Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

most mods in the game are completly useless

yarash2110

29 minutes ago, blackheartstar_pc said:

or use parkour mods to increase your agility and dodge them. Kela only gave me problems the first few times. After that you see the patterns and should be able to do it without going down once. I enjoy her boss battle because to me it seems built around a traditional 3rd person action game phase based fight. Once you know her patterns she is easy as cake.

How am I arguing against myself? I didn't say you wanted the game to be easier I said you wanted to remove content and choice/modifiable options. Which you do. Swap speed is good as it is and if you want it quicker the tools are there for you to make that happen. If you feel the current mods don't increase the speed to your liking then ask for them to be buffed again not removed.

I swap back and forth between my primary and full on melee multiple times per run with no issue but rarely use my secondary. It has nothing to do with swap speed and a faster/instant swap speed would not encourage me to use my secondary more often. The only thing that would do that is fully running out of ammo on my primary more often as that currently hardly ever happens. On the other hand though if DE went crazy and decided that not enough people use their secondaries and changed it so that primaries had less ammo I'd probably just use one or more of the many ammo drop mods to compensate.

If you didn't invent arguments to fight against you wouldn't need to explain my own argument in your comments, "you wanted to remove content and choice" no i didn't, and you wouldn't need to explain my own argument if you were actually arguing against my original argument, just like you did with your previous comment, "

He sees how useful it could be but just doesn't want to give up a mod slot to take advantage of it" 

You are literally dedicating your entire comment to redefine my argument to whatever you feel like.

"All you want is for the game to be slower because your reaction time just isn't as fast as other players so you want the game to be as slow as you"

Probably your argument if you were on my side.

3 hours ago, Vance.Stubbs said:

2) DE do this intentionally to create fake diversity and flood drop tables with useless crap to make us grind more for actually good mods.

And let's not forget that those good mods have a .0005% chance at dropping on top of a 25% chance of even dropping from the enemy droptable at all. And that enemy only appears once one a certain tileset. Looking at you Battalyst. That's just an example, but yea the RNG is really bad and the boosters are locked behind IRL money.

9 hours ago, _Vortus_ said:

lol and I do not agree with your explanation.   Synergy is based on how a player sets up his load-out.   The options are there, if they fail to use them, its on them.   Just because you fail to see how useful it is doesn't mean that it isn't useful.   As to it being ridiculous, I disagree.    Want energy, use siphon/arcanes/syndicate weapons/rage/pizza's/powers, or all of those are bandaids as well and energy should be free and endless for all to use at will maybe?    No different than weapon swaps.   You have a choice to make.  

Except there is a difference. Every other 3rd person shooter has a standard weapon swap speed, Warframe is one of the only ones I can think of that doesn't follow convention, especially given that we are incredibly powerful killing machines. Again, it shouldn't take a machine an hour to pull a sword out when I can personally do it in a few seconds. It disrupts the whole flow of the game, like switching between day and night for Equinox. It takes too long and isn't incentivized.

5 hours ago, (PS4)ExetSM said:

You can't have it all, you chose your play style and build thereafter.

That's the whole point of this. Warframe lets you choose your style, but slow weapon swap speed removes the entire point of even bringing 3 weapons when you can just bring something you can reload fast and destroy the entire map with, i.e any Soma with a riven mod

3 hours ago, mplokijuhygtfrdeszqa said:

... This make sense if you consider you shouldn't swap weapon. This is warframe, man : you carry a weapon and a mastery fodder. Why would you swap to a mastery fodder?

Because not all weapons are mastery fodder? Mastery fodder to me are the things that are literally so weak you're better off tickling enemies to death, like the Cycron, or the Stratavar at release. Even the Mk1 Braton isn't mastery fodder because it can get you through the first 5 planets almost no problem.

4 hours ago, yarash2110 said:

If you didn't invent arguments to fight against you wouldn't need to explain my own argument in your comments, "you wanted to remove content and choice" no i didn't, and you wouldn't need to explain my own argument if you were actually arguing against my original argument, just like you did with your previous comment, "

He sees how useful it could be but just doesn't want to give up a mod slot to take advantage of it" 

You are literally dedicating your entire comment to redefine my argument to whatever you feel like.

"All you want is for the game to be slower because your reaction time just isn't as fast as other players so you want the game to be as slow as you"

Probably your argument if you were on my side.

No, my argument is that I disagree with what you want changed and enjoy the system we have currently.

2 hours ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Considering you can get most weapons reload down to 1.0 or less swapping weapons is not faster. And I do really mean most weapons in the game

Yes you can get them down there no doubt about that. In the context of what we're arguing above wouldn't using a reload speed mod or more to achieve that be just as bad as using the swap speed mods to achieve a quicker switch out? Both are mods to get back to shooting/slashing faster.

