Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas for a Clan Dojo rework.

(PSN)zj0ker20

This is a list of Ideas regarding a potential Clan Dojo Rework/Update.  Contributions are encouraged!

Statues:  The current Dojo only lets you place statues of Grineer and Lech Kril.  Why not have statues of Corpus soldiers, Infested Ancients, and other bosses?  Also, the giant Loki statue in the Temple of Honor should be changeable.

Banner Physics:  There aren't any.  There should be.

Leaderboard:  The Dojo should have a place showing the ranking of clan members based on how much they donate to the clan, they're participation in clan events, and their overall score.

AI:  A fully built clan dojo is rather lonely.  There is almost never anyone there, so spawning into the Dojo is rather eerie.  The Relays have NPC's walking around, talking, and carrying out tasks. Why can't the Dojo's have some?

Trading:  Why can't the Dojo have access to merchants like Darvo?  Maybe a special room where he shows up occasionally?

New Rooms Ideas:

Library:  A place where the clan can store information.  Clan members can type up tips and tricks here for the rest of the clan.  Building a library decreases all research times in the clan Dojo.

Greenhouse:  After scanning enough of the plants found around the system, Tenno should be able to grow their own after completing all scans.

This is all I got so far.  Contributions encouraged!

34 minutes ago, (PS4)zj0ker20 said:

This is a list of Ideas regarding a potential Clan Dojo Rework/Update.  Contributions are encouraged!

Statues:  The current Dojo only lets you place statues of Grineer and Lech Kril.  Why not have statues of Corpus soldiers, Infested Ancients, and other bosses?  Also, the giant Loki statue in the Temple of Honor should be changeable.

Leaderboard:  The Dojo should have a place showing the ranking of clan members based on how much they donate to the clan, they're participation in clan events, and their overall score.

AI:  A fully built clan dojo is rather lonely.  There is almost never anyone there, so spawning into the Dojo is rather eerie.  The Relays have NPC's walking around, talking, and carrying out tasks. Why can't the Dojo's have some?

Trading:  Why can't the Dojo have access to merchants like Darvo?  Maybe a special room where he shows up occasionally?

New Rooms Ideas:

Library:  A place where the clan can store information.  Clan members can type up tips and tricks here for the rest of the clan.  Building a library decreases all research times in the clan Dojo.

Greenhouse:  After scanning enough of the plants found around the system, Tenno should be able to grow their own after completing all scans.

Statues: Very true, more statues would be great...it certainly does seem rather limited, considering.

Banner Physics: You leave my planks-I-mean-banners alone...:crylaugh:

Leaderboard: I feel this should really only be something for the clan leadership to see, a tool for clan management. I see infighting and nonsense if it's public.

AI: Sure, a staff to keep the place up while we're bathing walls elsewhere in blood isn't a bad idea. I wouldn't mind having a Cephalon for the dojo, perhaps even having Ordis link into it?

Trading: I'm okay with them being at the relays. We already can trade in our clans like we do at relays, I don't really see the need for the merchants, personally.

Library: Not sure how you would implement/regulate this sort of thing...I can quickly see this becoming more hassle than it's worth. Tell us more.

Greenhouse: I like the idea...but only if the plants are useful and not simply decorative (not that I'm bothered by decoration). But how often can you harvest these if this is the case?

A few things that I would love to be added to the dojo.

More Rooms 

1. Arch-Wing Lab - the archwing stuff being spread across three different labs is a pain and the Tenno Lab is getting a bit overstuffed. Just port all the arch-wing stuff over from the current labs and have said labs being built as part of the research criteria.

2. Arch-Wing Parkour Room - Like the standard parkour room, except focused on using arch-wing and perhaps even shark-wing to practice. Though the Shark-Wing part might just be an excuse to have one of those giant Uranus sharks you see in the distance as a pet or perhaps a parkour hazard. Of course trying to capture one of those could be fun.

3. Art Gallery - A room where you can store clan grade Ayatan sculptures or just have donated regular ones displayed.

4. Auction House - Clan members can put a normal trade item up for auction at a set price. An alternative to direct trade chat so that you can sell stuff without being online all the time. This could easily tie into a whole quest about using some of the proceeds to mess with Corpus Market controls.

