Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotus' true form

(PSN)JaysInc_

So we all know the Lotus

150?cb=20131119220124

Our all knowing, caring, space mum that also happens to be a sentient... you know, like Hunhow.

700?cb=20170408211619

^Y'know, this big dude, who's aptly named "Sentient Destroyer of Worlds," and his size supports such a title he's carrying.

So I've been wondering, if Lotus is said to be a sentient like Hunhow, then she needs to have had a 'sentient' body or form...

So where is it?

10 minutes ago, Jackviator said:

Some speculate that the Lotus's helmet is actually the Lotus herself/her Sentient body, and she's basically "possessing" Margulis.

I like that

lets kill her and ordis so we can call it a day; finally be able to mod and color without pop ups

17 minutes ago, Jackviator said:

Some speculate that the Lotus's helmet is actually the Lotus herself/her Sentient body, and she's basically "possessing" Margulis.

Well if that, somewhat, explains where her sentient body is, then it kinda shows how morbid sentient adaptability is considering that Margulis is... you know... dead.

3 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

But why "lotus"?

It kinda interested me that we saw what sentients looked like, and seeing how Lotus was called a sentient, just like Hunhiw, peeked my curiosity even more of what the Lotus could really look like

34 minutes ago, Jackviator said:

It would certainly explain her humanoid appearance.

Theres a flaw in her possessing her body, due to the fact we know what happens to the orokin as time passes, much like everything else they wither and age and eventually their bodies will die. Thus they transfer their mind out of it into a younger one. So its probably just a metamorphic appearance that the lotus takes on more than likely.

So regardless of the sentients longevity or basic immortality, it'd still not stop the aging process of the human body that was Margulis.

Edited by Cmdr-A

It's been speculated that 1.- The Lotus is the Relays(or one relay and the others are "parts" or her), 2.- The Throne is the real Lotus 3.- The Lotus is hiding somewhere else and the throne and body double are just "pieces" of her.

I believe she is the real stuff tho, and that the throne and relays are part of her but everything originates from her body 

XU3W4jE.jpg

32 minutes ago, Jackviator said:

It would certainly explain her humanoid appearance.

But considering how the method of Orokin execution is vaporization if we go with the Crewman Synthesis...

She might look like her, but her body? I give a nope.

I'm just gonna through this out there but.. what if... the orbitor is said sentient body. i wanna guess sentient have pilots of some sort. and need that fancy piece of headgear to control it. since hunhow when first introduced looks to were similar headgear.

just a random thought.

Another problem in the mix is that Hunhow also has the same form, albeit burned and ashen. Doesn't make much sense for Lotus to be Margulis possessed at that point.

Margulis could have been made into a cephalon however, which can be corrupted or possessed by a Sentient. It has the same flaw though thinking that the body's form is that of Margulis though. More info is needed to make a more concrete statement.

5 minutes ago, funtimehippie said:

I'm just gonna through this out there but.. what if... the orbitor is said sentient body. i wanna guess sentient have pilots of some sort. and need that fancy piece of headgear to control it. since hunhow when first introduced looks to were similar headgear.

just a random thought.

Wouldn't work, every tenno has an orbiter for their liset, and Lotus would be taking a huge risk not remaining in a secure place. The orbiter has been invaded by Hunhow himself through the Stalker after all, he would have known then and sought to destroy her then and there. The orbiter I'd also kept in the void, which is very harmful to Sentients.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

4 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Wouldn't work, every tenno has an orbiter for their liset, and Lotus would be taking a huge risk not remaining in a secure place. The orbiter has been invaded by Hunhow himself through the Stalker after all, he would have known then and sought to destroy her then and there.

ahh i but i have another idea. the lotus may not be able to enter the void. but may have some way to open portals, since how did she get the moon in the void in the first place.

so we could be staying on her ship, but we could be deploying through void portals to get to any planet at any moment.

"been invaded by Hunhow himself through the Stalker after all, he would have known then and sought to destroy her then and there."   true cant really think of a counter to that. 

(but i wont deny thats just my guess and could be wrong.)

Edited by funtimehippie

3 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

But considering how the method of Orokin execution is vaporization if we go with the Crewman Synthesis...

She might look like her, but her body? I give a nope.

Maybe Ballas took mercy on her, or maybe she was executed in a different manner that preserved her body; the Scindo Prime was used to decapitate the Orokin's most "respected enemies," and I'd say that she was pretty respected amongst the Orokin for her work on Transference. Even if her head was cut off, it could have been surgically reattached (just look at the tech the Orokin had access to). Who can say?