Edited by blackheartstar_pc

5 hours ago, Casval_Rouge said:

This is actually a serious problem that DE have ignored for years now.  Rifle Aptitude used to be 15% stun chance, but since that effect was replaced by Damage 2.0 status effects, this series of mods were replaced with status chance.  HOWEVER, instead of literally taking 0.1 sec of time to think whether the numbers of these mods needed to be tweaked, DE just released it as is.  This is a prime example of DE literally do not put in any real effort into balancing their products.  They just don't bother.  Back then some of us actually joked about how DE would just release it with the same numbers, unbelievable that they actually did.

But point is, forget about asking DE for balancing pass, it took them nearly 3 years to buff Silva and Aegis when soon after the weapons introduction DE has acknowledged the weapon might needed a look at.  And even after the buffs, the weapon is still too weak.   

I've already talked about the nonsensical balance standards Warframe has since the first month of closed beta, how many years have past since?  Yeah, just forget about any of this.

+1

6 hours ago, blackheartstar_pc said:

Yes you can get them down there no doubt about that. In the context of what we're arguing above wouldn't using a reload speed mod or more to achieve that be just as bad as using the swap speed mods to achieve a quicker switch out? Both are mods to get back to shooting/slashing faster.

Except weapon swap speed mods, or more like mod, since there is only the aura mod and Toxin Chroma, don't do anything of any significance. Plus reload speed mods always have a space in every build, the swap speed aura does not because there are better choices for auras.

2 hours ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Except weapon swap speed mods, or more like mod, since there is only the aura mod and Toxin Chroma, don't do anything of any significance. Plus reload speed mods always have a space in every build, the swap speed aura does not because there are better choices for auras.

Only one? Seems like there is at least one per non melee weapon type and at least two for Warframes. Speed Holster is the Aura, then Streamlined Form as a Exilus. Then Twitch does it for Rifles, Soft hands for Shotguns, and Reflex Draw for secondaries. Heck there maybe more I just don't have yet.

9 hours ago, mplokijuhygtfrdeszqa said:

lOh yes, a boltor with 11.5% status chance is far more fun than an unmodded boltor.

... Oh wait; you won't see any difference when using it.

Yes, it makes not that much difference if you are just going for the DPS/EFFICIENT way. If you are using the Status to keep the enemies in a state of lock instead of killing them so that others come....Status makes more sense Especially if you are using Healing Return. You do not have to kill everything in the game to have a challenge. Lemme guess....you have never done a No Kill Survival for 30 minutes or more besides as a Riven challenge?  It is up to the player to think outside the box unless all you want to do is kill...then seems the programming has worked.

9 hours ago, Vance.Stubbs said:

Please list your builds using said mods that are actually Kuva Flood\Sortie\Trial viable. 

The build i use does not matter as when i created it, it worked for me. And just so you know....i do not have any FORMA on my Frames I took in for SORTIES or Trials. Just the regular version...and we made it out ALIVE. I do not play for the "ENDGAME" but to enjoy the game.

The Mods I used were Tactical Reload, Eject Magazine, and Speed Holster. Did this back when the Holster mods were given out in CONCLAVE IIRC. It was a fun thing to do that I am going to take for a run again with the new SUPRA VANDAL. I should have grabbed the KUNIA Augment from the Animo event. Using that with the Gunblade would have given a new meaning to the Gun/Blade run i could have run with. Anyone got one for trade on Xbox One?

On 5/23/2017 at 5:58 AM, yarash2110 said:

in general, there are so many mods that have no use at all, anti toxin, aviator, provoked.

Um.... No...

Antitoxin gets slotted on my Inaros build when doing infested sorites because I can combine it with Handspring, Rapid Resilience, Constitution, Vitality, Steel Fiber, and Armored Agility to basically ignore all environmental and tether effects and chew through the infested.

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)DShinShoryuken said:

Yes, it makes not that much difference if you are just going for the DPS/EFFICIENT way.

So you intentionally handicap yourself... your choice, but don't pretend like it's a comparably viable choice.

If you are using the Status to keep the enemies in a state of lock instead of killing them so that others come....Status makes more sense Especially if you are using Healing Return.

If you use status for healing return, you might as well go straight to the actually useful ones that give you 4x the increase in status in addition to 60% additional damage.

you have never done a No Kill Survival for 30 minutes or more besides as a Riven challenge?

Crates and lockers only get you so far and the support from the Lotus won't keep you going indefinitely. Mind posting evidence that you have done that kind of challenge?

