The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Tweaks: Passive, Ult, and More

Sajochi

I was thinking quite a lot about ember lately. She's a cool frame with an awesome concept: set everything on fire and look good doing it. Thing is, far too many builds revolve around her ultimate. I'm not saying the other abilities are weak, they are strong in their own regard. It's just WoF is the easiest way to apply damage in a large area, and with the augment, a good form of CC for levels where fire damage falls off. My aim is not to remove WoF, but re-purpose it in a more interactive way that would encourage players to use her other skills. Drum roll please...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Move WoF to her brand new, interactive passive

That's a crazy idea, isn't it? Before you start typing, please read below as you might like what I'm going to present

Passive - World on Fire

Whenever Ember inflicts damage with abilities, she charges her WOF meter (shown as a percentage). As she gains charge, her Power Strength and Power Efficiency Grows. When her meter is charged fully, her next ability cast causes fiery explosions to erupt around her, dealing damage to enemies in range of Ember for 10s. Once the duration ends, her meter is reset.

Mechanics

• Charge is based on amount of damage inflicted and how many enemies are affected.
  • Ember gains 1% Power efficiency for every 10% of charge, equaling 10% efficiency at full charge and in WoF mode (cannot go over 75% cap)
  • Ember gains 3% Power Strength for every 10% charge, equaling 30% power strength at full charge and in WoF mode
  • Heat procs last 2% longer every 10% charge, equaling 20% increased heat proc duration at full and in WoF mode
  • WoF damage and range affected by mods, duration is unaffected
  • Enemies are also inflicted with a knockdown
  • All bonuses are lost when WoF ends, and must be charged up again

The idea behind this passive is to allow windows of power for Ember where players. I was thinking about the nature of fire when coming up with this: a small controlled burn that eventually grows out of control and burns out quickly. I'm not proposing a charge decay (unless in a null bubble) so as to reward the player and not feel like abilities were wasted. Instead, the decay is the 10s of WoF, where you can cause massive destruction and chaos.

Small Accellerant Addition

• Heat damage inflicted on affected enemies from weapons contributes to charge at half the rate.
  • Embers damaging abilities on affected enemies builds charge even faster.

A consistency buff so Accelerant can work with the new passive.

The New Ultimate

By throwing WoF into the passive, Ember needs a new ult. I have a couple of ideas of what could work, both of which can be improved on. Please note, I am open to other suggestions if anyone has any.

Eruption - Nearby Enemies inflicted with Heat procs explode, dealing a mixture of blast and heat damage. Especially potent in Nova Mode.

• Has damage falloff over the explosion range
  • Initial damage inflict a blast and heat proc in a smaller range, heat damage only towards the edge of the blast range.
  • Proc chance is 100%, regardless of range
  • New Augment: Continuous Eruption - New Enemies affected by heat procs have a chance to explode based on charge rate. 

-or-

Scorched Earth - Ember charges forward in a ball of fire, scorching the terrain under her, and exploding at the end of the the charge

• Scorched Terrain continually damages enemies, with a chance of inflicting a heat proc
  • Ember knocks aside any enemies during her charge, and knocks away enemies in the explosion at the end of the charge
  • The final explosion creates a large patch of Scorched Terrain
  • Can be casted in air, with the charge direction centered to reticle.
  • New Augment: Supernova - The final eruption leaves ember ignited, releasing waves of flames every time she bullet jumps for 15s.

That's all I have for now. If anyone has any other suggestions, feel free to comment. My goal is to see every warframe have more interesting and interactive gameplay, so there might be others in the future.

My Other Warframe Tweaks

Spoiler

Chroma 

Edited by Sajochi

I would not say the fire quake augment is good, since it produces knock-downs what kills not only your own but the hole team dps.

On 21.5.2017 at 2:45 PM, Sajochi said:

Passive - World on Fire

Whenever Ember inflicts damage with abilities, she charges her WOF meter (shown as a percentage). As she gains charge, her Power Strength and Power Efficiency Grows. When her meter is charged fully, her next ability cast causes fiery explosions to erupt around her, dealing damage to enemies in range of Ember for 10s. Once the duration ends, her meter is reset.

Mechanics

• Charge is based on amount of damage inflicted and how many enemies are affected.
  • Ember gains 1% Power efficiency for every 10% of charge, equaling 10% efficiency at full charge and in WoF mode (cannot go over 75% cap)
  • Ember gains 3% Power Strength for every 10% charge, equaling 30% power strength at full charge and in WoF mode
  • Heat procs last 2% longer every 10% charge, equaling 20% increased heat proc duration at full and in WoF mode
  • WoF damage and range affected by mods, duration is unaffected
  • Enemies are also inflicted with a knockdown
  • All bonuses are lost when WoF ends, and must be charged up again

The idea behind this passive is to allow windows of power for Ember where players. I was thinking about the nature of fire when coming up with this: a small controlled burn that eventually grows out of control and burns out quickly. I'm not proposing a charge decay (unless in a null bubble) so as to reward the player and not feel like abilities were wasted. Instead, the decay is the 10s of WoF, where you can cause massive destruction and chaos.

