Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE's new game "Keystone"

DonGheddo

On 24-5-2017 at 0:03 PM, Fugana said:

The game is not out, there is little to no information about the game yet criticism already exist 
i never tough i will encounter something like this EVER

It's called a first impression, You may be surprised, but we all tend to have one of everything/everyone we see, hear, taste, smell, go to or meet.

I have signed up as well, just to get a feel.

I am having a feeling it will be similar to Titanfall original burn card system.
Each card grants a special use power each time you are alive, of course if you are dead, the affects wear off.
You use up your deck as you play, but at the same time earn cards for playing, frags, achievements and what not.

It was a nice way to keep people playing but Titanfall MP was pretty short lived, but I hope the burn card system stays.

Edited by fatpig84

59 minutes ago, fatpig84 said:

I have signed up as well, just to get a feel.

I am having a feeling it will be similar to Titanfall original burn card system.
Each card grants a special use power each time you are alive, of course if you are dead, the affects wear off.
You use up your deck as you play, but at the same time earn cards for playing, frags, achievements and what not.

It was a nice way to keep people playing but Titanfall MP was pretty short lived, but I hope the burn card system stays.

Nah it will most likely be a card system similar to that of Paladins from Hi-Rez studios (as it says on the site "strategy" deck building) where you will probably have dozens of cards that give certain stats or augments to abilities and you can mix and mash 6 or so together to make unique build strategies. honestly though I'm not even interested in keystone, weird name for an fps and just from the website it looks like a Overwatch/Paladin type game but more of a younger audience feel. I mean look at the characters they look like action figures from the 1950's or toys that came out of a cereal box, not expecting much from that game and we wont hear to much about it from anyone who gets in the alpha due to NDA like they mentioned in the dev stream earlier today. Warframe will always be DE's shining star!

Titanfall died for a reason, just saying, even Titanfall 2 is slowly dying. Also their system had nothing to do with deck building so not even sure why you thought about Titanfall.

Edited by iMalicious

On 5/23/2017 at 1:37 PM, PrVonTuckIII said:

According to PC Gamer, Sheldon will be involved, as he is Studio Head, but nothing else. I signed up for the Alpha, though, even though I normally hate card games.

I signed up too for love DE... but honestly... I don't think they're going to catch lightning in a bottle like they did with Warframe.  It looks okay at best... certainly not gonna be the next breakthrough in online gaming based on that single picture - but then again, I'm thinking too far ahead and need to wait to play alpha or something to actually be sure.

Also probably not gonna be breakthrough in card games when put up against things like Magic, Gwent, Hearthstone.  (I don't play any of them, so I'm not saying this out of fanboyism).

I like the 70s vibe - but the costumes on the two girls seem wildly out of place to me.  Meh, we'll wait and see - I know I'm being primarily judgemental, but only because deep down inside I want them to do great things and expect great things from this studio. 

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I too fear another Global Agenda.

Edit: So I rewatched this "Death of a Game: Global Agenda" and it is really a good look of stuff I missed even though I played the hell out of GA. In big part the funky pay system, which I completely forgot how funky it was. And how they $&*^ed around and abandoned development. Funny how nostalgia goggles really can mask some stuff. In my mind, the release of the desert was the start of the downhill slide for GA and I just forgot the rest. For those who want to watch: 

Edited by DeeDeetheSpy

I wouldn't worry, I played global agenda too and it wasn't nowhere near the level warframe is right now. 

Plus DE is so much better than HiRez.

From what I heard on my Alliance discord, Keystone seems to going to be like Paladins.