43 minutes ago, Tyrian3k said:

So you intentionally handicap yourself... your choice, but don't pretend like it's a comparably viable choice.

If you use status for healing return, you might as well go straight to the actually useful ones that give you 4x the increase in status in addition to 60% additional damage.

Crates and lockers only get you so far and the support from the Lotus won't keep you going indefinitely. Mind posting evidence that you have done that kind of challenge?

Its a video game. It is not a life choice or a job. Everything is Viable choice if you are having fun, allowing others to have fun and participate, and find something that makes the time pass that does not bore you to tears. Whether you go full out OP style or give yourself a handicap...you are still playing the same game.

It is an example. I shoot the body and feet of enemies to make them last longer than headshotting. I do Blast damage to see how many Floor Finishers i can get.

Ivara.....Ivara the level. Have you NOT tried this yet?

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DShinShoryuken said:

Its a video game. It is not a life choice or a job. Everything is Viable choice if you are having fun, allowing others to have fun and participate, and find something that makes the time pass that does not bore you to tears. Whether you go full out OP style or give yourself a handicap...you are still playing the same game.

It is an example. I shoot the body and feet of enemies to make them last longer than headshotting. I do Blast damage to see how many Floor Finishers i can get.

Ivara.....Ivara the level. Have you NOT tried this yet?

And what is the purpose of a mod that has no viable application over another mod that does the same, but better? You can always keep handicapping yourself by not using a mod in that slot at all or by using a bad weapon. Your ability to keep your playstyle isn't dependent on bad mods existing.

And I hadn't considered Ivara for that. Sounds pretty boring, though.

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)DShinShoryuken said:

Whether you go full out OP style or give yourself a handicap...you are still playing the same game.

Something a lot of people miss is that modding for something other than unnecessarily high dps isn't a handicap. Not sure why the forums think you need "optimal" damage builds for everything at all times but it's a toxic concept to be passing on to newer or more gullible players. It's right up there with the idea that only a few weapons are "viable" when every weapon I've dropped 4-8 forma into (around 40 per weapon category) work just fine in sorties and survivals not going past an hour.

3 hours ago, blackheartstar_pc said:

Something a lot of people miss is that modding for something other than unnecessarily high dps isn't a handicap. Not sure why the forums think you need "optimal" damage builds for everything at all times but it's a toxic concept to be passing on to newer or more gullible players. It's right up there with the idea that only a few weapons are "viable" when every weapon I've dropped 4-8 forma into (around 40 per weapon category) work just fine in sorties and survivals not going past an hour.

For the sake of argument, can you give some examples of why would you NOT want to go for max DPS?

12 hours ago, (Xbox One)DShinShoryuken said:

Yes, it makes not that much difference if you are just going for the DPS/EFFICIENT way. If you are using the Status to keep the enemies in a state of lock instead of killing them so that others come....Status makes more sense Especially if you are using Healing Return. You do not have to kill everything in the game to have a challenge. Lemme guess....you have never done a No Kill Survival for 30 minutes or more besides as a Riven challenge?  It is up to the player to think outside the box unless all you want to do is kill...then seems the programming has worked.

10% vs 11.5% status.

Either you're not a human being, either you're lying. No human being will ever notice any difference between an event arising 10% of the time and an event arising 11.5% of the time. Therefore, no human being will ever see any difference between 10% status and 11.5% status.

Even if you're not a human being, pretending a boltor with 11.5% status can do more a unmodded boltor, is pure bullsh*t. If you're able to do a no kill survival with riffle aptitude, you're able to do it without the mod. Your whole text is pure bullsh*t. Bullsh*t with a lot of wrong assertions about how i play.

6 hours ago, (Xbox One)DShinShoryuken said:

Everything is Viable choice if you are having fun

Again, either you're not a human being, either you're lying. No human being will ever notice any difference between an event arising 10% of the time and an event arising 11.5% of the time. Therefore, no human being will ever have more fun with a 11.5% status boltor than with an unmodded boltor.

I have a serious question: have you ever been to school? Do you understand what a 10% probability and a 11.5% probability represent, and how a human being will perceive those probabilities? Or are you just randomly typing wall of text about a subject you can't understand?

4 hours ago, blackheartstar_pc said:

Something a lot of people miss is that modding for something other than unnecessarily high dps isn't a handicap. Not sure why the forums think you need "optimal" damage builds for everything at all times but it's a toxic concept to be passing on to newer or more gullible players.

You are toxic to new players.

Pretending Riffle aptitude has any use is a lie. Lying to new or gullible players is toxic. There isn't anything more toxic than lying to new or gullible players. There isn't any attitude more toxic than yours in any game.

