Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vay Hek Not Entering Terra Frame Phase [Reopened]

Samuel_sfx

• 1 month later...

Had the same bug yesterday. In my case, the change form from flying vay hek (whatever its name is) to terra frame phase occurred during the revival of a player and it was a host who was being revived. I don't know whether it's relevant or not, but just want to let you know.

After the last update, I started collecting pigment from Councilor Vay Hek on Earth.
Earth map maybe nicer, but ...
For 10 attempts to kill Councilor Vay Hek seven times did not appear at the final stage. There was only an empty tag where it should be (Screenshot).
DE, fix it to F ... Frame !!! :)

Next one, after the last update some weapons do not need ammo and reload - only in some cases and/or maps/planets - I do not intend to say in when or in which what weapons. I lost a lot of time in this game, now I'm losing time with the Councilor Vay Hek again.

Third. Your wonderful new Earth works on my PC terribly.
Maybe I use a weak PC?
AMD FX-8350 Eigt-Core Processor 4.00GHz
Graphic card with 2GB graphics memory, 2TB HD and 16GB RAM
Please let us know if we must have PC from NASA?

As for the first problem with collecting pigment from Councilor Vay Hek. It's bugged now.
My last pigment will be with Zanuka Hunter. After 1.5 years playing I met her 4-5 times.
Maybe not enough hours in the game, I have only 1818 hours - 75 ingame days ...

http://fUJfxoB.jpg

Edited by GolonkaPL

Vay Hek Mission currently on Oros is unable to be completed by me. I joined the mission 10 times with different squads of people all the same. I tried solo. I tried killing everything on my way to boss, wiping rooms first. Tried rushing. Tried only doing the boss. Eventually I hired an experienced member to do it with me. Same thing happened. Currently after the Harrow Update. He simply doesn't activate getting into his bigger mech in the final fight.

I didn't see a forum post or youtube video on this so just wanted to post this for it to be fixed.

Currently progress can't be made on this Boss. It was replicated with several people based on the random squads I joined just standing around. The experienced member tried solo and was able to do it. Currently having him invite me as it might be an account based issue.

Edited by LetterM

I was farming Vey Hek Pigments when it happened to me as well, I double checked and it occurs in both group and solo play. From the perspective of the player, it looks like he misses his event triggers during the lead up to the final showdown and then proceeds to catch up with them within the arena, thus escaping into oblivion and rendering the battle impossible to complete. Here's another image related to the bug. 

Edited by Dojutrek

I had the same bug again. This time there was no ally revival during the phase change and no early vay hek appearances were skipped (we didn't rush the mission). Terra frame of vay hek just didn't arrive at the spot, where it should be spawned. Annoying.

ZFdk2Si.jpg

Edit1: screenshot added

Edit2: TBH I think this assassination should be reworked. The early stage of the mission is boring and annoying (vay hek is vulnerable too rarely and for a very short period of time) and then during the final stages (after jumping into the water tube), the abovementioned bug is very irritating.

Edited by manimalia

This is happening to me as well, while I'm hunting for Pigments, so it's definitely not isolated. From my perspective, it looks like he's missing his event triggers regarding the continuation of the quest and then suddenly engaging them once sufficiently damaged, thus the flying off into oblivion. It just so happens this renders the mission impossible to complete since it occurs inside the final arena space. It usually happens every couple runs, so it's common enough to be a major game breaking progression bug. (Also, Image for continuity.)

YEIg2LW.jpg

EDIT:
From my repeated runs, I've noticed that if he doesn't use his normal taunt communications with the player between transitions it's probably due to the bug hanging the event triggers at the gallows. If any player notices that he misses his communications with the player, then just abort and retry.

Edited by Dojutrek
(Slight Update and Potential Work Around)

Okay it could be an account issue or could be using Viral. I asked him and we decided not to use it against Vay Hek and I had him invite me. It worked for me this time. Hopefully someone else can try it without Viral as I've got it completed now and wish to never do that again!

I have ran this ten times and all the same issue. As a new PC player (MR9) this is game breaking -- I cannot proceed to Sedna. Plead fix ASAP.

Ok just read somewhere else that you have to wait for each phase before going through the pipe. I can conform this works. In each open area wait it out before moving to the next. He will state something like  "I new this day would compare. I have prepared..." After this. proceed through the pipe.

Edited by blueraptor08
Found work around

having same issue. Vey Hek bugged, have to abort the mission because he takes off at the last leg of the fight (where he is supposed to get in the suit) and instead leaves the area, (but his marker is still here) so you have to quit the mission and start again.

About one mission out of five, when you reach the last Vek fight you damage him a little and he flies straight up in the air out of sight.  His map icon is there, I've waited on him and of course searched for him.  After that all you can do is abort the mission and damage your stats.

He just flies off/disappears, half way through trying to beat him at the last point in the map where you fight him after you slide down the pipe. this is the FIFTH time this has happened. It's game breaking because i have to bloody abort because i can't go anywhere because the water is still running. and because i didn't actually beat him therefore making the run a waste of my time. and it's mentally draining having to abort after spending 10 minutes trying to navigate earth's map trying to get to him and this happens. Please fix this ASAP.

yes, this also happened to me and someone I was helping thru this mission. just as you get Vay hek to his second sage where he flies off,  the objective marker reorients to the platform he reappears on, and nothing. he doesn't come back and all that happens is a slow trickle of grineer keep coming in as they would if he was actually there. while we were stuck in this position, I tried all I could to reset him, via the means I had in game. like telling everyone to move away from the drop space. and activating all the possible things in the environment. we even shot down the bridge before he flew off,in an effort to make hi come back or something. please fix this, as this is a real annoyance for new players because they have tog et past this to continue the main storyline.

I've had an added issue. On the rare occasions he works right, he isn't dropping pigments for me. Happened 2 or 3 times, where I finally got him to Tera Frame and then he didn't drop anything, before I just gave up for the day.

I can confirm this bug as well. It seems to be random when it happens, but he definitely does not appear for his final phase when the bug occurs. It shows the waypoint marker where he's supposed to appear from, but you're left with no option other than to abort the mission.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2017 at 1:34 PM, [DE]Saske said:

Hey Tenno! We think we found the cause for this issue, we do not have a estimate timeline on a fix, but we are investigating. I will keep you posted.

Still not fixed: happened to our squad on a Flood mission today.  Vay Hek fled in the final room with the "do not think we are done here, Tenno" comment.