Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotus' true form

(PSN)JaysInc_

In the Second Dream the Lotus says that the transference pods were based off of Margulis" favorite flower. The transference pods are clearly based upon a lotus flower.

.eJwFwdsNhCAQAMBeKIDlKWA3BAkalSXsGj8u17s

1.jpg

Also, If you count the petals on the Warframe logo there are 7. There are 7 pods in the transference thing. The 7 Principles.

.eJwNzUkSgyAQAMC_cA-bGMHPTBFEtFxGYYxZKn-

Edited by Duckboy3825

On 5/22/2017 at 0:59 PM, Jackviator said:

Even if her head was cut off, it could have been surgically reattached (just look at the tech the Orokin had access to). Who can say?

Not making fun of you, but this made me laugh.

I was trying to picture someone trying to reattach someone's else head. I mean, it's not like a bike part where you need just a wrench.

2 minutes ago, ALEX_IV said:

Not making fun of you, but this made me laugh.

I was trying to picture someone trying to reattach someone's else head. I mean, it's not like a bike part where you need just a wrench.

I mean, in an Orokin society in which Transference exists, teleportation has been invented, travel within an alternate dimension where Euclidean geometry just doesn't work is a possibility, true Artificial Intelligence has been created, and a Trinity Prime can be used to restore a person on the edge of death to their full vitality literally instantaneously, I find it hard to believe that medical head transplants wouldn't be, at the very least, a possibility.

58 minutes ago, Jackviator said:

I mean, in an Orokin society in which Transference exists, teleportation has been invented, travel within an alternate dimension where Euclidean geometry just doesn't work is a possibility, true Artificial Intelligence has been created, and a Trinity Prime can be used to restore a person on the edge of death to their full vitality literally instantaneously, I find it hard to believe that medical head transplants wouldn't be, at the very least, a possibility.

I'm not sure you realize how hard it would be to align, fix the torn/burned veins and nerves would be in a human neck and then surgically reattach them in the time before necrosis sets in.

23 hours ago, BetaNoire said:

That is....if she's killable. For one thing, we don't know extent of her abilities. For another ....since the Sentient are robots....she could always be software like Skynet, not just hardware. 

Softwares can be hacked, modified and deleted. We can kill the smaller ones. I don't see why we can't kill the big bois and stop them once and for all.

I find it funny that people think she should be a crab ship just because hunhow is, when the crab ship could merely be 1 model of sentient ship types. Given that their ship types are probably designed with a particular role in mind. Leading to Lotus having an entirely different ship type because she was originally born for the purpose of infiltrating the Orokin command and control systems for the Tenno so that they can be eliminated.

So in all likelihood the human form we see is indeed her true form, however she probably has a larger body that is an extension of herself. Though I doubt its a crab ship model and more likely it is something better made for rapid transit and infiltration.

I subscribe to the theory that in Ballas' "mercy" and the executors need for complete control, they turned Margulis into a cephalon, rewired her to serve, and made her the liaison/caretaker of the Tenno. Basically, one way or another, the Orokin would make Margulis help with the Warframe Initiative.

I could even see Ballas, scorned and spiteful saying something like "You would choose those devils over yourself? Over ME? So be it! Stay with your precious monsters for eternity, and suffer for it."

Over time Cephalon Gulis became a sort of networked hub for the Tenno, probably filling a similar role to Ordis. And Cephalon Gulis served obediently, showing none of Margulis' rebellious willfullness. But somewhere deep inside the datascape, she still lived, and still cared for her Tenno.

Later, Natah comes along and is tasked with infiltrating the highly ritualized society of the Orokin's greatest weapon, and greatest secret, and somehow subverting it and turning it against their masters. The only way to do this would be to subsume Cephalon Gulis and discover the secret to the control of the Tenno.

But when Natah hacks into Cephalon Gulis, she is faced with the digital ghost of a trapped and mutilated mother, whose only goal is to protect and preserve her surrogate children. Someone who was, ultimately created to serve a specific purpose, regardless of what happened to them. Sentient Natah comes face to face with Cephalon Margulis, and realizes she is looking in a mirror.

