The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe lategame idea's & wishes.

omegaperfekt

1 minute ago, crysed said:

So in other words, DE shouldn't release harder content because of a bunch of whiney people, who probably will be to bad to take this content on and rather prefer oneshotting everything on the screen with a use of a single ability.

Yeah, sounds about right, not.

Actually, it's not that they shouldn't release harder content, it's that they can't because no content in the game can be made difficult due to how cheesing exists, and the removal of cheese would require a large overhaul of the damage and ability system, which would be incredibly controversial, probably even moreso than The Vacuum Within.

Just now, Heckzu said:

Actually, it's not that they shouldn't release harder content, it's that they can't because no content in the game can be made difficult due to how cheesing exists, and the removal of cheese would require a large overhaul of the damage and ability system, which would be incredibly controversial, probably even moreso than The Vacuum Within.

That is why i mentioned reworking game mechanics. I think they should have taken this route long ago and it feels like they actually had no real long term plan of how the endgame could or should look. 

9 hours ago, Heckzu said:

Not necessarily, tossing in chaging conditions, and chaing missions types should prevent all but cc locking. Witch can be fixed with a timer.

The Tower

Within the tower you have floors. Each floor is progressively harder, and to get to the next floor you need to do 10 unknown missions.

You will not be able to change loadouts till you reach a floor. So plan ahead.

Floor 1 will start a sortie condition that you will be able to plan for.

As well you will know the faction heading in

Floor 2 will have a random nightmare you will know ahead of time.

As well you will know the faction heading in, and the faction that it will change into.

Floor 3 will have a sortie condition + a random nightmare you can't plan for

Here though you don't know the faction that will show up.

Floor 4 will have a sortie condition + a new nightmare midfielder per mission

Here the faction will change once, but you don't know earther factions

Floor 5+ will have a sortie condition + a new nightmare modifier per mission

The faction you facing how ever will change per mission, and a for a few mission, within the same mission.

The only nightmare modifier that will be removed is the timer, as it will always be on.

(My original idea didn't have a way to gain time back, but i think that works better.)

nightmare modifiers that will be added, or at least some of them to prevent the game mod from gett stile

Overflowing -> increased spawn

Pulses -> every 30 seconds a healing pulse will heal all enemies for 33% of there hp

Bubbles -> enemies will spawn with an over shield = 100*floor level

Blasters -> normal enemies will all get there damage boosted

A badass -> after the mission is completed a boss will spawn, blocking your exit  (timer finishes with the objective being complete)

The pack -> there will be three spawns of special groups (4-8) within factions, not assassins just things like Manics, or bursa.

The real problem -> 2 factions will be working together to take the teno down (or for the infested/orkian there mind controling the other faction)

Hunted -> one of the assassins will hunt you, a spawn like normal, shadow stalker, stalker, zanuka hunter, grustrag three, or one of Shadow Stalker's acolytes.

Sonar -> all enemies will spawn with sonar cast on them. You will do no damage to enemies except where the sonar is or with head shoots.

Death list -> If any of the players are hated by a faction there is a 80% chance that faction will send a death squad. (Max 1 death squad per player)

Per floor you all of the 4 factions at least once. With a boss of a random faction to finish the floor off.

If you fail a mission you have to restart from the floor you were at previously. With a debuff that cannot stack, call retrial, that gives you 20% less points. (See below on points)

Some notes

There is a weekly reset where you will get your points, and start at the bottom and go up again.

As well you will only be able to change your reward type once a week.

The scaling should be floor 3 = level 3 sortie without knowing the faction and a nightmare modifier. A group of well organized people who pre plan, should get to floor 6. Beyond if you're better at the game.

The points are the reward system. There earned by how much time is left on the timer, as well as a secondary factor, hp left on defense target, o2 on survival extra.

What they can be spent on i have a few ideas

Kuva, based on how many you spend linarary, ie 200 kuva would give you 2000 kuva

Relics, relics for everything but the most recent primes/vaulted primes. This is to help not crash the market, but it may need more help to do that. Each relic would cost different amounts based on its rarity. Vaulted relics cost triple that of their normal amount.

The last is an increased chance on your next sortie to get X, based on its original %. Ie, 200 points spent on a riven will give you 33% chance to get a riven. (Assuming 11% drop on rivens)

There is the possibility of arcanes, but i don't know how to price them, so :/.

