Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

most mods in the game are completly useless

yarash2110

most mods in the game either need a massive buff to ever be used, or their stats are too odd to ever work. i'l give a few examples,

let's take a look at channeling mods! 

there are 15 channeling mods in the game, 5 of them are useful, and very arguably so (i included no downsides channeling effiency and damage)

in general, there are so many mods that have no use at all, anti toxin, aviator, provoked.

we have tons of mods that just cluster up our modding sections, mods that either need to be buffed, or completly removed from the game, because at this point they are not seeing any use and they mess up the game's organisation and just confuse new players.

They are there to serve as choices for players to chose from. Also they add to the overall amount of content the game has.

Else the games will just need that few mods, weapons or frames since many are not favored or used, and it will gave an impression that this game has not much content.

1 minute ago, kyori said:

They are there to serve as choices for players to chose from. Also they add to the overall amount of content the game has.

Else the games will just need that few mods, weapons or frames since many are not favored or used, and it will gave an impression that this game has not much content.

Technically, the game is there already. We can ignore the boatloads of mods and just pick the useful ones.

I mean, there's already a pattern for weapons:

Raw damage mods > multishot > crit mods (if applicable) > Elementals > fire rate > Reload speed

There are only a few exceptions to this rule. Not modding as such would render your loadout "impractical" or "suboptimal." An example is Soma Prime. Who even mods for that guns status chance?

Warframe resist mods are situational. I mean, I could just put in power-enhancing mods (intensify) or raw survival mods (redirection) over shield regen or damage resist to a SINGLE element.

I'm not saying that players don't have a choice. I'm saying that their choices are being redirected to the "meta" mods. These rarely used mods should be buffed TBH.

30 minutes ago, kyori said:

DE could easily cut down on mods and still have plenty of content. I actually agree with the OP, a lot of mods tend to be pretty useless/ could be combined to cut down the visual vomit. Instead of specific elemental damage resistances that take up like 5 slots, just roll them all into one mod that dampens elemental damage. Heavy Landing, and by extent Rhino's passive, could use a serious range buff, weapon swap speed mods are a band-aid that just needs to be removed and the problem under needs to be fixed, some of the Aura mods we have need to be looked at or removed (Looking at you Deadeye or whatever the Sniper aura is called) There's like 4 different Auras just for ammo or something like that, instead why not just increase overall ammo gain? As I continue to replay a lot of the stuff I had already done on PS4 on PC the faults of the game become even more obvious, like DE is starting to forget what they actually want to do with the game and all those things I called bandages before and even said wouldn't work in the long run are starting to come to the light, like a teddy bear you've had for so long it's more stitches and patches than original teddy.

10 minutes ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

You forgot ammo. Honestly it's all dependent on the stats of a weapon, but a bigger magazine is also nice.

Yes, weapon-dependent (e.g. Opticor-fire rate, Soma-crit, Lacera-status). Alas, there is still no room for these "nice" mods, due to them being inferior in almost every way.

Example being Rifle Aptitude versus Malignant Force. I mean, who even uses rifle aptitude? Maybe a player can use it as an initial status buffer, but once he gets a 60/60 it's all over for that mod.

30 minutes ago, blackheartstar_pc said:

There are a few that need buffed for sure but I see none that need to be removed. They all have a use even if some of there stats make them ineffective.

will anyone ever use a mod that has 20%+ armor while channeling but 80%- channeling effiency? some mods are just bad at the core, but a lot of mods need massive buffs

4 hours ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

You forgot ammo. Honestly it's all dependent on the stats of a weapon, but a bigger magazine is also nice.

Not with such amazing mods that give you a whopping 30% increase. Hell, not even a Primed version would really be worth much.

Still don't get why they can't be 90% for the regular one and 165% for the primed one.

4 hours ago, p3z1 said:

Yes, weapon-dependent (e.g. Opticor-fire rate, Soma-crit, Lacera-status). Alas, there is still no room for these "nice" mods, due to them being inferior in almost every way.

Example being Rifle Aptitude versus Malignant Force. I mean, who even uses rifle aptitude? Maybe a player can use it as an initial status buffer, but once he gets a 60/60 it's all over for that mod.

