Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Retired weapons and possibly a black market for them.

Rage_Inducer

I've noticed that the Snipetron, regular Machete and if we sell either the blueprint or weapon the ether daggers are unobtainable. They're by no means the most handy weapons to have but can we please get these back in the game so they can be obtained in a reliable way?

Having a "black market" of sorts dedicated to retired weapons as well as alert weapons (glaive and plasma sword, for instance) would be very nice. Rather than paying with plat or credits in this market we could pay with favors - special missions. This would allow early players to obtain these weapons at a time where they might actually get some use out of them when their credit reserves are at an all time low and it would also be a decent source for starting mastery.

Edited by Rage_Inducer

I thought they were available, but just in alerts. If they're not available to get manually in any way then that feels pretty terrible considering there's probably people relying on them to reach the highest amount of mastery.

56 minutes ago, Navarchus said:

I thought they were available, but just in alerts. If they're not available to get manually in any way then that feels pretty terrible considering there's probably people relying on them to reach the highest amount of mastery.

The machete was around with the thousand cuts event but those that missed that can't get it. The snipetron was replaced by some other weapon, but it still exists in the game and it still gives mastery and to my knowledge it hasn't made a return so far.

36 minutes ago, Rage_Inducer said:

The machete was around with the thousand cuts event but those that missed that can't get it. The snipetron was replaced by some other weapon, but it still exists in the game and it still gives mastery and to my knowledge it hasn't made a return so far.

Right, those event weapons both should be in alerts. Even if those events were annual, which they aren't, it just wouldn't feel fair for such mediocre weapons.

On 23/05/2017 at 2:05 PM, Fallen_Echo said:

I can already see it, you go to earth and drop down in an abadoned grineer factory where some outlaws try to sell you various items for plat and creds.

Or simply give more space at Maroo bazaar. It still have a "tenno relay" tileset without thoses syndicats rooms, so let's just add a big room there with a black market no ?

Anyways, i like the idea OP give us. 4-5 weapons unavailable for news players is not the best ways to encourage them and not give up the Grindfest game.

37 minutes ago, Imperatum said:

Or simply give more space at Maroo bazaar. It still have a "tenno relay" tileset without thoses syndicats rooms, so let's just add a big room there with a black market no ?

Anyways, i like the idea OP give us. 4-5 weapons unavailable for news players is not the best ways to encourage them and not give up the Grindfest game.

Thats good too.

>Or simply give more space at Maroo bazaar. It still have a "tenno relay" tileset without thoses syndicats rooms, so let's just add a big room there with a black market no ?

How about making those weapons available through appropriate syndicates(Steel Meridian for grineer-like weapons, Perrin Sequence for corpus-like, Arbiters for Orokin & Tenno tech etc)? Good standings with a syndicate might be either a pre-requirement for accessing it's black market and/or give you a discount.

• 4 weeks later...

There's a 'black market' already, in the form of thrifty people who are buying the Machete blueprint now to offer it for sale when it's off the market again. 
I've seen a well-known Youtuber promote this. Curbing that sort of thing would be a worthy goal in itself. 

I've bought a bunch to give new clan members and/or others if they want them for that last bit of mastery to the next rank - rather than spend plat on them - but that's hardly an ideal solution. 

7 minutes ago, Wiergate said:

There's a 'black market' already, in the form of thrifty people who are buying the Machete blueprint now to offer it for sale when it's off the market again. 
I've seen a well-known Youtuber promote this. Curbing that sort of thing would be a worthy goal in itself. 

I've bought a bunch to give new clan members and/or others if they want them for that last bit of mastery to the next rank - rather than spend plat on them - but that's hardly an ideal solution. 

Correct me if i am wrong, but the machete is a normal weapon, therefore its blueprint is not able to be traded.

On 5/23/2017 at 5:15 AM, Rage_Inducer said:

The Snipertron has appeared twice in the last year. Machete just a week ago. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

The Snipertron has appeared twice in the last year.

Are you sure about that....wiki says October 2015 was the last time and I can't remember seeing it in the last year or I'd have it ticked off my weapons in codex.

15 hours ago, Elvangreen said:

Correct me if i am wrong, but the machete is a normal weapon, therefore its blueprint is not able to be traded.

Then the Youtuber in question got it wrong or is possibly gambling on it becoming trade-able. Great, for once the venal nature of a certain minority is thwarted :smile: 

Just now, (Xbox One)KOR Falleneagle said:

no it was i have it and don't recall playing warframe in october of 2015

maybe it was console only then... because I sure can't remember it on pc, neither can wiki