[DE]Rebecca

Coming Soon: Devstream #93!

We’re back this Friday with another Devstream!  

Who: The crew is back! Join Rebecca, Steve, Scott, Geoff, and Sheldon on the couch!

What:  As Tennocon draws nearer, we exit our caves once more to give some updates on Warframe and answer your questions! We’ll be playing with Harrow to cover what has changed since last Devstream as well as looking at the latest announced Primes! 

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes and during the Livestream as well as a Banshee Prime Access!

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Friday May 26th at 2 p.m EDT (convert here: https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/)   

If you have questions for us please post them below! This thread closes at 10 a.m EDT on Friday May 26th! 

• Upvote 41

any more changes to goatberon to clean up some of the clunkyness of his skill set?

• Upvote 41

3 questions!

1) What's the ETA on Earth revisited, if possible? Coming with Harrow perhaps?

2) Oberon's Hallowed Ground used to be fire, now it's some weird thing... Do you guys have plans to keep tweaking it? Maybe now that his golden self is coming?

3) Talking on Oberon Prime, think you can show the vid when the devstream ends, in case it is done? I miss that kind of teasing!

Thanks as always Rebecca! :)

Edited by NightmareT12
  • Upvote 21

My question:

Can glaives receive a system where we get to mark our enemies dealing more damage per consecutive hit?Kind of like Ash's Bladestorm ...

• Upvote 15

Salutations Reb and team!

May I ask if we will see some love for the small things regarding our OPs (referring to spoiler)

From handshakes to companion interactions,that if possible,and perhaps an toggle option to start with them in our Orbiter by default.(and for the sake of time,please,allow us to void dash in there)

...Also,can we please consider some sort of (here we go again) companion vacuum,or even better,the ability to use both companion and sentinel at once?....Also,can you tease us,just a bit,with what to expect at tennocon,or twitch in my case (unable to come,sadly)

Edited by UnknownCoffeeRebel
  • Upvote 8

Here's hoping we finally hear something, literally anything, about the status of this Oberon mess.

Cause right now all we have is an insult from Scott, a request for more feedback, and almost no changes or comments based on the massive amounts of feedback the community has given in this thread and the update threads:

Edited by Alusdrann
  • Upvote 22

Questions: Full orbiter when? Sentients when? sentient arm weapon when? Earth Remaster when? Um... ops i forgot. 

• Upvote 14

Any news on another deluxe skin?

Any news on the Equinox Alt Helmet? 

• Upvote 7

Hello Steve and Scott, I hope you are in a great mood today, because I will have to try your patience.

Could you please implement universal Vacuum? You said over various devstreams that your team has different opinions about this matter. Some think that having to pick up loot is diversifying the gamaplay, others say that giving any companion Vacuum would make them too similar. I have to strongly disagree. Whether or not you believe that Vacuum is just a feature that diversifies gameplay or companions, most players wont agree with you. They see Vacuum as an integral mechanic of Warframe and I am certain that the statistics support this claim. I predict that very most players will have Vacuum equipped and that Kavats or Kubrows are being used significantly less, not to mention that most of them will only be used to level them.

You could, for example, tie Vacuum innate to the Warframes to the Exilus Slot. Players would have to unlock it with an Exilus Adapter, which would make sure new players don't have immediate access to it, give a reason to farm Simaris standing and quite possibly bolster sales of Exilus Adapters themselves. Energy Conversion, if that is of concern, could be changed to be able to hold multiple charges, as one would pick up Energy Orbs more frequently. Or you could give players the control over what items they want to be "vacuumed".

So let me ask you, why can't you see that your design of Vacuum is not matching up with the players vision of it? Why do Kubrows and Kavats have to be sidelined?

The other question I'd like to ask is if you could rethink your design philosophy when creating or reworking Warframes? Currently, you mostly seem to design or rework Warframes based on the premise to make them balanced and to not make them increasing the powercreep by making sure they don't overshoot other Warframes. Sadly, the downside so far has been that many new and most reworked Warframes as of late are not feeling fun to play.

Oberon is the latest example of this. I'm sure that he is balanced if it comes to your metrics, but it doesn't feel like he was able to push into the "frequently used" category, neither does it feel particular exciting to play him. He is ok, but he's missing something that can catch my interest. As such, I sadly have to consider him as a failed rework, not because he's too bad to play, but rather because Oberon isn't standing out in any way.

As such I would like to ask you if you could change your design philosophy from creating something balanced, to creating something fun, or captivating, and worry about the balance later. Find one thing for each Warframe that will be their gimmick, like Titania's Razorwing, or something they will be the best at and make sure that each ability feels rewarding to use.

Edited by KaeseSchnitte
  • Upvote 34

Which questions will you be dodging this time? Your evasion skills are amazing, I love seeing it.

• Upvote 19

After we were told that the Earth tileset redex was supposed to be released in April some number of devstreams ago, since it's about the end of May now, are you, perhaps, holding it until the release of Oberon Prime?

Also, any new content additions of any kind coming soon, whether it's weapons, skins, etc? (not counting Oberon Prime Access of course)

Edited by AdamantSpartan
  • Upvote 4

Can we have an option to not gain Opposing Syndicate Standings when wearing Sigils or is it lore breaking? Because Fashionframe is Endgame.

Edited by Ex09
  • Upvote 8

I look forwards to whatever the Harrow changes may be!

As for a question: How soon will we be getting dual-wielding (I know it's coming with Harrow, but when is that)?

Edited by PrVonTuckIII
  • Upvote 2

If a question is asked here and not answered in the following devstream, are they ignored in its entirety?

• Upvote 10

-Any chance archwing will get its own devteam like conclave has ?

-any plans to add void/moon archwing missions ?

-any plans to add sentient and orokin archwing enemies ?

-Since we have infested boss battle with archwing(Jordas), is there any chance we get archwing boss battle with corpus and grineer(and sentients)  factions?

-any plans to add to archwing game mode unique secondary weapons ? for example mecha-style missile pods or shoulder/backpack cannons

-what about archwing cosmetics like skins and stuff attached to archwing ?

-could we get some archwing companions, either sentinels or even better: completly unique compaions to archwing ?

-any chance for space dogfights in archwing ? current hovering while shoting each other combat can be really boring, it would be really cool if we could switch between our current "hover" type combat and high speed combat like space jet fighters in other games(something similar to dual modes of strike suit zero)

-Any chance for frame-archwing synergy ? for example different frames giving different bonuses in archwing

-Could we get 'evolving' emblem(like stratos emblem) related to archwing that we 'evolve' as we do archwing related events(like fomorian), missions or challenges. I want something to show off that I am skilled pilot of archwing.

-Will archwings get their own passives ?

-Are there any plans to add to game archwing version of Stalker, Zanuka Hunter or The Grustrag Three ?

-any plans for syndicate archwing melee and primary weapons ?

-any progress on new radar/map for archwing ?

-any chance for increased affinity/vacuum range in archwing ?

-when will enemies in archwing get proper models ?

and here are questioons unrelated to archwing:

-when will we see rest of orbiter and liset docking to it ?

-any chance that we will get list interior that looks more like in old concept arts ? everyone agree's that interior in concept arts looked MUCH cooler:

1lA7r1N.png

cesar-rizo-cr-wf-t-liset-cockpit-05a.jpg

-will we ever encounter real aliens(both infested and sentients are alien-like but were created by orokin) in warframe universe ?

-any chance for epic space encounters with our ship/archwing ?, something like First Encounter With Thargoids in elite dangerous:

Edited by Culaio
  • Upvote 21