Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Creating an option to permanently ban members from a clan.

---RV---Maniac

Like the title says, an option where you could add a player to a clan ban list or something and make it so he's never able to join again unless you remove him from the list. 

There are certain people who we don't want in our clans yet they will go do anything to get in. There's also the fact that they can change their names and ask for invite. 

Unless you got a screenshot of their stats you can't know for sure, that also implies everyone who can recruit having to acess every banned player stat screenshot to check.

With this a player will be permantly banned from the clan, even if he changes names and removing the stalker cases and overall obnoxious players we encounter easily,

Currently dealing with a no life stalker who keeps changing names to get in the clan, I can see who it is from my ignored list but he can still get in and be anoying to clan mates.

30 minutes ago, ---RV---Maniac said:

Like the title says, an option where you could add a player to a clan ban list or something and make it so he's never able to join again unless you remove him from the list. 

There are certain people who we don't want in our clans yet they will go do anything to get in. There's also the fact that they can change their names and ask for invite. 

Unless you got a screenshot of their stats you can't know for sure, that also implies everyone who can recruit having to acess every banned player stat screenshot to check.

With this a player will be permantly banned from the clan, even if he changes names and removing the stalker cases and overall obnoxious players we encounter easily,

Currently dealing with a no life stalker who keeps changing names to get in the clan, I can see who it is from my ignored list but he can still get in and be anoying to clan mates.

This is the kind of person Support exists for, and I'm being completely serious here. This kind of behavior can constitute harassment, and should be reported in a Support ticket with all the evidence you have available, including screen shots. Submit everything that has happened, and everything you know about what they've done to continue stalking you and put it in that support ticket, including all of the aliases that you know of that they've switched to and the last one you know of them having. It may not be an "instant" resolution, but they should be able to help you with this and perhaps prevent this person from doing this to other people as well.

1 minute ago, Jeahanne said:

This is the kind of person Support exists for, and I'm being completely serious here. This kind of behavior can constitute harassment, and should be reported in a Support ticket with all the evidence you have available, including screen shots. Submit everything that has happened, and everything you know about what they've done to continue stalking you and put it in that support ticket, including all of the aliases that you know of that they've switched to and the last one you know of them having. It may not be an "instant" resolution, but they should be able to help you with this and perhaps prevent this person from doing this to other people as well.

being annoying is not banable, a simple ban list will help all clans across warframe. He's not the first and he's not going to be the last. Besides reporting players in this game, is so over complicated and waste of time.

Just now, ---RV---Maniac said:

being annoying is not banable, a simple ban list will help all clans across warframe. He's not the first and he's not going to be the last. Besides reporting players in this game, is so over complicated and waste of time.

If someone is just being "annoying", it shouldn't take having to permanently ban a player to keep them out. While I agree the feature might be useful, if someone is going so far as to change their name to repeatedly rejoin a clan, or harassing/tricking other members of the clan to rejoin, the issue is bigger than just being "annoying". That kind of behavior is harassment, whether it be against a member of the clan or against the entire population of the clan. At the very least, reporting these people to support gives DE a documented trail of their behavior which they can use to take action against them if necessary. Moreover, while it is "complicated" to report someone (or multiple people) in this manner, it leaves a much more detailed trail that can be followed to see if this player is causing bigger issues that may not be already known about.

The vast majority of just "annoying" players will give up after a kick and an ignore. What you're describing is more than that.

Just now, Husla said:

If you want someone not to join your clan after kicking them, I suggest. You trust your recruiters. They can't enter you clan unless you let them. No reason to add a ban list.

moon clan, dozens of recruiters, they can changes to deceive thus the ban list.

Its a small feature, that won't hurt anyone, will help clans overall and seems simple to implement. 

Why is that so bad?

15 minutes ago, ---RV---Maniac said:

Being annoying isn't bannable, but as previously mentioned, harassment is... and can even land you in court.

And reporting isn't really that complicated... It's about the same as writing a forum thread. You're just telling someone what happened... you practically just did that here. Just add screenshots and more detail and there you go, a report.

11 minutes ago, --RV--Draconian said:

The point of this topic is not about dealing with this particular person, it's about providing players with an easy functionality, that prevents occasions like this.

In the mean time, instead of sitting on your hands you could use the tools that are CURRENTLY at your disposal instead of waiting for an entirely new system to be created for your problem, which the OP seemed to be content in doing.

18 minutes ago, --RV--Draconian said:

We will, but how about staying on topic maybe?

I'd say I'm close enough to it... I don't disagree with his idea you happy now?

and you say you will now but OP clearly said that reporting players is an overly complicated waste of time, implying he would do that opposite of what you just said, even though the process is fairly simple.

