Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #93!

[DE]Rebecca

Will you ever, PLEASE, allow Equinox's powers to change with metamorphosis (and preferably, keeping the build ups) instead of turning off? 

Every frame has a central something without which it might just be another. Currently, with Equinox actively punishing Form-changing, she really is nothing more than wasted potential (and provoke, which is the only truly unique power she has).  Other than that, most frames are a better choice, many doing the same all her builds end up having to be specialized in (to maintain usefulness) but better. 

So please, please, just allow her powers to change with her. Even if you feel you have to nerf Peaceful Pacify (which, judging by the average power level most frames have, seems unnecessary), please do it. 

Even if she is "in a good place", there is always room for improvement. Specially when she actually isn't in a good place. 

Edited by tnccs215

Its a tight subject, but any news on our step father hunhow sending any baddies after us?
Ive noticed you guys are experimenting with troop transports and wondering is that a intro to the sentients Transport(whom looks super kewl)

The in-game descriptions for Oberon's abilities do not mention important facets of his kit like the interactions between Hallowed Ground and his other abilities, the bonus damage Reckoning receives from Radiation, the bleedout buff for Renewal, etc. As a result, many players are unaware of the full breadth of his abilities and must use out-of-game resources to inform themselves. Is there any concern that Oberon's execution may be too complex?

What was wrong with the original visual FX for Hallowed Ground? There have been several complaints that the new effect is harder to see, harder on computers, and doesn't match the in-game description of "righteous fire".

How's shield gating coming along?

Edited by Archwizard

Could you please fix codex/fragment bugs?

-The Helios bug, that prevents further fragment discovery (fragments green-can't scan, cause they are marked as complete, whilst the entries in fragment section aren't)

-Codex entries of such as security camera, infested tumor...

That would be nice for endgame players, that are grinding pokedex.

Dear Dang Diddly DE Developers

Are there any plans to make the Mandachord more relevant in general? It feels like too great of a system to be exclusive to one of 32 Warframes.

We should be able to play our Mandachord songs while walking in our Player Ships. Have some sort of music console or something, make our ships a personal disco party no matter what Warframe you use!

Like always, stay hotdog.
Thanks for reading, have a Hektato:
Zs1N6oJ.png

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

Hello DE Developers, My Questions are :

1. Is there any development to introduce Operator Modding System? Since the current operator condition are too weak, 100 hp seem too low, for a Child blessed by the Void.

2. Any plan to introduce passive abilities for Companions? It really helpful to have extra boost from our companions.(take Pokémon Abilities as Inspiration)

3. Make Univesal Vacuum for all Companions, and make it toggleable via Gameplay menu for players who doesn't want it.

4. Any chance that DE will Implement a Bird Companions?

I'm so sorry with my Grammar, English not my Native tongue.

Edited by Blood_Poppy

Any chance we can get excavator drills to scale up in health with mission level like defense/mobile defense objectives? Even a few stray shots will take them down at higher levels, making them almost impossibly hard to defend to completion without a Frost running 24/7 point defense.

This question keeps popping up mid-missions with my clanmates:

Would it be possible to get ingame timers, just like Survival has but for all missions?

To see how long we've taken to complete those Spies or how long have we been inside this Interception, etc..

Could you ask Steve about a little something he agreed to do during TennoVIP in Birmingham?

A little Lotus email explaining herself for her actions during the Gradivus Dilemma in light of the Second Dream (For those of us who were part of both)

Because the Lotus explicitly told us to weigh "Saving Tenno" against "Saving Colonists" and that wasn't really true was it, if the Tenno (Who I assume were occupying a Valkyr Warframe) were somehow locked into transference, then Lotus should really explain that, given the lie led to the supporting of Ruk and the oppression of colonists.

Mag re-rework when?

As it stands, she is a one trick pony with Magnetize and Polarize is absolutely useless in levels >20; in which case guns would still work far better.

Pull still flings enemies across the Milky Way and Crush is still extremely meh and just a panic button.

She's supposed to be a caster frame yet she has minuscule energy pool.

