Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron weapon Skin concept: Grineer Gurrand

Shufly

(Preface: This is a small project I decided to embark on to get myself back into doing 3D work. I'm not sure based on the rules or not if a Latron concept would be accepted but ah well, it'll be fun anyway.)

So, I'll be posting some artwork early tonight after I finish up some concepts, but here's the idea. 

My (and maybe yours) favorite Nerf gun, the Latron (and its prime cousin), need some skin love (not that kind of skin love)... but... how, and what kind?

Then It came to my head in a sound.

*PING!*
b88364874c0781923b764066158f1001.jpg

The Mg1 Garand, or at least, a battle rifle style like that. The Latron is technically an EBR (enhanced battle rifle) and why not get back to our roots and get a little fun with the concept.

Anyway, I'll be posting some concept art up in a bit, and there will be some edits here, including idea changes. The original idea was to go for A Grineer Garand design, but that may even change factions (since I've been having a VERY hard time emulating the Grineer art style). Anyway. Here goes nothin'. More to come very soon.
Edit-1
I still need to do some concept work, but here's a very rough idea of a Grineer thing (I work nights on weekends, so I've had not much time yet.).

Edit:
(also, yes, I do realize the Tiberon is also (technically) a battle rifle, but it's of a very long style rifle compared to the more compact design (not to mention, the tib is a tri-barrel design). I'll post some concept art soon enough to get a rough idea of where to go with this.

5/22/2017 (Been having a rough time trying to get the grineer style narrowed down. I wish I could pick the brain of the guy who works on the majority of grineer weapon designs, but I feel it's a little closer). Anyway, Here's another go at it. I'll do a rough up in blender soon, but I could use some feedback. 

Edited by Shufly
More info, and clarification, also, pictures

I like how it's going! So far it's resembling some sort of Hek-Vulkar love child, but in a good way because it's looking very Grineer. I almost think the barrel from the first concept art looked more in tune with the faction - usually the Grineer rifles seem to follow a trend of thinner, pipe-like framework mixed with larger, rounded segments on top of it (see Grakata, Hind, Vulkar, Ogris, etc), so maybe something more along those lines would be fitting. Like I said, I really think the first concept art was closer to the Grineer aspect you're going for. But that's just my two cents.

I think the Latron is not a good weapon to turn into a M1 Garand-eske rifle. I think it looks more like the Thompson SMG, not the gangster tommy gun, but the one you see on WWII movies or games like MOHAA, at least by looking at Latron Prime it does.

Regardless your designs look great, I'd love to see them turned into an actual in-game skin.

Edited by Ricardo58

Will do guys @

On 6/7/2017 at 2:03 PM, (Xbox One)DomTheKilleur said:

I'm a fan of old vintage weaponry and this is right down my alley. Please keep us updated @Shufly.

Sorry for the falloff in updates. Been super busy at work, and admittedly drawing some other stuff. I ran into a bit of a brick wall with the design stuff, since I'm STILL having a hard time with getting grineer aesthetics correct (I'd like to speak with the head Grineer artists someday, but sadly no tenno con tickets in my future :C). I'll hopefully have a new update later in the week.