5. Kubrow & Kavat Lab - Have a dedicated lab where you can do research for the pets and most importantly you can permanently store DNA Imprints of the various types. Just set the cost to replicate the DNA Imprint at double or triple the normal amount to offset the lack of random generation. I assume even more Kavats and Kubrows will be added over time, thus the whole random generation thing needs an alternative.

6. Defense Rooms - While they wouldn't do anything currently it would be nice to have some rooms that explain why the Dojo is safe. Like adding gun turrets, shield generators, invisibility cloaks, etc. Either just for the role play of it all (a ghost clan using a hidden base, while a moon clan has enough fire power to take on an armada of ships) or perhaps as part of some mechanic down the line.

Additional Items for Decorations 

1. Chairs - Functional chairs for Tenno to sit on in the dojo would be great. Especially now that the Dojos are on the Relay system and won't have more than 50 people loading into any given instance, it is far more viable to have actual chairs for people to sit in while hanging around the dojo. On a personal note having a variety of chairs is important since the Warlord needs a throne. We have tons of banners and drums, but no thrones..... shame.

2. More Statues - I tend to use Statues as way point markers. So I put a couple grineer statues outside the grineer lab so people know where to go. But we don't really have statues for the Corpus, Infested, Orokin or Tenno. I would love to see life size statues of each Warframe be added as an option. To this end either the decoration point limitation should be altered in some places or the cost per decoration needs adjustment.

3. More types of Plant Life - I do appreciate the maple trees, but after a certain point it would be nice to have some variety of tree types. Given how much time we spent gathering plant samples for Antitoxins and Apothics its not like it wouldn't make sense to have examples of threshcones and Vesten Moss in the gardens and other places.

4. Wall Mounted Weapons - A Clan of Tenno are a group of warriors, and yet their are no weapon related decorations other than the hologram images in the various labs. You can bet I would love some wall mount weapon decorations for the sparring room or some of the great halls.

That's what I got off the top of my head.

Shooting Range - Similar to the simulacrum with the ability to set the level and number of enemies spawned but at the end displaying statistics of damage, fire accuracy, etc.
With a leader board bonus.
Ability to support two Tenno at a time facing off against the spawned enemies even better.
Optional feature to add weapon handicaps similar to sorties would be amazing.

8 hours ago, (Xbox One)Spaztic Magic said:

Statues: Very true, more statues would be great...it certainly does seem rather limited, considering.

Banner Physics: You leave my planks-I-mean-banners alone...:crylaugh:

Leaderboard: I feel this should really only be something for the clan leadership to see, a tool for clan management. I see infighting and nonsense if it's public.

AI: Sure, a staff to keep the place up while we're bathing walls elsewhere in blood isn't a bad idea. I wouldn't mind having a Cephalon for the dojo, perhaps even having Ordis link into it?

Trading: I'm okay with them being at the relays. We already can trade in our clans like we do at relays, I don't really see the need for the merchants, personally.

Library: Not sure how you would implement/regulate this sort of thing...I can quickly see this becoming more hassle than it's worth. Tell us more.

Greenhouse: I like the idea...but only if the plants are useful and not simply decorative (not that I'm bothered by decoration). But how often can you harvest these if this is the case?

You can keep your planks if you want them.

My thoughts for the library are simple:  The older players, who have been playing longer, could, if they wanted too, write down tips and tricks for newer clan members, such as ideas for weapon and Warframe builds.  Plus, having a library means information, and information could be used to shorten research times.

The greenhouse could be both decorative and useful, like for players doing the Silver Grove quest.  Collecting all the plants for the apothics can be a pain, so having them in the Dojo could be better.

Edited by (PS4)zj0ker20

7 hours ago, Jade-Lion said:

A few things that I would love to be added to the dojo.

More Rooms 

1. Arch-Wing Lab - the archwing stuff being spread across three different labs is a pain and the Tenno Lab is getting a bit overstuffed. Just port all the arch-wing stuff over from the current labs and have said labs being built as part of the research criteria.

