Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are these builds still viable for Boltor P and Lex P (no Riven mods)?

LODESAMONEY

Assume all mods are maxed.

Boltor Prime: Heavy Caliber, Serration, Shred, Split Chamber, Primed Cryo Rounds, Infected Clip, Hellfire, Stormbringer

Lex Prime: Hornet Strike, Lethal Torrent, Barrel Diffusion, Primed Pistol Gambit, Target Cracker, Convulsion, Pathogen Rounds, Primed Heated Charge

I have Deep Freeze for my Lex Prime as well, and I have multiple elemental configurations to give me the optimal damage type for each enemy faction. But basically a full-on Rainbow build for Boltor Prime and a Crit build for Lex Prime. 

Are these still good enough to work with end-game?

Yes and yes. Those are pretty much the golden standard builds for both of em (not counting primed target cracker, and possibly the crit chance acolyte mod instead of an element on lexP, which you'll get sooner or later).

Edited by rapt0rman

I don't have Boltor Prime, my but Lex Prime build is identical to yours, except that I have Seeker on mine instead of Prime Heated Charge. I can't imagine using any weapon without punchthrough, especially a slow firing one like Lex P.

Edited by Jabarto

Hellfire is antithetical for Boltor, put in a Status Elemental (60% Elemental) of either more Corrosive or more Ice instead, whichever you prefer.
making your Ice Damage into Blast makes the Weapon worse.

Punch-Through is recommended in your last slot for Lex (in place of a third Elemental), but one could opt for Stunning Speed instead, or Hydraulic Crosshairs/Sharpened Bullets, Et Cetera.
something of a preference there - though if you're using Corrosive it's presumed you're fighting Armored Enemies, and Fire Damage is just garbage vs Armor when compared to Ice.

The builds look fine to me. While its still possible to get decent rivens for Lex prime and Boltor prime, they are strong enough that in most cases, their lower disposition riven bonus will make giving up a spot for rivens a harder choice.

I have basically identical builds for my Boltor Prime and Lex Prime and they go well into sortie level without riven's. They wouldn't be some of our best weapons if they required riven's to work in endgame after all. Just focus on getting Primed target cracker and you'll be golden.

I've heard some people say maxing Heavy Caliber is a bad idea too because of the accuracy loss, but I mainly use the weapon for close range combat and I just use controlled fire for medium range, so the accuracy hit doesn't affect me much. Lex P is my long-range weapon, I snipe with it if I have to, so I'd rather have raw damage output on my Boltor P. 

38 minutes ago, LODESAMONEY said:

I've heard some people say maxing Heavy Caliber is a bad idea too because of the accuracy loss, but I mainly use the weapon for close range combat and I just use controlled fire for medium range, so the accuracy hit doesn't affect me much. Lex P is my long-range weapon, I snipe with it if I have to, so I'd rather have raw damage output on my Boltor P. 

Purely personal preference and in how you use your weapon.

Your Boltor is what I used since Boltor Prime came out, and that's what it'll always be. It is an assault rifle, not a battle rifle, or long range sniper, it is an assault rifle. While pistols aren't typically sniper rifles, or really accurate over long range, Lex Prime is, and always will be the pocket sniper. Looks good to me the way you have it built, and that's how I use mine anyway. Same way on Aklex Prime as well.

vH6JmC5.jpg

6lKDJO9.jpg

49 minutes ago, LODESAMONEY said:

I've heard some people say maxing Heavy Caliber is a bad idea too because of the accuracy loss

in short, if Heavy Caliber isn't maxed, it's objectively not worth using, you'll deal more Damage with an Elemental there instead.
technically this applies to any Rank of 8/10 or higher, though.

12 hours ago, Jabarto said:

I don't have Boltor Prime, my but Lex Prime build is identical to yours, except that I have Seeker on mine instead of Prime Heated Charge. I can't imagine using any weapon without punchthrough, especially a slow firing one like Lex P.

