Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE's new game "Keystone"

DonGheddo

Well... knowing that KEYSTONE is DE's next game that they are working on soon to be in closed alpha..... i want to know this dear DE 

Will the developers that work on WARFRAME work on KEYSTONE aswell or there will be a separate team ?

Waiting for a response :)

I like card games, so I signed up for alpha, hopefully I'll get in soon. 

But no, why would they anyways? This just shows DE is expanding/growing. Every big company eventually starts working on multiple games at a time, and they don't cross teams, it would be utterly chaotic, you can't manage people that way. Nothing would get done for either with that kind of disorganization. There is nothing to worry about here either, the break in at DE way back... there has been a specific Keystone team at DE dedicated to this for some time now. It won't make any difference for Warframe, apart from the indirect chance that Keystone being really successful would help Warframe potentially have more overall funding. 

I'm glad it won't affect WF at least now, but to be a realist a game studio is going to be focusing on it's best game the most, so I selfishly hope that keystone will never become as great as Warframe so Warframe will always stay the main focus of DE

I'm pretty sure this signals the end of warframe. Why do another game when there are still so many things to fix here. How could it not affect warframe, there is no way DE call pull 2 games like this. All this time played on warframe to be abandoned like this. I didn't put money into warframe to have them use it on something else. This is the last drop, I quit. er.. Am I missing anything? That should cover most of them :p

Alpha hype lol.

Edit, oh yeah referral link: https://www.playkeystone.com/?referrerId=59245b134cde6f4f3d3c8562

Edited by Rawrmonger
forgot referral

9 minutes ago, NPC said:

I'm glad it won't affect WF at least now, but to be a realist a game studio is going to be focusing on it's best game the most, so I selfishly hope that keystone will never become as great as Warframe so Warframe will always stay the main focus of DE

Yeah but keep in mind, DE as a studio has to accept that while Warframe has a few years left, it is unlikely to remain a sustaining money maker for a studio forever. No game ever is enough that way. Even with constant expansions, Blizzard has released many other games besides WoW to keep themselves going strong. 

I guess my point is, Keystone being strong means that even if Warframe isn't really making much money anymore, that as long as Warframe still has a dedicated playerbase, DE will be able to afford to keep Warframe going because Keystone is doing so bloody well. 

I'm not already sounding the "changing of the guard, after all its only alpha and I think Warframe has at least 2-3 years before serious and permanent player losses start due to people just having enough of it after some time. But if DE can be successful with new games before that time period comes, they can keep Warframe afloat for many years after when it would normally be put out to pasture, as long as a dedicated set of people keep playing -- because as a studio, they are successful with other projects, and don't feel pinched on every dime they spend. 

So IMO, Keystone's success actually means Warframe gets more development time/lasts longer. 

TL;DR Keystone being successful means DE can keep Warframe going as a vanity project for some dedicated fans longer after most people have stopped playing. Keystone not being successful means DE has to bet even harder on Warframe, despite it already being a few years deep, and many in the gaming community already having tried it at one point or another (26 million registered sounds good, but it means there is a small pool of actually new customers DE can attempt to acquire for Warframe, as most people have tried it at one point or another, and already have an opinion about it -- the games days are numbered). 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Just now, Rawrmonger said:

I'm pretty sure this signals the end of warframe. Why do another game when there are still so many things to fix here. How could it not affect warframe, there is no way DE call pull 2 games like this. All this time played on warframe to be abandoned like this. I didn't put money into warframe to have them use it on something else. This is the last drop, I quit. er.. Am I missing anything? That should cover most of them :p

Alpha hype lol.

You had me going.

5 minutes ago, DonGheddo said:

All in all i'm confused about 1 thing.... is this game something like Paladins or a card game like heart stone ? 

IDK they said like FPS + deck building or something like that? So it sounds pretty interesting to me, I think it may be more like its own thing, but we will all know soon enough if we get into the alpha. ; P 

30 minutes ago, D20 said:

The teams working on Warframe and Keystones are different, as confirmed by DE's staff in a Twitter reply.

For those who pass by : no need to freak out. ;)

Could I freak out about there being a new game that DE is working on and I found out about it just now?

21 minutes ago, Rawrmonger said:

Alpha hype lol.

Edit, oh yeah referral link: https://www.playkeystone.com/?referrerId=59245b134cde6f4f3d3c8562

Why would they quit on Warframe if it's their most successful game... And there are two separate teams, so there isn't going to be anything bad happening like that.

48 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Yeah but keep in mind, DE as a studio has to accept that while Warframe has a few years left, it is unlikely to remain a sustaining money maker for a studio forever. No game ever is enough that way. Even with constant expansions, Blizzard has released many other games besides WoW to keep themselves going strong. 

I guess my point is, Keystone being strong means that even if Warframe isn't really making much money anymore, that as long as Warframe still has a dedicated playerbase, DE will be able to afford to keep Warframe going because Keystone is doing so bloody well. 

I'm not already sounding the "changing of the guard, after all its only alpha and I think Warframe has at least 2-3 years before serious and permanent player losses start due to people just having enough of it after some time. But if DE can be successful with new games before that time period comes, they can keep Warframe afloat for many years after when it would normally be put out to pasture, as long as a dedicated set of people keep playing -- because as a studio, they are successful with other projects, and don't feel pinched on every dime they spend. 

So IMO, Keystone's success actually means Warframe gets more development time/lasts longer. 

TL;DR Keystone being successful means DE can keep Warframe going as a vanity project for some dedicated fans longer after most people have stopped playing. Keystone not being successful means DE has to bet even harder on Warframe, despite it already being a few years deep, and many in the gaming community already having tried it at one point or another (26 million registered sounds good, but it means there is a small pool of actually new customers DE can attempt to acquire for Warframe, as most people have tried it at one point or another, and already have an opinion about it -- the games days are numbered). 

I never said I didn't want the new game to succeed, for the sake of Warframe and DE I of course wish their new games to succeed. 

That's quite pessimistic view of Warframe, DE went against every set "rule" when they made Warframe and here we are. I see no reason why they couldn't keep it running the same way they have been running it. 

Edited by NPC

1 hour ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Just because I'm evil like this, I'm giving my referral link. :crylaugh:

https://www.playkeystone.com?referrerId=592473484cde6f751f4a5757

1 hour ago, Rawrmonger said:

Alpha hype lol.

49 minutes ago, Mantvi5 said:

Just because I'm evil like this, I'm giving my referral link. :crylaugh:
Also everyone who sign in through me will be added to priiority list for closed alpha. :)

https://www.playkeystone.com?referrerId=59247b994cde6f882a475f61

Self promoting like this, dont any of you have shame?!

https://www.playkeystone.com?referrerId=592485104cde6f97ed2fdbe4

Anybody knows PC specs (aka requirements for the game)

2 paragon kinda already did Warframe/smite so this one is gonna be fun to watch and support (if the idea and money is there)

+ i hope they dont focus on card system too much (imo its a thing of the past)