The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven mod reroll 2.0 and Hardcore KUVA farm

-VV-ODiN

Introduction of Riven mods to game was nice change, good - godlike stats let us push weapons setups behind it´s limits. Riven disposition "cap of max capacity" has it´s logic (strong disp. for weak mostly Meta weapons and Faint for already powerfull one). Trading Riven mods gave fresh air to the market... new mods prices skyrocket, then more day pass - demand/offer setup it´s price (the same happen with new Prime sets).

Reroll stats has too much RNG. I feel to get wanted - perfect Godlike stats is like "looking for Saint grail" you know it could exist but you never get it...

Riven mod reroll 2.0

Many of us dream about to have some kind of control over it:

- to be able to lock wanted stats, reroll only unwanted or just simply invert polarities (some negative stats break all near godlike riven), with some disadvantages conditions:  huge Kuva cost, extra high cost tool, became to be not trade able, possible "get broken in process" etc..

- to be able swap one stats from a weapon with the same "dots" disposition to another (it break my heart when get perfect Critical stats: crit.chance, crit. dmg, dmg/multi with negative zoom for Status weapon and vice versa)..

- to have possiblity transmute varios bad stats Riven mods to new one..

just to have extra last chance to tune it a little bit more..

Hardcore KUVA farm

Reroll stats has it´s dark side = big lack of Kuva . 

Starmap 2.0 killed Void, endgame challenges were sudently gone. To play Void used to be fight in "Elf´s shiny castle to get their treasures" longer you survived more prime parts you got...

Kuva farm is too repetetive, to get decent amount is a pain. Until now we were defeating Kuva extractor on planets, why not attack directly Kuva fortress?

DE would kill Two birds with one stone:  bring back ENDGAME - and let as farm decent Kuva. Survive/defence = endless mission were "longer you are able to survive more you Kuva you will get". Kuva drop should scale with enemy levels.. (2hours survive with 10k+ kills could gives 100k Kuva etc.)

Anyone has similar thoughts? 

Edited by -VV-ODiN

my only concern is the kuva farming; i think everything else is fine. endless mission idea in the the kuva fortress tileset is a nice idea. and i like the fact that there's a time limit + a required kill count. 100k sounds excessive but that's just me. also kuva should replace endo in sortie reward pool. not a bad set of ideas m8.

20 minutes ago, -VV-ODiN said:

DE would kill Two birds with one stone:  bring back ENDGAME - and let as farm decent Kuva. Survive/defence = endless mission were "longer you are able to survive more you Kuva you will get". Kuva drop should scale with enemy levels.. (2hours survive with 10k+ kills could gives 100k Kuva etc.)

Fairly certain they are working on an endless mission type for Kuva farming on the Fortress (a previous Dev Stream), the rest of the idea seems overwhelming. It should remain the way it is otherwise it would kill it's own purpose.

5 minutes ago, Synpai said:

I wish they would just use kuva for something else and let us reroll with credits

This is just silly, I went from 600k to 20 million casually farming index over the weekend.

3 minutes ago, GrizzlyBear said:

Fairly certain they are working on an endless mission type for Kuva farming on the Fortress (a previous Dev Stream), the rest of the idea seems overwhelming. It should remain the way it is otherwise it would kill it's own purpose.

This is just silly, I went from 600k to 20 million casually farming index over the weekend.

If/when they add Kuva to the fortress it'll be presumably much easier/consistent to farm.

My comment didn't imply that Kuva shares the same value as credits (I know better; it's ~1:100), so I'm not saying "Hey make rerolling 900-3.5k credits lollelkek #smrt"

I'm saying "Put to use this abundant resource we have just sitting there."

We'll have to see, but if/when Kuva gets added to the fortress it may just become "credits" all over again if people can farm it 'tll their heart's content.

1 hour ago, -VV-ODiN said:

- to be able to lock wanted stats, reroll only unwanted or just simply invert polarities (some negative stats break all near godlike riven), with some disadvantages conditions:  huge Kuva cost, extra high cost tool, became to be not trade able, possible "get broken in process" etc..

Being able to choose riven stats to lock is completely counter to the system existing. I would imagine the entire system would be ripped out of the game before something like this was allowed.

18 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Being able to choose riven stats to lock is completely counter to the system existing. I would imagine the entire system would be ripped out of the game before something like this was allowed.

The amount of RNG it has inflates the cost of "god" rivens, and rerolling to what you want takes an act of god and a few strokes of good luck to get exactly what you want. I have a Tigris Riven but I'm not sure if I want to spend hours farming Kuva to just reroll 5-7 times.

Good to hear -  KUVA endless is in DE plan. (I have not seen DevStream recently, KUVA keeps me busy..). Cross fingers for real Endless Hardcore challenge, with decent drop  which should scale according to enemy´s level. If that gonna be soft version, only  = 1k Kuva each 5min, then NoThankYou.

@Church002 that 100k is 50k with resource booster 

@GrizzlyBear @peterc3 I´m not talking about to have full control over Stats, there alwyas will be the RNG part, with protections against exploits: only 1 try, 1-4 stats random lock, huge cost (I would not mind dump 200k kuva to dump to it) etc.

I said "Many of us dream about to have some kind of control" dreams stay dreams..

IMO the most viable is:

- to have possiblity transmute varios bad stats Riven mods to the new on

I  also forgot to say - KUVA missions deserve extra spot in fast missions menu between ALERTS and INVASIONS

I agree with the OP. There are ways to keep the system flavor but add some sense of progression to it. I understand it needs RNG, grind etc...

But right now it is THE ONLY thing attached to it. You can do the process which is repetitive as hell for years and still get nothing. You didnt progress, you were not rewarded.

I dont want anything for free, I have rolled HUNDREDS of times my 60 rivens, I dont even bother if it took months to get to the point I wanted in my riven but it would be wonderful to feel that all the effort are going somewhere. 

Kuva farming at the Kuva Fortress would be so much better. Locking stats would be graet too because it is too much RNG. 

I too think thats on riven mods should be fixed. No stat ranges from e.g. 80-120% crit instead let it be 100% crit, when you roll crit. Stat range doesn't fit to a game like Warframe where all stats always were fixed. Serration rank 10 always has 165% damage and so should the stats of rivens be fixed.

With this much more people could afford good rivens, instead of only the top % of the playerbase. Those insane platinum prices on riven mods because they are so are and hard to get are just way over the top.

On 05/21/2017 at 11:22 PM, peterc3 said:

No not really,  you're exaggerating to the extreme.  There are a number of ways to introduce stat locking that is imo good.

The obvious thing is to only allow a stat lock after x rolls.  X can be 50 or 100, either way it requires effort to reach such a point.  Second,  the amount of stats that can be locked doesn't have to be all 3 (4). It can be just one or two. Such a system would reward effort while still retaining RNG elements.

Agree Kuva farm is too grindy.

Only way to make it bearable is having a 2X plus another 2X and a smeetha kavat.

And here things gets ugly because kavat buff (unless its fixed) vanish as long as you use the operator, promoting leeching.