You may not like me being "off topic" but I was literally only looking out for you and your clan. I wasn't going to just watch someone let a player harass their clan when they can do something about it.

Edited by AXCrusnik

Thing is when you don't have a well structured clan like I do, being able to just ban and leave it at that for players that you just don't want back in is a great thing. Its my clan and whether I have 2 recruiters or 20 I just don't trust anyone. I don't know these people and I would rather take things into my own hands to make sure particular people don't make it back in. I have run servers and other clans and being able to have more commands at my disposal would be a great addition for clans. There is just not enough put into the ranking system either but that's off topic. Honestly any addition that helps clan leaders would be welcome imo.

+1

This is an option that should've been added a very long time ago. We had some people we didn't want in our clan yet they could simply ask for an invite from someone else. Despite being kicked over and over again, kept coming back. Very annoying. 

Let's hope DE sees this thread and add a ban option.

Edited by Stoner74

On 2017-5-20 at 9:40 PM, AXCrusnik said:

I'd say I'm close enough to it... I don't disagree with his idea you happy now?

and you say you will now but OP clearly said that reporting players is an overly complicated waste of time, implying he would do that opposite of what you just said, even though the process is fairly simple.

You may not like me being "off topic" but I was literally only looking out for you and your clan. I wasn't going to just watch someone let a player harass their clan when they can do something about it.

Reported, then proceeded to get one of this auto generated messages from DE, showing most likely noone even read it, specially when I said on the ticket that it was mainly clan harassment yet the automated messaged only talked about player harassment.

The point of me posting this was to create a way to help all clans, even if you report there is no guarantee they do anything about it. While having a ban list would make sure you have a permanent way of dealing with this. Sure reporting harassing players should still be done but again no guarantee it will do anything.

Also it's not just for this guy, there alot of people that get kicked for constantly geting into arguments, doing something shady like afking in missions or skiping on keysharing,etc.. and when I kick those guys I don't want them ever to be able to comeback.

22 hours ago, ---RV---Maniac said:

Reported, then proceeded to get one of this auto generated messages from DE, showing most likely noone even read it, specially when I said on the ticket that it was mainly clan harassment yet the automated messaged only talked about player harassment.

The point of me posting this was to create a way to help all clans, even if you report there is no guarantee they do anything about it. While having a ban list would make sure you have a permanent way of dealing with this. Sure reporting harassing players should still be done but again no guarantee it will do anything.

Also it's not just for this guy, there alot of people that get kicked for constantly geting into arguments, doing something shady like afking in missions or skiping on keysharing,etc.. and when I kick those guys I don't want them ever to be able to comeback.

Honestly this takes a lot of the work out from DE because you could police your own clan instead of potentially waiting for your ticket to be read and then having the proof to do something actually about it. DE more than likely goes through hundreds of tickets a day so IMO it makes sense to add this in, especially for larger clans. Honestly if someone ends up on the list its probably for a very good reason and more QoL clan options, at least for me are always welcome. Some people may not have a use for it and that's fine, they don't have to use it but there are indeed some clans that can benefit from it like you said. Especially for those players that harass or repeatedly break clan rules.

I'd like to link this to my mega thread if you don't mind. This is a really good suggestion. Let me know if its alright!

Edited by Volzien

54 minutes ago, Volzien said:

Honestly this takes a lot of the work out from DE because you could police your own clan instead of potentially waiting for your ticket to be read and then having the proof to do something actually about it. DE more than likely goes through hundreds of tickets a day so IMO it makes sense to add this in, especially for larger clans. Honestly if someone ends up on the list its probably for a very good reason and more QoL clan options, at least for me are always welcome. Some people may not have a use for it and that's fine, they don't have to use it but there are indeed some clans that can benefit from it like you said. Especially for those players that harass or repeatedly break clan rules.

I'd like to link this to my mega thread if you don't mind. This is a really good suggestion. Let me know if its alright!

Sure you can put it there, also don't say like policing my own clan like it's easy. It's a moon clan with hundreds of player going in and out every month and I don't have time to play everyday nowadays to keep personal track. We have been able to keep him out by tracking his profile and all my officers are aware of him but it's alot of unecessary work if we just had a ban list for clans that would be that.

44 minutes ago, ---RV---Maniac said:

Sure you can put it there, also don't say like policing my own clan like it's easy. It's a moon clan with hundreds of player going in and out every month and I don't have time to play everyday nowadays to keep personal track. We have been able to keep him out by tracking his profile and all my officers are aware of him but it's alot of unecessary work if we just had a ban list for clans that would be that.

I didn't mean to come off like it would be easy. Just meant that there would be a system in place to better help you to do so.