Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, fix your sortie rewards table! AGAIN!

Stormandreas

So, for the past 6 days in a row, I've been doing sorties (I do them every day), but the past 6 days, I've had nothing BUT Ayatan Anasa Sculptures. No riven, no 4k Endo, no booster, just, Sculptures.

Here's proof to just how many I've gotten!

2zsmgia.jpg
bgdg4.jpg

I have 12 of these sculptures, gotten over 2 weeks (14 days). the previous 6/7 or so, I've gotten one after the other.

Honestly, I'm losing a LOT of interest in doing sorties anymore, thanks to the terrible RNG system that DE insist on using instead of just reverting to a much more robust and reliable Token System.

DE, Either fix your tables and make it more common to get different rewards, or just make a Token System already!

Beats vazarin lenses

If you want I will buy some of those off you for plat, I am still in the process of maxing out my primary mods since I am still new-ish. Basically that would be like getting a tiny bit of plat for a sortie reward, that wouldn't be so bad right? :o

Edited by Echorion

RNG is RNG, i for my part i would be happy about Endo or Sculptures, i getting Lenses and Rivens i not even want, i colelct them thou if it is not one i have already thou, just for the sake of keeping them.

I have 33 Rivens since they came out and would rather have Endo or a Legendary core ,which i never had in around 3 years playing, for once to finally max some Primed Mods.

Unlike others i not farm it like mad all day on the same Nodes, it jsut burns me out from the game as much are who then complain to much, but that is besdies the point now, RNG is RNG nothing to do about, sell them for plat or so atleast if you not want them for Endo.

While we at it daily login was the last past 8 days only Boosters for me, RNG at its best.

Sortie mission rewards should be: 1 Riven mod+1 other item, they would be worth playing then. 

Ive done like 3, 2 Exilus adapters and 1 Ayatan......it'd be cool if each of those came with a Riven mod lol.  Yes, I think Riven mods should be more common....

41 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

Honestly, I'm losing a LOT of interest in doing sorties anymore, thanks to the terrible RNG system that DE insist on using instead of just reverting to a much more robust and reliable Token System.

DE, Either fix your tables and make it more common to get different rewards, or just make a Token System already!

How many times you ll have to read it guys : Token system is a God. Damn. Trap. It will not reduce the grind, it will not reduce your weariness, it will not improve long time replay value. For reasons some members had already brillantely and clearly explained on other topics.

(If i find a link i will add it.)

We all know RNG is a big troll , but a token system will get us bored of the game in 3 months, that's all.

The real problem is the eternal grind, imo. It's just a normal reaction to get tired of this after a while, RNG being nice or bad.

Edited by Stonehenge

25 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

I'd prefer forma

Relics give you way more forma than Sorties. Seriously Fissure farming is better for getting forma than doing 3 excessively challenging missions and getting an already abundant reward from other missions.

20 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

RNG is RNG, i for my part i would be happy about Endo or Sculptures, i getting Lenses and Rivens i not even want, i colelct them thou if it is not one i have already thou, just for the sake of keeping them.

I have 33 Rivens since they came out and would rather have Endo or a Legendary core ,which i never had in around 3 years playing, for once to finally max some Primed Mods.

Unlike others i not farm it like mad all day on the same Nodes, it jsut burns me out from the game as much are who then complain to much, but that is besdies the point now, RNG is RNG nothing to do about, sell them for plat or so atleast if you not want them for Endo.

While we at it daily login was the last past 8 days only Boosters for me, RNG at its best.

Exactly.

4 minutes ago, Stonehenge said:

How many times you ll have to read it guys : Token system is a God. Damn. Trap. It will not reduce the grind, it will not reduce your weariness, it will not improve long time replay value. For reasons some members had already brillantely and clearly explained on other topics.

(If i find a link i will add it.)

We all know RNG is a big troll , but a token system will get us bored of the game in 3 months, that's all.

The real problem is the eternal grind, imo. It's just a normal reaction to get tired of this after a while, RNG being nice or bad.

I don't see how a Token system is a trap. I've played many games with a Token System, and many with RNG, and I find that the players using the Token System are far more motivated. They can see their rewards, and they can work towards them, rather than flipping a coin and always getting heads.