I agree, Rifle Aplitude is only useful for when you don't have the dual stat mods. It could definitely use a buff, since it's still very much useful to beginners and in certain physical proc builds. I really do agree, there are a lot of band-aid mods that should be taken out and quite a few that need to be buffed or combined to actually be useful, like all the resistance mods. Even at max rank they do less than Rapid Resilience, which is better simply because it reduces all procs down to about a second or less. They'd see more use if combined into one that reduces all elemental damage taken while keeping procs the same length. Then there'd be some choice as to what to take, since some frames do benefit from procs on themselves right now. It could be argued too that they could just be removed if DE took off all the band-aids and fixed the sources of the issues, like elemental resistances as passives for elemental frames.

Most of the channeling mods definitely need look at, as the cost isn't worth it for what you get in return.   Aside from a few of them I can see a use for anyway.   There are a few others, ie pure status chance mods that really need looked at as well.

But the so called band-aid mod band wagon.....    Swap speed mods are great.    Funny that players call them a band-aid.   Healing, Energy, Damage Increase, Armor Stripping, Shield Reduction, etc that all other Aura's do, so many Weapons, Frame Powers, Arcanes and Equipment also do those things.   But only 2 mods help with overall swap speed.     Unsure about the 3 for specific weapon categories, don't have them to test, so those mods viability I don't know.  Now, if players choose not to use them, their call.    But on most frames, with other things taking care of all the Aura options, Swap speed is a damn good mod.   Band-aid?   Hardly.   Resistance mods are band-aid mods?   Again, how many times do we see squishy frames going into infested missions with no health but super strong powers.    Then after a while, you revive them, they complain about Toxic's, you revive them, they complain about toxics....    They are not band-aids, they are survival mods.    Stack a Resistance mod with Rapid Resilience and its a nice buff to a frames survivabilty in bad situations.  Its choice whether to use it or not.   Again, hardly a band-aid.     

1 hour ago, _Vortus_ said:

Swap speed mods are great.    Funny that players call them a band-aid.

Because they are. There is a dissonance between how slow all weapons swap no matter what size and the fast paced combat this game is known for. It shouldn't take an hour to swap from something like the Staticor to a Lex Prime or to pull up a Skana. Small and medium sized weapons should be out instantly, with bigger weapons taking longer to bring out.

25 minutes ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Because they are. There is a dissonance between how slow all weapons swap no matter what size and the fast paced combat this game is known for. It shouldn't take an hour to swap from something like the Staticor to a Lex Prime or to pull up a Skana. Small and medium sized weapons should be out instantly, with bigger weapons taking longer to bring out.

While I can see weapons being given a weight and size value, increasing or decreasing a base swap time for a weapon class.   The current time would be the base time, and modified slightly accordingly.  None should be instant.  Ever.  

2 minutes ago, _Vortus_ said:

While I can see weapons being given a weight and size value, increasing or decreasing a base swap time for a weapon class.   The current time would be the base time, and modified slightly accordingly.  None should be instant.  Ever.  

and why not? 

if it was instant the game would be more enjoyable and different strategies would be more viable, like actual coordination between your primary and secondery weapons.

so do you have a reason for your "NEVER" besides for the fact that you don't feel like it?

1 minute ago, yarash2110 said:

and why not? 

if it was instant the game would be more enjoyable and different strategies would be more viable, like actual coordination between your primary and secondery weapons.

so do you have a reason for your "NEVER" besides for the fact that you don't feel like it?

I have coordination now.   Why would I need that change?  See, we made a choice when designing our loadout.   Making it instant only hits the easy button on a game that has already been getting lower and lower levels of play.    Small things that make it more interesting, more challenging are about all thats left in the game due to the nerf herd bleating constantly about things being op, things taking to long, things that hinder them in any way is bad.   That short time of swapping has to be accounted for while playing.   Like reloading a weapon with a long reload.   Like the animation when using a power.   All things you have to account for.     Until they are removed, and easy mode is engaged.

9 hours ago, yarash2110 said:

most mods in the game either need a massive buff to ever be used, or their stats are too odd to ever work. i'l give a few examples,

let's take a look at channeling mods! 

there are 15 channeling mods in the game, 5 of them are useful, and very arguably so (i included no downsides channeling effiency and damage)

in general, there are so many mods that have no use at all, anti toxin, aviator, provoked.

we have tons of mods that just cluster up our modding sections, mods that either need to be buffed, or completly removed from the game, because at this point they are not seeing any use and they mess up the game's organisation and just confuse new players.

