Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's the use of Loki's decoy when it can't even take hits?? Make it invincible.

Trickst3rGawd

Seriously DE? It should have been made invincible a while ago! If you won't make it so, mines as well make it's timer one second because that's how long it lasts in endgame with 52 seconds of duration! I want to pull aggro before I invis so I wouldn't be targeted, not put it out and in the midst of casting invisibility and die because my decoy was killed so quickly. How do you guys feel about this?

Edited by Trickst3rGawd
  • Like 1

If it's invincible it'll either need lowered duration or less aggro draw to balance out it sitting there for a minute just soaking gun fire. It definitely needs at least increased health. Heck, maybe make it capable of taking a flat number of hits that increases with power strength so that Loki no longer has a dump stat.

4 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

If it's invincible it'll either need lowered duration or less aggro draw to balance out it sitting there for a minute just soaking gun fire. It definitely needs at least increased health. Heck, maybe make it capable of taking a flat number of hits that increases with power strength so that Loki no longer has a dump stat.

This is a good idea make it like the nullifier bubble where its aggro gets weaker the more its shot until it cant hold aggro(this is where it disappears) probably like 3 health bars equaling the flat number each like 500 dmg and have it scale with power str and little bit with duration probably(more dmg+duration = higher health pool and stronger aggro)

Edited by Omnipower

4 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

you dont use your decoy to take away damage. you use it to teleport yourself away.

No. Where in the hell did you get that Idea? THAT'S WHAT ENEMIES ARE FOR. Honestly I think it's both but it should have multiple uses and it's idiotic that it can't take hits, dismissed.

Just now, Trickst3rGawd said:

No. Where in the hell did you get that Idea? THAT'S WHAT ENEMIES ARE FOR. Honestly I think it's both but it should have multiple uses and it's idiotic that it can't take hits, dismissed.

game doesnt shape itself around what you think its right. sorry. yeah sure it could use a buff to its hp but thats all. making it invincible is just not ok.

considering that Loki basically has infinite scaling and all his other power are good, I doubt he'll get looked at again. I think the decoy's fragility is a small price to pay for 30+ seconds of invisibility and the ability to disarm everyone around you.

but hey, I don't really play Loki much, aside from the odd Sortie rescue.

Octavia's Mallet basically outclasses Decoy in every way; it doesn't die and it deals damage based on damage received. I agree that Decoy needs a buff, at least make it so it is an actual hologram that can't be damaged. Compensating nerfs are not necessary.

People who complain about Decoy and Molt being fragile generally don't know how to place them very well. You can actually buy a lot of time if you place it just a little bit out of the way, so that enemies are still drawn in but have to move a bit to actually hit it. There are even guides on the subject.

For example, in-between some boxes, or on a ledge, or in a far corner. Against Infested, Molt can actually be rendered invincible for its duration if you place it in mid-air, just low enough to draw aggro but out of melee range, though I think Decoy either still falls to the ground or can't be cast mid-air.

Edited by Dreddeth

4 minutes ago, Dreddeth said:

People who complain about Decoy and Molt being fragile generally don't know how to place them very well. You can actually buy a lot of time if you place it just a little bit out of the way, so that enemies are still drawn in but have to move a bit to actually hit it. There are even guides on the subject.

For example, in-between some boxes, or on a ledge, or in a far corner. Against Infested, Molt can actually be rendered invincible for its duration if you place it in mid-air, just low enough to draw aggro but out of melee range, though I think Decoy either still falls to the ground or can't be cast mid-air.

You can cast it midair, it's just a bit odd doing it that way.

Coming from a long-time Loki user, I wouldn't be opposed to Decoy getting a bit of a survivability, at least being able to scale with enemy level to an extent. Nothing wrong with it being able to take a few more hits.

Aside from that, Decoy is indeed a good tool to use if you know how placement will benefit you/your team the most.
I use it sometimes to traverse great distances quickly, or to draw fire away from teammates in need.

It has a lot of uses, but is quite fragile.
I think it deserves a bit of a buff, nothing over the top though.
(I know it's a hologram, but still, making Decoy completely invulnerable may be a bit OP.)

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

Definition of "hologram": a three-dimensional image formed by the interference of light beams from a laser or other coherent light source.

Loki creates a holographic decoy that draws enemy fire when deployed.
*takes damage* I mean... I guess. 

Decoy's shield capacity and total health are not affected by Power Strength.

Within a few seconds Infested enemies will swap their aggro to another target.

Grineer and Corpus enemies will keep trying to aim at the Decoy until it disappears even if they cannot see or hit it, making it extremely effective if placed in good cover against enemy fire.

Currently,

Its used to get to other places

or put in a place enemies cant reach to use augment

It certainly needs a buff, the word decoy literally means something to draw aggro to make an opportunity for you to run away, with its current HP, it dies the second it draws fire

Opportunity go poof :sadcry:

Loki guide (2 brain cells needed)

0 - Be invisible, aka, be Loki

1 - Cast your decoy behind a crate, outside of melee range

2 - Disarm the whole room

3 - Profit

Loki guide (0 brain cells needed)

0- Be Loki

1 - Switch tp with augment on your decoy. Invincible decoy

2 - Profit, and you can even switch tp your squishy mates

Edited by Xgomme

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-5-21 at 4:57 PM, Chipputer said:

Decoy should be completely invulnerable and just duration based, period.

There's no excuse for it not to be when we have Octavia's 1st ability Mallet performing the exact same function but more, with invulnerability and damage amplifying and reflection.

It isn't asking for much when you look at the aforementioned ability completely outclassing it.

Power strength being a dump stat atm makes perfect sense, Loki deal absolutely 0 damage with his abilities, so its only fair. 

Edited by Dragazer

On 2017-5-21 at 4:57 PM, Chipputer said:

If it's invincible it'll either need lowered duration or less aggro draw to balance out it sitting there for a minute just soaking gun fire.

Octavia's 1st ability does exactly what you described, being completely invulnerable while also reflecting and amplifying enemy gunfire.

Not to mention the fact that Octavia has a refreshable cloak skill that can be given to the entire team too

I don't think making decoy invulnerable as well is asking for too much when you have something like that. 

12 minutes ago, Dragazer said:

Decoy should be completely invulnerable and just duration based, period.

There's no excuse for it not to be when we have Octavia's 1st ability Mallet performing the exact same function but more, with invulnerability and damage amplifying and reflection.

It isn't asking for much when you look at the aforementioned ability completely outclassing it.

Power strength being a dump stat atm makes perfect sense, Loki deal absolutely 0 damage with his abilities, so its only fair. 

Amen

Edited by -CM-AbsoluteZero