I am in the same boat as you. Punch through is almost a must on any weapon I use. My Aklex Prime is a not to use with Seeker on it and the Riven (yes, yes I am aware, non-Riven thread for any who'd point it out) that reduces recoil. The weapon is just pure love when you get a multi-headshot amd hear that distinct cracking sound.

16 hours ago, LODESAMONEY said:

Assume all mods are maxed.

Boltor Prime: Heavy Caliber, Serration, Shred, Split Chamber, Primed Cryo Rounds, Infected Clip, Hellfire, Stormbringer

Lex Prime: Hornet Strike, Lethal Torrent, Barrel Diffusion, Primed Pistol Gambit, Target Cracker, Convulsion, Pathogen Rounds, Primed Heated Charge

I have Deep Freeze for my Lex Prime as well, and I have multiple elemental configurations to give me the optimal damage type for each enemy faction. But basically a full-on Rainbow build for Boltor Prime and a Crit build for Lex Prime. 

Are these still good enough to work with end-game?

Here: https://forums.warframe.com/forum/38-players-helping-players/

16 hours ago, LODESAMONEY said:

There's a DUAL version of Lex Prime now? Well crap, I gotta upgrade to that then.

It's pretty disappointing, just to warn you. It takes a vast amount of resources and one of the rarest prime parts in the game, and I can't even tell if it's actually better than the Lex Primes used to build it.

On 2017-5-23 at 0:07 AM, rapt0rman said:

Yes and yes. Those are pretty much the golden standard builds for both of em (not counting primed target cracker, and possibly the crit chance acolyte mod instead of an element on lexP, which you'll get sooner or later).

The crit chance mod from the acolyte is a dps loss no matter what. 

While his Boltor build is right his Lex P build, if facing armored targets, is sub optimal and should use the dual stat mods instead.

Other than that it's all good.

On 2017-5-23 at 6:38 PM, Jabarto said:

It's pretty disappointing, just to warn you. It takes a vast amount of resources and one of the rarest prime parts in the game, and I can't even tell if it's actually better than the Lex Primes used to build it.

No it isn't disappointing. It shoots faster and has double mag capacity in exchange of a slower reload speed.

The best part though: Rivens are twice as strong on the aklex P. Mine has a crit multiplier above 7 and extra 250 dmg. It's insane.

Edited by (PS4)cdzbrbr

On 5/26/2017 at 8:38 AM, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

No it isn't disappointing. It shoots faster and has double mag capacity in exchange of a slower reload speed.

The best part though: Rivens are twice as strong on the aklex P. Mine has a crit multiplier above 7 and extra 250 dmg. It's insane.

It has half the accuracy and double the recoil. If you don't sacrifice a damage mod for Steady Hands you won't be able to take advantage of the fire rate increase (which isn't very significant to begin with).

The doubled magazine is pretty great but I seriously shouldn't have to question whether an upgrade is worse than its constituent parts.

5 hours ago, Jabarto said:

It has half the accuracy and double the recoil. If you don't sacrifice a damage mod for Steady Hands you won't be able to take advantage of the fire rate increase (which isn't very significant to begin with).

The doubled magazine is pretty great but I seriously shouldn't have to question whether an upgrade is worse than its constituent parts.

Ahem, a few things, the recoil only appears to be higher if you try to take advantage of its higher fire rate. Slap all fire rate mods on the regular lex and you will experience the same recoil. What`s the higher fire rate good for then, you might ask: The higher fire rate is great for stripping armor, notice how it has a great base status chance? 

Once you`ve fired 3-4 quick bullets you can headshot for the kill, that's what it`s meant to be good at.

Half the accuracy? lol please. It always fires where i aim. It`s cool you want to justify not having the weapon but it's an upgrade, specially with a riven.

