Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inconsistency with +Damage Mod Descriptions

Bondsmagi

Not sure if this should be under weapons but here you go.

The +#% [Damage Type] mods do not all follow the same idea even though they all follow the same descriptive formula in game.

Hellfire: +90% Heat

This mod adds Heat damage where there is no Heat damage to a weapon.

Sawtooth Clip: +30% Slash 

This mod does NOT add Slash damage where there is no Slash damage on a weapon.

I bring this up and to the forums because I had a new player ask me why they are the same but don't work the same and I had no real good answer for that.

Edited by Bondsmagi

to make it short, you can add any eemental damage to a weapon, but you can only increase the physical damage already present in the weapon; they are two kind of damage that works a bit differently, physical mods empower the single physical damage stat, elemental ones take in count all the 3 physical damage (or the base elemental for pure elemental ones)

Edited by Fiftycentis

5 hours ago, Fiftycentis said:

to make it short, you can add any eemental damage to a weapon, but you can only increase the physical damage already present in the weapon; they are two kind of damage that works a bit differently, physical mods empower the single physical damage stat, elemental ones take in count all the 3 physical damage (or the base elemental for pure elemental ones)

Yeah I know that, and I had to explain that, but there is nothing in the game to say that and the Mods themselves do not offer anything that lends themselves to those ideas. Going as far as actively looking the same as one another when written out on the Mods. I brought it up because through the eyes of a new player this is very confusing. This game already has a steeper learning curve then I feel DE would like and this is just another small step on the confusing ladder to learning the game.

ya...thats IPS mods for you in general...they also dont state that it ONLY increases that stat as well (kinda implied in your post but ya) like...IPS mods are +% of that X based on base X    while elements are +% of X added on total overall base.

It is kinda inconsistant and can be confusing for new players (I see alot of new players learn the tradition IPS =strong vs faction early...so they often do things like adding %slash to boltors to try to increase the effectivness of there weapons for a faction.

I have seen alot of people wanting the IPS mods to work like ELE mods...and JUST as many people arguing back that they dont want this cuz "you cant add phiscal damage to a flamthrower"

20 hours ago, Ordosan said:

and JUST as many people arguing back that they dont want this cuz "you cant add phiscal damage to a flamthrower"

and probably some weapons will just become too op, think of a weapon with an high damage of a type, and then have it have the same high damage in all the 3 physical damages

idk why i i felt a deja vu while writing this

6 hours ago, Fiftycentis said:

and probably some weapons will just become too op, think of a weapon with an high damage of a type, and then have it have the same high damage in all the 3 physical damages

idk why i i felt a deja vu while writing this

ya after i hit enter i was thinking to my self "the main reason to not have it work the same would be every build being "ser,split,3/4 ele,2/3 ips," course the main point of OP does have a point though. the wording on the mods really dont hold the fact that they enhance damage differently.
of course while typing this it WOULD be neat to see the "damage conversion" mods from conclave implemented somehow.

Edited by Ordosan

2 hours ago, Ordosan said:

it WOULD be neat to see the "damage conversion" mods from conclave implemented somehow.

Ever since I seen them scrolling through all the mods in the wiki I've wanted these for PvE! Would be an awesome addition.

Edited by blackheartstar_pc