So what you are actually saying is that a bunch of mods should be nerfed, then enemies adjusted down a bit, hence gaining better overall balance.

... because if what you are saying is "buff all the other mods" then DE then has to scale enemies UP to compensate, and then beginning players get obliterated even more.

27 minutes ago, DSpite said:

So what you are actually saying is that a bunch of mods should be nerfed, then enemies adjusted down a bit, hence gaining better overall balance.

... because if what you are saying is "buff all the other mods" then DE then has to scale enemies UP to compensate, and then beginning players get obliterated even more.

your logic is completly out of my reach.

i suggest buffing mods that no one uses, so that people will actually use them, and you infer from that that i want to buff all enemies in the game? what?

i suggest buffing useless mods to the level of current mods, i am not suggesting buffing mods to the extreme.

i honestly don't understand how you reached your conclusion

44 minutes ago, _Vortus_ said:

I have coordination now.   Why would I need that change?  See, we made a choice when designing our loadout.   Making it instant only hits the easy button on a game that has already been getting lower and lower levels of play.    Small things that make it more interesting, more challenging are about all thats left in the game due to the nerf herd bleating constantly about things being op, things taking to long, things that hinder them in any way is bad.   That short time of swapping has to be accounted for while playing.   Like reloading a weapon with a long reload.   Like the animation when using a power.   All things you have to account for.     Until they are removed, and easy mode is engaged.

i have never had a problem while in a battle, needing to reload. and you know what? i would rather switch weapons instead of reloading, makes for more interesting gameplay, so that instead of using whatever the current OP AOE weapon is (ignis wraith tonkor synoid simulor) players will perhaps switch to their seconderies to take out a capture target because it's faster, or they will try to focus a distant enemy with a sniper secondery, the current way it works, most players use one weapon for most of the mission if not all of it, switching weapons faster does not make the game easier, it makes it more fun.

the game would also be more "difficult" if abilities had 5 minutes of cooldown and 1 minute reload for every weapon, but that's crossing the line between difficult in a fun way and just annoying the player.

slow weapon switch discourages the creation of synergies between weapons, makes players use only one weapon for entire missions, makes the game more boring and slow, and does not make it any more difficult.

54 minutes ago, yarash2110 said:

i have never had a problem while in a battle, needing to reload. and you know what? i would rather switch weapons instead of reloading, makes for more interesting gameplay, so that instead of using whatever the current OP AOE weapon is (ignis wraith tonkor synoid simulor) players will perhaps switch to their seconderies to take out a capture target because it's faster, or they will try to focus a distant enemy with a sniper secondery, the current way it works, most players use one weapon for most of the mission if not all of it, switching weapons faster does not make the game easier, it makes it more fun.

the game would also be more "difficult" if abilities had 5 minutes of cooldown and 1 minute reload for every weapon, but that's crossing the line between difficult in a fun way and just annoying the player.

slow weapon switch discourages the creation of synergies between weapons, makes players use only one weapon for entire missions, makes the game more boring and slow, and does not make it any more difficult.

So, even though some weapons reload slower than we switch weapons, but you don't have problems with that.    But do have problems with the switch time.   Ok.     As to weapon choices, people can play what they want to play.  Loadout and how they set it up is all on them.

Hey, while we are being facetious, why don't we add in limited storage space on Ordis for everything in the game.  So a player has to pick and choose resources and junk primes as well to fit into the storage area.    And add in maintenance and wear and tear on all our gear.   So you have to pay for repairs or it starts to malfunction and drop off till it no longer works if not taken care of.     No, that would be to much and make the game to difficult for bunch of reasons.  

Slow weapon switches is a players choice.   The player picked other mods over speeding up the weapon swap.   Whatever it is, they picked it so its solely on them.    

Some mods are actually absolutelly useless. Most people just use them to get more endo. Or begginers will use them in some crazy builds.

What I think is more problematic is the case of some synd augments that are absolutely garbage, and a players still has to spend synd points to get them. Those should be changed to make them interesting for everybody.