Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is just me or are the live streams unfair (can they be improved)

Hello, I am a guy who comes from India and I couldn't help but point out a few flaws in your stream timings,
(Please don't ban me, I am only trying to help)
Okay to get started,
Now your stream, uses EDT, which is Eastern Standard Time( I think)
So according to your schedule, Xbox one @ 1= Every Monday 1 pm, fair enough in EDT but if you convert it to IST,(Indian Standard Time) it will be at 10:30 pm O.K acceptable
But its unlikely that many Tenno will be commanding warframes at this hour(in india) but yes, its still possible to watch

Going to the next few streams
PS4 @ 4- Every Tuesday @ 4pm- Which is 1:30 am in our country. Now, most tenno will be asleep by now, might be around 70% of your gaming community in India, including me, for me the max i can go is till 10:30. Btw yes im still in school. so.
Now there are a couple of tenno who pull all-nighters and command warframes till dawn, and sadly i'm not one of them

Warframe Prime Time- Thursday 7pm - 4:30 am in our place. This, This is insanity, I mean come on, who even sits up at 4 and games. now now, I KNOW there are Tenno still striving for corpus oil and grineer blood but by now like 95% of Tenno in India will be snoozing( and dreaming about Lotus :P)
Last but not the least, the Dev Stream- every Thursday at 2pm- 11:30 in India, well, still acceptable

I hope you can see through the hidden meaning of my "tenno" and understand what I am trying to say, and I speak for all Indians,most of whom are blissfully unaware of this stream and those who know of it also are unable to watch it because of the timings, I am not criticizing you, I am making suggestions.
I really love Warframe, and I am pretty much hooked and would love to compete and try to gain prizes but like I said, the system is not equal.
Most giveaways i've seen are almost always global time which means that if it is 1pm that the giveaway starts, it means that only at 1pm in India the giveaway will start,
Please take this as a suggestion and try to improve the timings, but if not, i completely understand :')
Any way, good luck with your streams that I will never be able to watch with the world :(

Please get back to me whether the result is good or not
I just need conformation and I hate moderators that do not respond
Sorry

Regards,
A lone Tenno
CalcualtedMurderMachine(IGN)
Anirudh(IRL)
calculatedmurdermachine(Twitch)

EDIT : I DO NOT WANT THE DE TO CHANGE THEIR TIMING

I DO NOT WANT PEOPLE TELLING ME THAT I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE STREAM AND I SHOULD SACRIFICE MY TIME

I WANT SOLUTIONS NOT PEOPLE TELLING ME THAT IT IS MY OWN PROBLEM AND THAT I SHOULD STOP BEING SELFISH

I AM SPEAKING FOR MY PEOPLE

NOT ONLY FOR MYSELF

CHANGED THE TITLE SINCE MANY MISUNDERSTOOD IT

Done

Edited by CalcualtedMurderMachine
Because people

1 minute ago, Heckzu said:

Can't you just...watch the recorded version when you have time?

Its not about watching the recorded ones, I wanted to have a shot at the plat!

3 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

They can't time streams for everyone's free time. That's actually just completely impossible.

Like, "the world" doesn't watch these streams. Devstreams are at 4am on a Saturday for me. That's how time zones work.

I know, thats why its up for discussion

I just think that its unfair for some to have a shot at getting plat while others can't

Just now, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

I just think that its unfair for some to have a shot at getting plat while others can't

DE is based in Canada, not Asia. There's no reason they should compromise their broadcast time for viewers on the other side of the planet if it ends up screwing themselves over.

1 minute ago, Sean said:

Remember, the times have to fit with their schedule, and so it will be rough for those on the complete other side of the planet than them.

Also...

EDT = Eastern Daylight Time

- Daylight Savings Time (DST) begins early in the year and end ends about November

- When going into DST after it being the normal time, clocks are pushed forward by 1 hour, so 4:00PM becomes 5:00PM once it becomes DST

EST = Eastern Standard Time

- The "correct" time, but is not the same timezone all year round as for a part of the year it is DST

Personally, I think there shouldn't be DST, but that's besides the point.

1 minute ago, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

2 minutes ago, Echorion said:

It's just you.

Where do you live?

Maybe for you its at a nice time or maybe not, For us Indians, Its definitely not

1 minute ago, Heckzu said:

DE is based in Canada, not Asia. There's no reason they should compromise their broadcast time for viewers on the other side of the planet if it ends up screwing themselves over.

I know they are based in Canada, but there are players still playing in Asia, and I feel that they deserve a shot too

I mean apart from the tennocon and things which is impossible to attend, little things like these should have some change, something everyone can enjoy

Idk 

I'm open for ideas

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

Except it is down to where DE is located, they are in the EDT timezone and so they are unable to accommodate those on the other side of the world. You will either have to be up at that time or watch the recorded version.

Like I said, it's not about watching the livestream, Its about the chance of winning goodies!

5 minutes ago, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

Where do you live?

Maybe for you its at a nice time or maybe not, For us Indians, Its definitely not

So people In North America need to adhere to Indian time schedules or it's unfair.

That's not how things work- and most people understand that...so yeah it's just you.

Just now, Echorion said:

So people In North America need to adhere to Indian time schedules or it's unfair.

That's not how things work- and most people understand that...so yeah it's just you.

Probably because you live there, you don't see my point

I'm not suggesting that North America adhere to Indian timings, I was thinking if there was a way around this loophole,

Okay so imagine this, If DE was based in India, how would you feel, not having a shot

Knowing that you will never have a chance to get lucky

20 minutes ago, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

There's no discussion to have. It isn't unfair, it's unavoidable.

Timezones are simply a thing you will have to live with. You may think its unfear but come on.

What is unfear is that you ask people in a company to stay at work at unreasonable times just because a part of the players cant watch it live.

And guess what. when they change times they will be excluding other people.

What if they made it possible to win plat in the YouTube recordings? Like maybe since they currently do 2-4 prizes per stream they could split it in half, five half away live and have the other half be chosen by one of those random comment selector things a lot of youtubers use? 

3 minutes ago, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

:( It is very much unfair because if you notice, when there is a give away by a big company, it is in global time meaning if it starts at 2pm in 'murica, it will start only at 2pm in India

See what im tryna say?

But are those done live? 

2 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

Timezones are simply a thing you will have to live with. You may think its unfear but come on.

What is unfear is that you ask people in a company to stay at work at unreasonable times just because a part of the players cant watch it live.

And guess what. when they change times they will be excluding other people.

I know I just realised I am asking for suggestions

Just now, Miser_able said:

What if they made it possible to win plat in the YouTube recordings? Like maybe since they currently do 2-4 prizes per stream they could split it in half, five half away live and have the other half be chosen by one of those random comment selector things a lot of youtubers use? 

THIS IS MY MAN I mean I'm asking for things like this, suggestions, not like people saying lie with it, I have been living with it for some time

and yes why not I wanted to ask the same thing

18 minutes ago, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

Probably because you live there, you don't see my point

I'm not suggesting that North America adhere to Indian timings, I was thinking if there was a way around this loophole,

Okay so imagine this, If DE was based in India, how would you feel, not having a shot

Knowing that you will never have a chance to get lucky

The irony is that if you open the stream to more people then it means you will have even lower chance to win the plat. Let's say if you watch at the current schedule where 1000 people are watching then it means you have 0,001% chance to win, if they open it to all timezone and the amount of watcher reach 3000, then your chance of winning are only like 0.00033 %

Edited by Rekkou