Edited by (PS4)cdzbrbr

17 hours ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

Ahem, a few things, the recoil only appears to be higher if you try to take advantage of its higher fire rate. Slap all fire rate mods on the regular lex and you will experience the same recoil. What`s the higher fire rate good for then, you might ask: The higher fire rate is great for stripping armor, notice how it has a great base status chance? 

Once you`ve fired 3-4 quick bullets you can headshot for the kill, that's what it`s meant to be good at.

Half the accuracy? lol please. It always fires where i aim. It`s cool you want to justify not having the weapon but it's an upgrade, specially with a riven.

Oh lordy lordy, let me take this one sentence at a time:

1. "The Aklex Prime is better because it shoots faster! Wait why are you trying to take advantage of the fact that it shoots faster?"

2. No, you won't, the Aklex Prime kicks higher than the Lex Prime does. Fire even one shot with each and you'll immediately notice the difference.

3. There are way better weapons for this (Akstiletto Prime says 'hi'). Aklex Prime has decent status but it's far too slow to be a good status weapon. That and it has some of the best crit stats in the game so building it for status is wasting its potential.

4. This is the only sentence in the entire post that isn't demonstrably false, so good job I guess?

5/6. Read the stat card, it's right there, hanging pink and naked in the wind.

7. I have 6 forma in my Aklex Prime. You gotta be careful with assumptions like that because they make you look really stupid if you're wrong about them.

14 hours ago, Jabarto said:

2. No, you won't, the Aklex Prime kicks higher than the Lex Prime does. Fire even one shot with each and you'll immediately notice the difference.

I agree with this. Even with a higher fire rate on my regular Lex Prime, the kick was nowhere near my Aklex Prime. It was so noticeable and jarring I did not actively level the gun but let it passively level up until I was lucky enough to score a Riven with stats I like. Critical chance, puncture damage, and much needed reduced recoil. Now its recoil is in line with a base speed Lex Prime but still with a better firing rate and basically 100% critical chance. Happy as a lamb but it took a Riven to fix that 'cause of modding space.

Edited by (PS4)FunyFlyBoy

15 hours ago, Jabarto said:

Oh lordy lordy, let me take this one sentence at a time:

1. "The Aklex Prime is better because it shoots faster! Wait why are you trying to take advantage of the fact that it shoots faster?"

I explained why; Good for stripping armor. Sniping heads will still be a slower process in itself, recoil won't be an issue, it's not an automatic weapon. 

I'ts barely any different if you are shooting both at the same speed. You use the single variant to snipe heads, right? The aklex is capable of that AND fast body shooting.

3. There are way better weapons for this (Akstiletto Prime says 'hi'). Aklex Prime has decent status but it's far too slow to be a good status weapon. That and it has some of the best crit stats in the game so building it for status is wasting its potential.

You don't need to turn yellow bar into red with the aklex. Proportionally, an akstietto needs to remove far more armor. You talk like building for status makes the build entirely different, lol. You just swap 2 90s for 2 dual stats, as simple as that. Things will still get one hit killed.

4. This is the only sentence in the entire post that isn't demonstrably false, so good job I guess?

Hey, feel free to neglect status chance.

5/6. Read the stat card, it's right there, hanging pink and naked in the wind.

I thought we all agreed that those numbers don't mean S#&$, like, seriously. I am not saying they are the very same, but if you aim to the head, it will  still hit that head.

7. I have 6 forma in my Aklex Prime. You gotta be careful with assumptions like that because they make you look really stupid if you're wrong about them.

Good thing I don't think i look stupid. You gave me reason to assume as much. If I'm wrong, that's ok, it's not like i was disarming a bomb and chose the wrong wire.

edit: I think we both really missed the point; you defended your pov and i defended mine. All fair. I just didn't feel like leaving TC with just one opinion, cause I perceive the aklex as an unquestionable upgrade. Didn't feel 'fair' to have just disappointing as an opinion.

Edited by (PS4)cdzbrbr