Seriously. Don't insult new players' intelligence. Explain them how the game works and let them make their own choice; don't pretend useless stuff like riffle aptitude has any use, don't pretend it gives 17.3% more fun. Just say "riffle aptitude is useless, be it in term of game affect (you'll always find a better mod for what you want to do) or in term of fun (ad a human being you'll never notice the effect of riffle aptitude)" and let them decide if they want to use it or not.

Edited by mplokijuhygtfrdeszqa

4 hours ago, blackheartstar_pc said:

I'm still curious about this line of thought.

Could you please clarify why any new player or vet would ever want to mod for +15% status with 9 drain against 60% status with 7 drain?

If that is what you are suggesting... I don't see how that would actually add anything into your gaming experience.

29 minutes ago, mplokijuhygtfrdeszqa said:

Pretending Riffle aptitude has any use is a lie. Lying to new or gullible players is toxic. There isn't anything more toxic than lying to new or gullible players. There isn't any attitude more toxic than yours in any game.

Seriously. Don't insult new players' intelligence. Explain them how the game works and let them make their own choice; don't pretend useless stuff like riffle aptitude has any use, don't pretend it gives 17.3% more fun. Just say "riffle aptitude is useless, be it in term of game affect (you'll always find a better mod for what you want to do) or in term of fun (ad a human being you'll never notice the effect of riffle aptitude)" and let them decide if they want to use it or not.

That's also a strong case for why bad mods SHOULD exist.  It gets into some of the CCG game theory and giving the player an opportunity to make a bad decision, and helping them acquire the skill NOT to make that bad decision.  That's why things that initially look good yet aren't long term are critical so players learn NOT to use said thing.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)HSomDevil said:

I'm still curious about this line of thought.

Could you please clarify why any new player or vet would ever want to mod for +15% status with 9 drain against 60% status with 7 drain?

If that is what you are suggesting... I don't see how that would actually add anything into your gaming experience.

I suspect they're being more general rather than specifically talking about the +15% status mod.

2 hours ago, mplokijuhygtfrdeszqa said:

10% vs 11.5% status.

Either you're not a human being, either you're lying. No human being will ever notice any difference between an event arising 10% of the time and an event arising 11.5% of the time. Therefore, no human being will ever see any difference between 10% status and 11.5% status.

Even if you're not a human being, pretending a boltor with 11.5% status can do more a unmodded boltor, is pure bullsh*t. If you're able to do a no kill survival with riffle aptitude, you're able to do it without the mod. Your whole text is pure bullsh*t. Bullsh*t with a lot of wrong assertions about how i play.

Again, either you're not a human being, either you're lying. No human being will ever notice any difference between an event arising 10% of the time and an event arising 11.5% of the time. Therefore, no human being will ever have more fun with a 11.5% status boltor than with an unmodded boltor.

I have a serious question: have you ever been to school? Do you understand what a 10% probability and a 11.5% probability represent, and how a human being will perceive those probabilities? Or are you just randomly typing wall of text about a subject you can't understand?

?????

Not a human or lying if i decide to use a mod you think is worthless?

I think people that buy diamonds for thousands are silly but that is their choice but i do not think they are not a human being.

Would you rather get a pay raise each day of 10% or 11.5%? I would take and see the difference the 11.5% would give me each day over the 10% someone else chose.

New players or vets all have choices in the game. They do not HAVE to use everything. They can do what they want. If they decide they want to use something you see as useless, are you are going to take the game away from them for that choice? If DE sees it as useless and removes it, then that is another thing.

Maybe i am not a human as most humans seem to just want more power. That has not been my way. That just may be your way. Enjoy your craving power and I will enjoy my fun. The 2 shall never twine and life will continue.

This thread reminds me of another where the guy was moaning that Hush builds aren't viable kek.  Saying he should be able to put hush on any weapon and not suffer statistically - I couldn't even. 

Like dude - not everybody mods the same, some people do get use out of those lesser mods, especially people who are building up their collections and don't have access to most mods yet  - but at some point they're obviously not gonna hold up against others.  That's just the nature of things.

2 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

I suspect they're being more general rather than specifically talking about the +15% status mod.

I know, I was merely offering an example.

There are plenty of others, like choosing H.Cal over Serration or to put +max ammo/-zoom riven on Soma over +crit change/crit dmg.

Each to their own of course, but I just don't understand how this is a "toxic concept".

5 hours ago, mplokijuhygtfrdeszqa said:

Not sure what you are going on here about. I never once said Rifle Aptitude was good. In fact back towards the beginning of this thread I said there were mods that needed to be buffed and that is one of them I was referring to, so yeah.