Margulis, fragmented and broken as she is, knows her time is up and willingly allows Natah to absorb her, but not before entrusting the well-being of the Tenno to this Mirror-Mother. Natah sees the sacrifice a true parent would make, and knows her father Hunhow would not measure up. She adapts to this new information, as sentients do, and adopts the philosophy of Margulis. She makes her own decision, and prepares for the greatest double cross in history.

20 hours ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Exactly why I'm saying what I said. Without protection their parts die instantly so it's not a far stretch to believe that their main bodies would take a little longer to whittle away, but they die nonetheless. And considering we only see the Lotus in transmissions, she probably doe shave her own private data-scape where she can see everything. Sentients are still just machines.

However, they had a visual shield over them, which Lotus did not. Her form we see her as is still small, meanimg it would take damage just like the units we faced in the quest, it would not be her main form if she retained her Sentient body, and we have developer confirmation that the main Sentients are not all the size of Hunhow. Since she was in the orbiter with no shields, it is safe to assume that the orbiter was not in the void when she entered it in Second Dream. It's not too far a stretch to think that the stalker pulled it out to expose it or Lotus overrode Ordis and dropped it out herself.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

8 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

I'm not sure you realize how hard it would be to align, fix the torn/burned veins and nerves would be in a human neck and then surgically reattach them in the time before necrosis sets in.

You realize that we are preparing for the first complete head transplant surgery this year, right? We have the tech to do it right now.

1 hour ago, Crashen said:

I subscribe to the theory that in Ballas' "mercy" and the executors need for complete control, they turned Margulis into a cephalon, rewired her to serve, and made her the liaison/caretaker of the Tenno. Basically, one way or another, the Orokin would make Margulis help with the Warframe Initiative.

I could even see Ballas, scorned and spiteful saying something like "You would choose those devils over yourself? Over ME? So be it! Stay with your precious monsters for eternity, and suffer for it."

Over time Cephalon Gulis became a sort of networked hub for the Tenno, probably filling a similar role to Ordis. And Cephalon Gulis served obediently, showing none of Margulis' rebellious willfullness. But somewhere deep inside the datascape, she still lived, and still cared for her Tenno.

Later, Natah comes along and is tasked with infiltrating the highly ritualized society of the Orokin's greatest weapon, and greatest secret, and somehow subverting it and turning it against their masters. The only way to do this would be to subsume Cephalon Gulis and discover the secret to the control of the Tenno.

But when Natah hacks into Cephalon Gulis, she is faced with the digital ghost of a trapped and mutilated mother, whose only goal is to protect and preserve her surrogate children. Someone who was, ultimately created to serve a specific purpose, regardless of what happened to them. Sentient Natah comes face to face with Cephalon Margulis, and realizes she is looking in a mirror.

Margulis, fragmented and broken as she is, knows her time is up and willingly allows Natah to absorb her, but not before entrusting the well-being of the Tenno to this Mirror-Mother. Natah sees the sacrifice a true parent would make, and knows her father Hunhow would not measure up. She adapts to this new information, as sentients do, and adopts the philosophy of Margulis. She makes her own decision, and prepares for the greatest double cross in history.

I honestely don't see the appeal of having Margulis in every part of our story, we know that she died way before we went into the cryopods, so chances are we forgot about her the moment we entered the second dream, Natah didn't replace Margulis, in any way, Natah replaced the communications center, it's a lot more plausible that Ballas named the position of Chief Communications Officer as Lotus in honor of Margulis but that's it.

24 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

You realize that we are preparing for the first complete head transplant surgery this year, right? We have the tech to do it right now.

As I recall, they're not exactly expecting it to succeed, it's just that the guy is gonna die anyway so they might as well try it, and the attempt will teach them a lot.

5 hours ago, zzzNitro said:

I honestely don't see the appeal of having Margulis in every part of our story, we know that she died way before we went into the cryopods, so chances are we forgot about her the moment we entered the second dream, Natah didn't replace Margulis, in any way, Natah replaced the communications center, it's a lot more plausible that Ballas named the position of Chief Communications Officer as Lotus in honor of Margulis but that's it.

I like that idea a lot too. A simple, symbolic memorial to Margulis that only Ballas would understand.

That said, I think DE inadvertently made Margulis and Natah too similar, since they are both mother figures voiced by the same person (admittedly thats because most of their development team does double duty as voice actors for the game.) I think at this point it is just easier to merge the two in such a way that Natah/Lotus becomes the spiritual and literal successor to Margulis and continues her work.