So what's the point of all this

The first and biggest one is to give us something to push against, without locking out anyone who's not that great yet.

As well this should prevent cheese with the changing factions, modifiers and the timer.

The only one i see surviving though the modifiers and changing factions is cc abuse, but the timer should prevent what happened in the raids.

Within the tower you have floors. Each floor is progressively harder, and to get to the next floor you need to do 10 unknown missions.

You will not be able to change loadouts till you reach a floor. So plan ahead.

Floor 1 will start a sortie condition that you will be able to plan for.

As well you will know the faction heading in

Floor 2 will have a random nightmare you will know ahead of time.

As well you will know the faction heading in, and the faction that it will change into.

Floor 3 will have a sortie condition + a random nightmare you can't plan for

Here though you don't know the faction that will show up.

Floor 4 will have a sortie condition + a new nightmare midfielder per mission

Here the faction will change once, but you don't know earther factions

Floor 5+ will have a sortie condition + a new nightmare modifier per mission

The faction you facing how ever will change per mission, and a for a few mission, within the same mission.

The only nightmare modifier that will be removed is the timer, as it will always be on.

(My original idea didn't have a way to gain time back, but i think that works better.)

nightmare modifiers that will be added, or at least some of them to prevent the game mod from gett stile

Overflowing -> increased spawn

Pulses -> every 30 seconds a healing pulse will heal all enemies for 33% of there hp

or factions that can have ancient healers have an imvressed spawn on them 

Bubbles -> enemies will spawn with an over shield = 100*floor level

Blasters -> normal enemies will all get there damage boosted

A badass -> after the mission is completed a boss will spawn, blocking your exit  (timer finishes with the objective being complete)

The pack -> there will be three spawns of special groups (4-8) within factions, not assassins just things like Manics, or bursa.

The real problem -> 2 factions will be working together to take the teno down (or for the infested/orkian there mind controling the other faction)

Hunted -> one of the assassins will hunt you, a spawn like normal, shadow stalker, stalker, zanuka hunter, grustrag three, or one of Shadow Stalker's acolytes.

Sonar -> all enemies will spawn with sonar cast on them. You will do no damage to enemies except where the sonar is or with head shoots.

Death list -> If any of the players are hated by a faction there is a 80% chance that faction will send a death squad. (Max 1 death squad per player)

Per floor you all of the 4 factions at least once. With a boss of a random faction to finish the floor off.

If you fail a mission you have to restart from the floor you were at previously. With a debuff that cannot stack, called retrial, that gives you 20% less points. (See below on points)

Some notes

There is a weekly reset where you will get your points, and start at the bottom and go up again.

As well you will only be able to change your reward type once a week.

The scaling should be floor 3 = level 3 sortie without knowing the faction and a nightmare modifier. A group of well organized people who pre plan, should get to floor 6. Beyond if you're better at the game.

The points are the reward system. There earned by how much time is left on the timer, as well as a secondary factor, hp left on defense target, o2 on survival extra.

What they can be spent on i have a few ideas

Kuva, based on how many you spend linarary, ie 200 kuva would give you 2000 kuva

Relics, relics for everything but the most recent primes/vaulted primes. This is to help not crash the market, but it may need more help to do that. Each relic would cost different amounts based on its rarity. Vaulted relics cost triple that of their normal amount.

The last is an increased chance on your next sortie to get X, based on its original %. Ie, 200 points spent on a riven will give you 33% chance to get a riven. (Assuming 11% drop on rivens)

There is the possibility of arcanes, but i don't know how to price them, so :/.

-edit-

The rewords dont matter so much, they were just a few ideas, sorry if that ocer took a large part of the post. 

So what's the point of all this

The first and biggest one is to give us something to push against, without locking out anyone who's not that great yet.

As well this should prevent cheese with the changing factions, modifiers and the timer.

The only one i see surviving though the modifiers and changing factions is cc abuse, but the timer should prevent what happened in the raids.

Edited by MindHoney

12 hours ago, AlphaTheFinalBalance said:

my idea of late game is staring down a level 1 grineer with my chroma to see how long it takes before he stops shooting point blank and ducks for cover as if this was a battle for the ages and slowly walk up to him where he is ducking for cover xD.

Chroma?! I haven't seen one since... no it couldn't be.