1 - Any plans for more cosmetic stuff exclusive to certain frames, like what Nekros and Valkyr have?

2 - What about revisiting Ash or Saryn? I know they had their reworks already, but their kits are still lackluster, and deserve a second (or third?) look. Same goes for Mag.

3 - Any more weapon rebalances planned?

Just now, JohnySkarr said:

2 - What about revisiting Ash or Saryn? I know they had their reworks already, but their kits are still lackluster, and deserve a second (or third?) look. Same goes for Mag.

I'm sorry, in what way is Saryn's skillset lack luster? And ash has plenty potential if you look at his abilities next to hist 4th. I'll agree on the mag rework though  

Edited by -CM-Darkvamper
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, -CM-Darkvamper said:

I'm sorry, in what way is Saryn's skillset lack luster? And ash has plenty potential if you look at his abilities next to hist 4th. I'll agree on the mag rework though  

Press 4 and few things die. What else do you think this is about?

Ash... I wished to be rid of the cinematic on his 4th, thats all.

Mag... being able to move while casting her 2/3 look like a good QoL change.

Just now, Kaotyke said:

Press 4 and few things die. What else do you think this is about?

Ash... I wished to be rid of the cinematic on his 4th, thats all.

Mag... being able to move while casting her 2/3 look like a good QoL change.

Saryn is a lot more versatile than press-4 to win... Just one example is her great melee build, not to mention her decoy/spore built (slightly cheesy I'll admit), the only saryn ability I rarely use is her 4 tbh... Ash can be a bit annoying with the animation lock, true. And like I said I agree on mag, although magnetize is fun imo.

• Like 1

Just now, -CM-Darkvamper said:

Saryn is a lot more versatile than press-4 to win... Just one example is her great melee build, not to mention her decoy/spore built (slightly cheesy I'll admit), the only saryn ability I rarely use is her 4 tbh... Ash can be a bit annoying with the animation lock, true. And like I said I agree on mag, although magnetize is fun imo.

I think that is the problem they have: requires thinking.

I hope DE will read this...

Can the void go back to what it was? me and my friends miss it so much, running endless survivals and earning endless loot. however, i know that you guys have worked really hard on this new system so please allow me to give you an idea ( i think its a really cool concept)

use this new system as a unvaulting prime event. if rhino or frost come back , the even would be like "the vault's reopening has caused the void to break out across the system! void fissures now grant old gear (frost, rhino etc.)" we could also bring keys back for the regular void and use relics (called ancient relics now) to use for the event. could you please consider a change atleast somewhat like this? i would beg you to bring back this nostalgic void gameplay back. thank you.

Edited by (XB1)JashinWorshiper

And once again: Questions are mostly the same as pre-Devstream 92. (Polishing the presentation is a WIP), and spoilerized for length.
1's changed, 10b is new, 12's changed (since we've seen the next batch of weapon augments) as is 12c (for clarity of discourse) and 15c's on hold until multiwielding's out.

0) Are Eximus Strongpoints still planned?

(Weak points is a misnomer. You hit a thing somewhere, and something happens. You hit a weak point and something catastrophic happens.
Compare and contrast with a strongpoint (fortification) - until you deal with it, you can't advance, a.k.a.nothing happens.)

Look at Ambulas. Ambulas has weak points.
Compare and contrast with the DC challenge Lv120 Juggernaut.

1) Do you consider Kubrows to be in a good place? Kavats share their tankiness (relative to sentinels) but are both distinctly more useful - and I'm willing to wager that usage stats support that.

2) Can Stealth finishers get a QoL/Ease of use- pass?
* Controls for repeated Stealth finishers are clunky and leave you fully visible while removing player control.
* The animations that exist are vulnerability/visibility-inducing due to teleportation and superfulous flourishes. Particularly when sneaking up on multiple units, individual takedowns (not to mention the new alert-ing mechanics) tend to screw you up.
* Elevations break them, facing can be finicky, and swathes of creatures don't even have animations or code hooks for them.
Using one every so often is fine, but using them in sequence (e.g. sleeping or blinding an enemy group) - and especially if you're going "legit" stealth (i.e. not invis) is very clunky.