A token system provides players with goals, where as RNG forces you to rely on pure luck. DE's RNG has always been very scewed, sometimes more than others, and its very tiresome to play a game that you know has some of the worst odds out there.

1 minute ago, Stormandreas said:

I don't see how a Token system is a trap. I've played many games with a Token System, and many with RNG, and I find that the players using the Token System are far more motivated. They can see their rewards, and they can work towards them, rather than flipping a coin and always getting heads.

A token system provides players with goals, where as RNG forces you to rely on pure luck. DE's RNG has always been very scewed, sometimes more than others, and its very tiresome to play a game that you know has some of the worst odds out there.

Maybe i'm wrong dude, they are already working on tokens anyway, i 'd be happy if this 'new' system make me wrong. 

But we agree on that : Sortie reward table needs a serious rework, that's certain.

Just now, Stonehenge said:

Maybe i'm wrong dude, they are already working on tokens anyway, i 'd be happy if this 'new' system make me wrong. 

But we agree on that : Sortie reward table needs a serious rework, that's certain.

Their working on a token system? First I've heard of it XD

But yea, the Sortie tables do need work, badly. 

I'll infinitely agree. Sorties have special and mostly annoying conditions tied to them with higher than usual levels. The loot isn't better than other normal missions in most cases though. Also daily-limited and unable to grind. This should not rely so much on bad RNG.

Salties (Sorties) already turned into a meme to me and my friends because of all that. What we're doing is playing these 3 time-wasting missions only to get...

Spoiler

EpdtJLq.jpg

...especially funny when you get more rares than commons. RNG, sure. Why am i not a millionaire yet? Rivens are common? More like "come on".

Please fix.

5 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

Their working on a token system? First I've heard of it XD

But yea, the Sortie tables do need work, badly. 

They talked about it in a devstream. One of the 3 last, don't remember wich one. Careful i 'm not saying they talked about token in Sorties, but i think endgame content is clearly targeted. First they test it on Syndicates missions, like the Ambulas event.

26 minutes ago, That1Cactus said:

Relics give you way more forma than Sorties. Seriously Fissure farming is better for getting forma than doing 3 excessively challenging missions and getting an already abundant reward from other missions.

If you have a lot of time yes, but for me that I only do sorties every day, I rader get a Forma than a crappy sculpture.

10 minutes ago, Stonehenge said:

First they test it on Syndicates missions, like the Ambulas event.

In that event we can chose which reward we want. So in sortie, everyone will want nothing but riven. 

So I suggest sortie to have only 1 reward which is riven. lol

1 minute ago, kyori said:

In that event we can chose which reward we want. So in sortie, everyone will want nothing but riven. 

So I suggest sortie to have only 1 reward which is riven. lol

OR you can just make a token system that doesn't allow people to earn more than one or two rivens by season, if you don't want the game to be drawned in rivens.

Yeah, i know : exactly the same result as the one you have with RNG.

My beef with sorties is that, beyond bad rng on end prize, all missions are stripped of their usual rewards: spy, excavations in particular.

This means that sorties are less rewarding than standard missions and if range screws you up a total waste of time.

Enemies loot tables are stripped as well of all the rare mods "to avoid farming", because if in a sortie we get swarmed by mine ospreys, we shouldn't have a chance at mods like concealed explosives for example... (this was mentioned in one of the first devstreams when sorties were introduced)

Trolling much DE?

I fear that a token sistem will be an excuse for DE to put unreasonable high conditions for each prize due to sorties being dailies

Edited by Ikusias
added missing sentence and corrected tiping errors

10 minutes ago, Ikusias said:

This means that sorties are less rewarding than standard missions and if range screws you up a toatl waste of time.

Honnestly i never consider i waste my time on Sortie. I always go in to test my loadouts, and team composition. I hope for a riven yeah, of course, but i don't really care anymore about rewards. I do them for fun and training, and when i see a mission type i don't like or i feel lazy i just dont go.

Much of the content is clearly cool once you get rid of the 'reward obligation.' Non-stop farming leads to sadness. Sadness leads to salt. Salt leads to farm.

Edited by Stonehenge

52 minutes ago, Stonehenge said:

The point isn't to reduce the grind but to make our time spent more rewarding.

Of course it won't improve long time replay value, nothing can do that with the current state of the game.