So it is basically WoF like Syndicate proc on Ember? Also no knock-downs, they would be only useful for melee, then again you do not use WoF for melee. However you use accellerant and fireball for CC(because WoF lacks the range and CC in a melee build) and weapons with stances that produce knock-downs in the combo for channelled ground finishers(heavy blade and throwing weapons in particular).

Small Accellerant Addition

• Heat damage inflicted on affected enemies from weapons contributes to charge at half the rate.
  • Embers damaging abilities on affected enemies builds charge even faster.

A consistency buff so Accelerant can work with the new passive.

Well you do not deal that much heat damage with your abilities at higher levels and it would defeat the point of more active play at lower levels if it would be this way, instead of the other way around, putting the scaling mostly on active weapon use, quite similar to Chroma.

The New Ultimate

By throwing WoF into the passive, Ember needs a new ult. I have a couple of ideas of what could work, both of which can be improved on. Please note, I am open to other suggestions if anyone has any.

Eruption - Nearby Enemies inflicted with Heat procs explode, dealing a mixture of blast and heat damage. Especially potent in Nova Mode.

• Has damage falloff over the explosion range
  • Initial damage inflict a blast and heat proc in a smaller range, heat damage only towards the edge of the blast range.
  • Proc chance is 100%, regardless of range
  • New Augment: Continuous Eruption - New Enemies affected by heat procs have a chance to explode based on charge rate. 

-or-

Scorched Earth - Ember charges forward in a ball of fire, scorching the terrain under her, and exploding at the end of the the charge

• Scorched Terrain continually damages enemies, with a chance of inflicting a heat proc
  • Ember knocks aside any enemies during her charge, and knocks away enemies in the explosion at the end of the charge
  • The final explosion creates a large patch of Scorched Terrain
  • Can be casted in air, with the charge direction centered to reticle.
  • New Augment: Supernova - The final eruption leaves ember ignited, releasing waves of flames every time she bullet jumps for 15s.

That's all I have for now. If anyone has any other suggestions, feel free to comment. My goal is to see every warframe have more interesting and interactive gameplay, so there might be others in the future.

Wouldn't Eruption be just like WoF with damage falloff over range and the unwanted blast procs?

Scorched Earth would be probably to lethal to yourself with the frame at higher levels.

In my opinion:

Accelrant: Add 10% base status chance to all of Embers weapons while accelerant is active. This removes a big part of the unreasonable grind attached to the weapons that can be really good on Ember as well as it fixes to some degree DEs decisions that older weapons like the boar prime or akbronko prime in status modding should need a riven for reaching 100% status with fire on Ember to acquire scalability while giving weapons like the Tigris prime the same status chance, that does not even need heat for 5 times more damage scaling, given it does 10 times the damage from the get go.

Fire blast: Set the hole ring on fire, so it can be used to protect a defence target from melee units by slowing them down or delay 1-2 respawn points(like we did back in the day with Frost and snow globes).

WoF: Drop the damage down from 400 to 50, improve the status chance to 40-45% and change any fire proc in WoF range into a scaling one by refreshing the dot on the next fire hit(both weapons and abilities) and adding 5%(affected by power strength) of the applied heat damage to the dot. This way WoF would lose next to all the appeal to kill low level missions without weapon use while adding some scalability to WoF. I for myself do not really need it, but there should be a somewhat more reasonable middle ground between "does not scale" and "scales fairly linear, against everything", similar to how it works with most other frames that do not require a epic grind before you can come to the conclusion that your frame is actually fairly good compared to other options.

I love the passive. For the ultimate..

Dread Comet - chunks of burning rock fall from the sky(size of comets effected by range)(number of comets effected by power strength)crashing into enemies and exploding, doin a guaranteed blast proc per comet and inflicting 2k dmg base per comet in a 6m radius(duration of power effected by duration).

I would just move to equinox to speed run my missions so I don't care what happens to Ember to be completely honest. As it stands I only use ember to speed run low level fissure missions as it is since WoF is her only good ability though and this might make me more prone to using her for other things! I am for this rework 100% ((Mainly because I have a lazy friend who's one of those sit on the pod with WoF on and text or make a sandwich people xD))

6 hours ago, yarash2110 said:

honestly it's not perfect, but it is much better than her current state, much more interactive and interesting, i like it

Nothing is perfect on the first go, but I see you share the same sentiment. Add something without removing much (passive that works in niche settings) and you get something that looks way more fun to play.

58 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

I love the passive. For the ultimate..

Dread Comet - chunks of burning rock fall from the sky(size of comets effected by range)(number of comets effected by power strength)crashing into enemies and exploding, doin a guaranteed blast proc per comet and inflicting 2k dmg base per comet in a 6m radius(duration of power effected by duration).

A meteor storm. I kind of like it. 

42 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Zweimander said:

I would just move to equinox to speed run my missions so I don't care what happens to Ember to be completely honest. As it stands I only use ember to speed run low level fissure missions as it is since WoF is her only good ability though and this might make me more prone to using her for other things! I am for this rework 100% ((Mainly because I have a lazy friend who's one of those sit on the pod with WoF on and text or make a sandwich people xD))

I have one of those friends too and they irk me something fierce. I still enjoy their company though.