2b) Also, can they be given a different keybind than melee?
Speaking of "legit" stealth and finicky facing, I'd rather not accidentally poke the Bombard I'm trying to sneak up on and shank, ya know?

3) Do you feel that Convergence serves its intended purpose? If so, what is that purpose?
As it stands, it's a player unfriendly focus throttle. I'd personally love it to either be redone or just completely removed.
While the Convergence spawn mechanics are not completely clear to me, there is a certain exp generation condition.
This is rather counterproductive most of the time, as it'll spawn immediately after I nuke a room, clear a Spy vault, etc.

3b) Now that TWW is out, is Focus being looked at? This is supposedly somewhere in the workload

3c) Assuming that neither Focus nor Convergence is changing in any substantial manner:
When considering any new Focus/Convergence changes, please keep Spy missions in mind? :'(
tl;dr - Convergence has killed Spy missions as a source of Focus.

4) Could we get a quick overview on your take of the 'state of the frames'?
How satisfied you are with what was reworked, what (if anything) more needs to be done there, next 'brightest fires', etc.

4b)  Is Oberon's rework done? What do you see as his role?
Is Volt's rework officially done? Has Energy Shield permanently lost its beam weapon interaction? Are you happy with the drain on carrying the Shield?
Is Ash's rework done? Specfically, is Blade Storm's current form final?
While I much prefer the toggle-to-mark to hold-to-mark, it's basically superfluous atm. As a well modded player,  it does nothing single-target that my guns don't already do, better and with no energy (or mod slots) required, and requires the exact same effort to apply to groups as my gun. More than my guns, if I'm using an AoE/chain weapon.
The only exception is enemies that - as per #2 - aren't opened to finishers by Teleport.

5) Given Steve's thoughts on disconnecting (or not disconnecting) cosmetics and gameplay, are there any UI improvements in the pipes for managing your synd sigils across your entire arsenal?

5b) Also, any UI addition/streamlining to bring your active Focus tree into the Arsenal?
After all, it is a part of your loadout.

6) Has any progress (of thought or implementation) been put into "Damage 3.0 / Enemy Scaling 3.0 / whatever" since you last talked of it (coming up on 5 months ago, iirc)?
Is it even still a thing? Damage 3.0 was mentioned in Tennocon (iirc?), as completely no progress, so nm this atm.

6) Damage/scaling/etc 3.0 was mentioned at Tennocon as 'no progress'. And now Riven mods exist.
How do Damage 3.0 and Riven mods interact? Is Damage 3.0 still planned
Nevermind, this is binned, and now we're waiting on further word of Enemies 1.5

7) What was the intent in removing the conclave rating from mods and the arsenal?

8) Given that it's obvious that 'all weapon were not made equal', is there any concrete intention to officially tier gear? After all, Scott has said on at least a couple of previous Devstreams that he has some kind of tiering system when creating new weapons.

8) Scott: Have you picked up "undercover boss" again, now that TWW's out for a year?

9) Is 'All Warframes should be overpowered' (or however DE_Steve phrased it) still the intention?
9b) On that note: if 'yes', how do Nullifiers fit in with this vision?

10) Excavation re-revisit? Please? ... Please? From its inception, it was my favorite game-mode. (And given its popularity in the CHT poll asking about previous events, I'm not alone in this.)
10b) Also, Why don't Excavators eHP scale? Is there a technical issue forcing Excavators this? or some other consideration?

11) A quick one: Dual Toxocysts were one of the first weapons with a "quirk" - they gain a buff when you land a headshot.
This buff doesn't refresh while active. Is this a mechanical limitation, an intentional decision, or an oversight?
(If intentional choice, could you spend a moment elucidating the considerations? Thanks.)

12) Is the fact that no changes were made to the announced next batch of weapon augments which previewed with Ambulas Reborn (these) an intentional decision, or a product of work going elsewhere in support of your 'new stuff new stuff!' work philosophy?

12b) And on the topic of band-aid mods, has any thought been given to Covert Lethality, daggers, dual daggers, stealth-prompt attacks, etc?
12c) Actually, backtrack a bit: What mods do you consider to be 'bandaid's problems? Why?

