'm sure.  I am truly grateful knowing we have such an amazing community staff willing to take the time to hear us, even if we don't hear them hearing us.

The only thing I would personally love to see get looked at is the Zephyr's [inconsistent] broken passive.

It's been like this since the summer unfortunately (ever since the parkour tweeks back in July/August) and since I play her alot, it can be a tad frustrating at times when her passive turns off(?) after a mid-air tailwind, to then get stuck in the landing-on-the-ground animation when normally you shouldn't be falling so fast in the first place lol.

But still, I'd love to see this get fixed in the near future!

When I open up the gear menu to offer things up for trade, I have to re-select every single item I put in there when someone offers to trade me. I'd prefer if they were all selected as the trade began, I think it would make for a much cleaner and less repetitive trading experience.

Is there any intent on making Arcanes not bound to cosmetics? The reason you stepped away from the old helmets granting stats was because you didn't want people to be limited to certain cosmetics for minmaxing but as of right now if you have an especially useful or expensive arcane you're bound to use that syandana on every single warframe unless you intend on buying another 4000 platinum to buy a new set of arcanes which seems quite excessive.
I realize you can go into your foundry, unbind the arcanes, pick a new cosmetic, apply the arcane and then upgrade to max then equip your new cosmetic.. But it's quite tedious to do from mission to mission I hope you've noticed. Not binding them but just having them equipped in a loadout I feel would be optimal.

Perhaps some Arcanes should be re-valued in their rarity to make the less used rares actually uncommon or common drops. If arcane enhancements categories were looked at again it even opens up the possibility for a new UI for them which allow you to have more of the lesser arcanes and few of the greater ones.

The Arcane Enhancements screen could let you equip more Arcane Enhancements, but in specific combinations. The ones that grant a chance to resist a status could be lessers and the ones that give more energy for the entire squad could be greater.

• 2 Greater
  • 1 Greater & 2 Average
  • 1 Greater & 3 Lesser
  • 4 Average
  • 2 Average & 3 Lesser
  • 6 Lesser

Same issue with focus, certain frames you might want Zenurik on, others you might want Madurai on. Let's bind focus schools to loadouts.
Sorry if I'm too confusing or phrasing things wrong, might edit it in the future to clarify if something isn't comprehended.

Oh by the way, "Is there something that doesn't seem to work the way its intended? Let us know below and include links to your own threads if you got 'em. " well, Hydroids Tidal Impunity Augment hasn't worked as intended for about 3 years now. Would love for that to be looked into. 

Edited by Navarchus

Can we get Conclave Stances to be usable in PvE anytime soon? It's really annoying not having them, specially since I want to use my Tombo on PvE missions but can no longer stand the current PvE stances because I fell in love with the Conclave one.

Relays: We got fast travel to some spots, but not others, its completely random; (this one is not so expectable yet) a Baro kiteer fast travel would also be a good QoL.

------

All syndicates can be accessed from the liset, and all the info needed is there.

Yet, for conclave, we have no info of how many points we have, no info of what prizes are there to buy, we cant purchase prizes trough the liset, etc, always forced to travel to relays (there is a point when immersion is bad, and just gets in the way of ease of access).

Same can be said about delivering medallions only on relays, again, no need of immersion, its just more complex and time consuming.

-----

Loading directly from the liset to the simulacrum would be a top notch QoL, having to load to a relay, walk to the room, and load to the simulacrum is a huge waste of time (be professionals, and start realizing you went overboard with immersion, and sacrificed all proper UX etiquettes)

-----

PS: grab the codex and burn it in hell, its a waste of code, it never was "an internal wiki" as promised, and scanning is mind-numbing boring and worthless.

PSS: Remove all relays but one,  no need for copy-paste relays that look and are the same thing, since there doesnt seem to be any plans for each relay to look unique, nor to each relays to have any special feature, in order to justify several of them.

Edited by 7grims