Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ohma melee sound fx - still hoping for something zappy

Xekrin

I've done a couple threads on this but to no avail, this will be my final attempt at a request for a better sound for the Ohma hitting things.

Currently its just a thump, or possibly a thunk that sounds like a trashcan getting banged on or some other heavy metal object.   Considering it is indeed a big metal object this should be fine, except it is called the Ohma.  

I really feel like there should at least be an undertone (or undercurrent?) of some electrical sound when it hits something.  The slam attack sound is probably the best sound effect I've ever heard and fits the Ohma perfectly.  Which is why the main melee attack sound is so frustratingly disappointing in its normalcy.

I almost want to ask for the same with the Ninkondi, being a pair of electric nunchuks but honestly I'm okay with them doing the dull thunking sound.  Though it would be incredible to go crazy with a hyper sizzle fest on them, I would much rather the Ohma remain unique in its electric sfx, so long as the melee sounds correspond better with the slam attack.

Please @[DE]George, please consider working the magic you did on the Cycron and give us a sound worthy of the Ohma.  I know you are very busy so if this is on a list somewhere, that would make my day if you could let us know its at least on its way.