Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grammarly for Chrome Issues

Circle_of_Psi

So, if not everyone, most people have a Chrome/Firefox Extension called "Grammarly". Now what I've been noticing is that there is a conflict between the Quoting/Spoilers boxes that for some reason causes Chrome to slow down to a crawl. Tus making it seem your net is slowing down, but this only happens on the Warframe Forms, any other site is at normal speed.

I feel this maybe some sort of coding issue between the two.

What Happens?:

Once I quote someone or make a spoiler, Grammarly begins to try track any issues, but what happens is, it's stuck in a loop trying to find the mistakes inside the Quote Box and then it slows down the speed of the website. Such as: Scrolling, Trying to remove or place text, etc.

You can see this by checking the small red dot on the right-hand side, if it still got a spinning O around it, as well the Quote box itself begins flashing where the error text is, and you are unable to do anything. 

I am unsure if this is just my side or if anyone else has this issue. All you need to do is to see if you have the same issue is to grab the Extension and try to edit, note: This does not always happen, so it's a bit of side to side. 

Other Issues: I've also noticed an odd issue with the website is where you are editing and changing around your text and if you press "Enter" on your keyboard, to enter the next space, rather then dropping down, it removes the text above.

I can't tell if this is another issue with the Extension itself or the website itself. On top of that due to the issue here, it also makes the text pure black/grey, when some people are using the dark theme, you can easily fix this by removing "Formatting" from the post, but it can be somewhat a pain if someone is using the wrong theme or have to paste something in formatting. Note: I am unsure if this is the same issue in the "White" theme as well.

Thanks

Legion

P.S: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/grammarly-for-chrome/kbfnbcaeplbcioakkpcpgfkobkghlhen Here is the link to the Grammarly itself 

Edited by LegionCynex
Gave More Details & Fixed Colors

2 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

I don't have Grammarly, and my Forums aren't slow. Try and set Grammarly to be disabled on this site and see if that helps you.

Whoa, fast respond, I did edit a lot of things on my post, so feel free to refresh, but this does work, however, I still would like to use it. So I am unsure if there is another way around it, simply not using it, on this site is not really what I'll like to do. 

My Spelling itself is fine in some cases, but due to the English/USA type of texting, the world has today makes it seem even if I see it right, others will not but let's not go into that. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)decogold said:

Not sure what the need for Grammarly is - Chrome already has a built-in spell checker. It can be enabled through chrome://settings and chrome://flags if you don't have it enabled already.

I have not noticed this has a built-in one, but I will look into it. as for the reason for it, well you can yourself if you find the link. I suck at a lot of stuff :3 

1 hour ago, LegionCynex said:

I have not noticed this has a built-in one, but I will look into it. as for the reason for it, well you can yourself if you find the link. I suck at a lot of stuff :3 

You can find it by going to "chrome://settings" and scroll down to "Advanced Options". Tick the option which says "Use a web service to help resolve spelling errors".

It can also be improved upon by going to "chrome://flags", press the CNTRL key and the f key at the same time and then locating "Enable idle time spell checker". This was included in a previous Chrome Developer build so it may not be currently in the Stable channel. If it is not there, the spell checker will still work.

Edited by (PS4)decogold
corrected black text