Anyhow, Warframe's lore definitely isn't its strongest area, so just go with your best headcanon. I'm not gonna tell anyone what to believe.

5 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Another problem in the mix is that Hunhow also has the same form, albeit burned and ashen. Doesn't make much sense for Lotus to be Margulis possessed at that point.

Margulis could have been made into a cephalon however, which can be corrupted or possessed by a Sentient. It has the same flaw though thinking that the body's form is that of Margulis though. More info is needed to make a more concrete statement.

That form maybe the closest Hunhow could reproduce to get closer to Natah tho, like by sentient standards looking alike might be something of a compliment

47 minutes ago, (PS4)JaysInc_ said:

Well if that, somewhat, explains where her sentient body is, then it kinda shows how morbid sentient adaptability is considering that Margulis is... you know... dead.

No worries, Margulis was killed by the Orokin Executors, i.e. the guy she was married(?) to. And even if Natah didn't take the corpse to be her body, it could full well be a "Terminator" scenario.

19 minutes ago, funtimehippie said:

ahh i but i have another idea. the lotus may not be able to enter the void. but may have some way to open portals, since how did she get the moon in the void in the first place.

so we could be staying on her ship, but we could be deploying through void portals to get to any planet at any moment.

"been invaded by Hunhow himself through the Stalker after all, he would have known then and sought to destroy her then and there."   true cant really think of a counter to that. 

(but i wont deny thats just my guess and could be wrong.)

Sentients can go into the Void, but it kills them so why would they? Personally I think they can make quick Void jumps and get away relatively unharmed except for being sterilized, with longer exposure poisoning and killing them eventually, with their smaller parts (Occulysts, Conculysts, & Battalysts) dying almost instantly. As for where the Lotus is, she probably has her own data-scape like the Cephalons do, since the Sentients are still machines, and I do believe that's what they hint at.

1 hour ago, zzzNitro said:

XU3W4jE.jpg

That is indeed the true form of the Sentient fragment we know as the Lotus.

The human body "she" uses for our interaction is probably cloned from dna from the body of Margulis (aka Kaleen), our surrogate mother.

The Sentient fragment (we call the Lotus) has chosen to do so in order to evoke in us trust and the warmth of motherly affections, thus being effective in exerting control over us.

"She" is well aware of the tactics of deception and infiltration. This is what "she" was created to do...

Afterall, the Lotus is synonymous to oblivion and bliss. (see Lotus eaters - symbolism in the ancient epic poem of Odyssey by Homer)

Edited by disco_inferno6

17 minutes ago, disco_inferno6 said:

from the body of Margulis (aka Kaleen)

there is not a shred of lore that correlates this two as the same person, Margulis was a scientist, while Kaleen was sort of a military officer in charge of investigating the disapperances of ships.

Also the effect the tenno had in them are different, while Kaleen is left with a heavily scarred face, Margulis is only mentioned to have become blind. 

13 minutes ago, disco_inferno6 said:

That is indeed the true form of the Sentient fragment we know as the Lotus.

The Lotus could be as big as Hunhow but unless we know just how much "space" she needs for normal behavior we can't really be sure what's her real self.

15 minutes ago, disco_inferno6 said:

The human body "she" uses for our interaction is probably cloned from dna from the body of Margulis (aka Kaleen), our surrogate mother.

Depending on how effective the sentient are at disguising or reproducing the looks of something/someone there may not even be a need for cloning tho.

16 minutes ago, disco_inferno6 said:

The Sentient fragment (we call the Lotus) has chosen to do so in order to evoke in us trust and the warmth of motherly affections, thus being effective in exerting control over us.

"She" is well aware of the tactics of deception and infiltration. This is what "she" was created to do...

True she made that way in order to complete her task but mantaining that form seems to hint at an unability to change or discard said part("human body") which in turn could mean that's her "self"

18 minutes ago, disco_inferno6 said:

Afterall, the Lotus is synonymous to oblivion and bliss. (see Lotus eaters - symbolism in the ancient epic poem of Odyssey by Homer)

Also all of these 

1 minute ago, Pavelord said:

there is not a shred of lore that correlates this two as the same person, Margulis was a scientist, while Kaleen was sort of a military officer in charge of investigating the disapperances of ships.

Also the effect the tenno had in them are different, while Kaleen is left with a heavily scarred face, Margulis is only mentioned to have become blind. 

Codex entry of Ember Prime.