2. Arch-Wing Parkour Room - Like the standard parkour room, except focused on using arch-wing and perhaps even shark-wing to practice. Though the Shark-Wing part might just be an excuse to have one of those giant Uranus sharks you see in the distance as a pet or perhaps a parkour hazard. Of course trying to capture one of those could be fun.

3. Art Gallery - A room where you can store clan grade Ayatan sculptures or just have donated regular ones displayed.

4. Auction House - Clan members can put a normal trade item up for auction at a set price. An alternative to direct trade chat so that you can sell stuff without being online all the time. This could easily tie into a whole quest about using some of the proceeds to mess with Corpus Market controls.

5. Kubrow & Kavat Lab - Have a dedicated lab where you can do research for the pets and most importantly you can permanently store DNA Imprints of the various types. Just set the cost to replicate the DNA Imprint at double or triple the normal amount to offset the lack of random generation. I assume even more Kavats and Kubrows will be added over time, thus the whole random generation thing needs an alternative.

6. Defense Rooms - While they wouldn't do anything currently it would be nice to have some rooms that explain why the Dojo is safe. Like adding gun turrets, shield generators, invisibility cloaks, etc. Either just for the role play of it all (a ghost clan using a hidden base, while a moon clan has enough fire power to take on an armada of ships) or perhaps as part of some mechanic down the line.

Additional Items for Decorations 

1. Chairs - Functional chairs for Tenno to sit on in the dojo would be great. Especially now that the Dojos are on the Relay system and won't have more than 50 people loading into any given instance, it is far more viable to have actual chairs for people to sit in while hanging around the dojo. On a personal note having a variety of chairs is important since the Warlord needs a throne. We have tons of banners and drums, but no thrones..... shame.

2. More Statues - I tend to use Statues as way point markers. So I put a couple grineer statues outside the grineer lab so people know where to go. But we don't really have statues for the Corpus, Infested, Orokin or Tenno. I would love to see life size statues of each Warframe be added as an option. To this end either the decoration point limitation should be altered in some places or the cost per decoration needs adjustment.

3. More types of Plant Life - I do appreciate the maple trees, but after a certain point it would be nice to have some variety of tree types. Given how much time we spent gathering plant samples for Antitoxins and Apothics its not like it wouldn't make sense to have examples of threshcones and Vesten Moss in the gardens and other places.

4. Wall Mounted Weapons - A Clan of Tenno are a group of warriors, and yet their are no weapon related decorations other than the hologram images in the various labs. You can bet I would love some wall mount weapon decorations for the sparring room or some of the great halls.

That's what I got off the top of my head.

Honestly, I think the Kavat/Kubrow room might get too complicated.  I like the idea of a Archwing course, maybe an addition to the normal Obstacle Course?

The Auction House had potential to be good, but only if people frequent the Clan Dojo.  The Art Gallery would be good for any decoration that can be found in a ship, like the Inaros Urn, Noggles, or even the legendary John Prodman autograph.

I like the idea of displaying weapons.  Maybe players could donate them to the Clan if they want?

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 9:04 PM, (PS4)zj0ker20 said:

Honestly, I think the Kavat/Kubrow room might get too complicated.

Actually it isn't that complicated, about on par with basic fashion framing. The layout of the room would have three consoles in it, the kubrow on one side, the kavat on the other, and the Imprint console in the center. You just go to the one correct one based upon your needs. 

As far as storing DNA Imprints goes, most of those aspects are either binary (male/female or heavy/thin) or are specific traits (lotus fur pattern). The DNA Imprints used as contributions would check off the aspects available in the dojo. Thus as DE adds new aspects, new research pops up, then it is a hunt to get a copy of that to add to the dojo DNA Library. 

As far as making a custom pet, you just use the third console where you pick each attribute you are after from the available list and then pay a generation fee to create a custom DNA Imprint, which you take back to the Orbiter and incubate as normal. The fees would go into the Clan Treasury directly.

On 5/23/2017 at 2:19 PM, (PS4)zj0ker20 said:

New Rooms Ideas:

Love your ideas. Personally. Id like a greater variety in the types of rooms available to build. Ive seen various photos of the dojo having Orokin Derelict themed rooms. Not to sure what happened to them but id love it if they came back.