13) Can syndicate procs please not activate while you have the stealth multiplier buff up? (Seems both an easier and simpler solution than putting them under player control, though I may be wrong.) (Although Hold Reload could work for that, perhaps?)
btw, thanks for making them silent..

14)  Could we hear a few words on why someone decided that snipers need sway and - much more importantly - a noscope accuracy penalty? They already don't benefit from the scope bonus.

Further, any chance that the scope bonus could not scale with zoom level? I've literally had enemies spawn in at 10m away, which makes trying to use x5 - let alone x12 - zoom absolutely ridiculous.

Alternatively, are there any particular pros or cons to  shortening the transition delay so quickscoping is possible?

15) I admit, I've not played Dark Sector, but the Glaive has been a favorite of mine for almost a year now. Any chance that the richochet mechanic will be looked at? I don't think I've ever seen a bounce hit something.

15b) On that note, do you consider thrown melee to be in a good place (what with bounces being, afaik, completely ineffectual - as above -, their attack-cycle length, the inherent 2-3 mod slot tax required to make them usable (Quick Return, Power Throw, Whirlwind(, Entropy Flight), their not being affected by melee combo... and all of which are mod slots you can't use to increase their damage)?

15c) What about having Altfire while in melee-mode immediately throw your thrown melee? Since it doesn't do anything atm.
(Would also dovetail nicely with Reload or Altfire switching modes for the Split Sword, if that ever happens.)
On hold, pending multiwielding.

16) You have tracking data on completed missions. Has there been any talk about unplayed or disliked (e.g. here) mission types?

17) How will 'Damage / Enemy Scaling 3.0' affect status weapons' underpreformance in DE Approved Content enemy-levels compared with crit (or even decent straight-damage) weapons?

17b) Will this finally redeem the Sure Shot et al. mods? (+% status, 15% at rank 5 - where the dualstats give 60% at rank 3)

18) Reticule customisation? Particularly in Archwing, the crosshairs dot can be very hard to see.
--- Credit where credit is due: The new Archwing scope is much less easily lost. Thank you for that.

19) Speaking of Archwing - What about removing aura-inheritence and just giving them an aura slot? Are there any particular cons?

20) Any plans to better integrate Archwing into your loadout selection? If nothing else, to make it clear at-a-glance which AW loadout (by loadout name is probably sufficient) is currently selected.

21) Options to disable/limit screen shake and auto-mantle?

22) Exilus slots have been around for a while now. Are they working as intended vis-a-vis modding flexibility?

22b) Similarly, what are your current thoughts on augments vis-a-vis mod slots? Are they working as intended? What are your thoughts about dedicated aug slots? If that's a possibility, at what point does that just become a 'tech tree' - and as such why not just implement it as one?

23) Any realistic chance that revisiting the combo counter, or at least the bandaid mods Body Count/Harkonar Scope is on the radar? Such as splitting the bonus between base duration and the mod, like the Conclave KD/stagger defense mod - Anticipation, or how staggers work in Lunaro, now.

24) I don't expect Banshee's passive to change, sadly, so:
Since Silence isn't actually 'Silence' so much as 'Deafen', and Banshee has innate weapon silencing for a passive. Any thoughts on changing Silence? Possibly into its PvP/Malice version?

25) The Silver Grove update brought a new batch of auras, the first ever additions.
Do you feel they're serving their purpose? And the Aura 'system' as a whole?
Is anything planned for it?

26) Pablo: Any chance of a 'clipboard' (as in 'copy to/from clipboard' for colors)?
Copy Warframe colors is good, but sometimes I (for instance) want to fit the frame to something else. Or I change my look, don't like it and want to change back.

Edited by Chroia

The problem with mandatory mods? Modding stuff is my favorite thing to do in Warframe, but having like up to 5 mods (depending on equipment type) that are essentially the optimal choice on pretty much every build reduces build diversity quite hard. One solution might be "mod variants" as in having multiple versions of a mandatory mod like Serration with different quirks.