I do think it would be super creepy if Natah took Margulis' form though. That would be like your mom dying and then some stranger showing up at the door literally wearing her corpse. I dont think the Tenno would be fooled or moved to anything but revulsion and anger. And seeing as Margulis was officiallt executed, trying to infiltrate the super secret military program wearing the face of a widely known dead woman would not exactly be subtle.

Margulis becoming a cephalon, and Natah taking her over would explain why Natah turned on her own people and helped the Tenno, and how she was able to take such complete control of them.

On 2017-5-22 at 5:10 PM, Jackviator said:

Some speculate that the Lotus's helmet is actually the Lotus herself/her Sentient body, and she's basically "possessing" Margulis.

It would certainly explain her humanoid appearance.

I thought of this. Genius minds strike again, I mean great minds think alike.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sentients can shapeshift. 

29 minutes ago, Crashen said:

Margulis becoming a cephalon, and Natah taking her over would explain why Natah turned on her own people and helped the Tenno, and how she was able to take such complete control of them.

Hunhow attemp at taking over Suda failed misserably, I doubt a different outcome would have occured during the Old War, besides taking over by force doesn't sound too covert and subtle. 

7 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

However, they had a visual shield over them, which Lotus did not. Her form we see her as is still small, meanimg it would take damage just like the units we faced in the quest, it would not be her main form if she retained her Sentient body, and we have developer confirmation that the main Sentients are not all the size of Hunhow. Since she was in the orbiter with no shields, it is safe to assume that the orbiter was not in the void when she entered it in Second Dream. It's not too far a stretch to think that the stalker pulled it out to expose it or Lotus overrode Ordis and dropped it out herself.

It's not like the Orbiter is directly in the Void, it does move from place to place since the Landing Craft does need to return after dropping off and picking up our Warframes from missions. It is however cloaked in some way using a bit of Void energy, possibly the same way the Operator can cloak themselves using the Void.

On 22.5.2017 at 6:33 PM, Hypernaut1 said:

But why "lotus"?

Before she was lotus, she was Natah. So to end her old live she decided to take a now name: lotus, to wash her dark past away. In the botanic theres the lotus effect, if you but dirty water on the leafs of the lotus the dirt will get peals away, just like lotus old ego

1 hour ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

It's not like the Orbiter is directly in the Void, it does move from place to place since the Landing Craft does need to return after dropping off and picking up our Warframes from missions. It is however cloaked in some way using a bit of Void energy, possibly the same way the Operator can cloak themselves using the Void.

Ordis literally says "I will keep the orbiter hidden in the void" and the devs have likewise said specifically that it is in the void. I do not think it is something that is open for interpretation at that point. The void cloak is a sensor cloak on the landing craft specifically to hide it from most sensors, but it is not the same as the orbiter being in the void. The orbiter is kept hidden just like the towers are and how Lua was.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

17 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Ordis literally says "I will keep the orbiter hidden in the void" and the devs have likewise said specifically that it is in the void. I do not think it is something that is open for interpretation at that point. The void cloak is a sensor cloak on the landing craft specifically to hide it from most sensors, but it is not the same as the orbiter being in the void. The orbiter is kept hidden just like the towers are and how Lua was.

Sorry, didn't remember that. Putting things in and out of the Void could just be a power the Lotus possesses then, they don't really ever say exactly how powerful she is but if she can hide the moon then she must be quite strong.

15 hours ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Sorry, didn't remember that. Putting things in and out of the Void could just be a power the Lotus possesses then, they don't really ever say exactly how powerful she is but if she can hide the moon then she must be quite strong.

Well she can directly interact with your Warframe systems and required orokin tech to hold the moon in the void and keep it stable. She probably doesn't have any ability at all to pull or put things in the void, as that would be contrary to what she is. She is a sentient, so no void power. She can however use systems already in place to do the same thing, like overriding ordis and bringing the orbiter into normal space, assuming stalker did not do that already.

On 5/25/2017 at 1:57 AM, SilvaDreams said:

Nanomachines, son.

This is also scifi with a lot of unobtanium. I could believe it.

Edited by BetaNoire