Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon... is it good now ?

Otakuwolf

It's since a while i haven't played him and i wanted to try out after he's been "reworked".

I watched some vids of some peeps and played with him but... is it me or he feels "underwhelming" ? Power sinergy buffs are fine and dandy but the problem i have is that he feels like consuming way too much energy compared to the effectiveness of his powers.

I dunno, as i sayd i don't play him a lot but after the rework i feel like DE was afraid to make him "too good", and to me he could either consume less energy of have his powers strenght ramped up a bit.

He's a support/tank frame like he was meant to be from the beginning. His abilities were always meant to be supplemental for a frame that's primarily weapon combat focused as opposed to acting like a caster frame that heavily relies on spamming abilities.

As far as the rework goes, he's actually a viable choice if you like his intended playstyle.

Edited by Ceryk

5 minutes ago, Ceryk said:

He's a support/tank frame like he was meant to be from the beginning. His abilities were always meant to be supplemental for a frame that's primarily weapon combat focused as opposed to acting like a caster frame that heavily relies on spamming abilities.

As far as the rework goes, he's actually a viable choice if you like his intended playstyle.

^This.^

Oberon wasn't popular, because he wasn't a pew-pew frame. And still is not.

I love running with him solo. His radiation status makes him superb against the Grineer, the Stalker, robots, and world bosses. Nothing like confusing a Bombard, and watching him blow away his friends...

However, I miss his previous passive. I enjoyed my squad of wild kubrow, and turning Drahk/Hyekka against their masters. However, the new pet buffs are nice too.

6 minutes ago, SkeinsOfFitzsimmons said:

However, I miss his previous passive. I enjoyed my squad of wild kubrow, and turning Drahk/Hyekka against their masters. However, the new pet buffs are nice too.

tbh they could have kept the old one and add in the free revive for companion per mission

kinda like ember has both energy regen and power strenght when on fire .-.

He was good berfoe already with the right build, he simply gets overshadowed with damge by obviuos damge frames and healing by Trinity, overall i call him solid still since he can manage to do alot, nothing better then beeing immune to status in radiation sorties with holy groudn or even vay heks energy drain won't hit you with it, same for Kela's rollers not knocking you. I like him more then Trinity to be honest as support.

Edited by Marine027

1 hour ago, SkeinsOfFitzsimmons said:

^This.^

Oberon wasn't popular, because he wasn't a pew-pew frame. And still is not.

I love running with him solo. His radiation status makes him superb against the Grineer, the Stalker, robots, and world bosses. Nothing like confusing a Bombard, and watching him blow away his friends...

He wasn't popular because he was terrible and couldn't survive fighting his way out of an empty paper bag. Now that he isn't complete trash anymore he won't be popular because he isn't a super spammy, laser beam frame :P

I prefer his new passive, though I think it should have included a damage buff...

Edited by Ceryk

Everything Oberon can do, all frames can do better. He needs a huge buff still because how underwhelming he is.

Inter-ability dependency needs to stop in this game, making them worse than they were before. You use more time and resources to get the job done while other frames can do it in one button.

I enjoy him and I have been able to hold up my end on the teams. 
Just play him yourself and decide if you like him, not everything has to be min/max.
Look up builds to take advantage of his abilites
Use streamline, so many players I have heard energy resource complaints from don't use that mod. 

4 hours ago, Ceryk said:

He wasn't popular because he was terrible and couldn't survive fighting his way out of an empty paper bag. Now that he isn't complete trash anymore he won't be popular because he isn't a super spammy, laser beam frame :P

I prefer his new passive, though I think it should have included a damage buff...

In all honesty, I never had trouble soloing with him.

Maybe, it was just me. But, I don't take negative opinions into account until I get my claws on said warframe or weapon.

4 hours ago, Viedra_Lavinova said:

Everything Oberon can do, all frames can do better. He needs a huge buff still because how underwhelming he is.

Inter-ability dependency needs to stop in this game, making them worse than they were before. You use more time and resources to get the job done while other frames can do it in one button.

Oberon tho is the only frame that gives persistent armor buff and health regen for all allies. So many health frames enjoy this benefit and Oberon can play also without managing powers. Activate iron renewal and play forever with guns and swords, occasional carpet and reckoning for soften enemies. Shoot things, be a rage powered health dispenser for everyone who will not die from even 1+ hours survival.

There is no frame currently in the game for such cooperation except Trinity and Nidus. Nidus tho has mostly powers for soloing because stack-building and Trinity requires tedious ability use to keep the team living.

Before the Oberon rework, it was pity and dread to see one in a public team. Now it is relief, because one good Oberon means even the worst team will survive anything.

11 hours ago, Otakuwolf said:

It's since a while i haven't played him and i wanted to try out after he's been "reworked".

I watched some vids of some peeps and played with him but... is it me or he feels "underwhelming" ? Power sinergy buffs are fine and dandy but the problem i have is that he feels like consuming way too much energy compared to the effectiveness of his powers.

I dunno, as i sayd i don't play him a lot but after the rework i feel like DE was afraid to make him "too good", and to me he could either consume less energy of have his powers strenght ramped up a bit.

Once a crap, always a crap,. no matter how many make up you use

If you have an SD video, it is nearly impossible to upscale it to HD

It has to be done from scratch

Oberon will never be that great because he's a hybrid frame. It's not a fault of his design, it' a fault of the game's design.

This game rewards specialization, not a little of everything. There's also enemy scaling which makes even Trinity look useless after a point. So there goes the support portion of his hybrid, Leaving him with CC and while that part is OK;  I'd personally rather use Nyx or Loki who do a much better job and easily negate that once every 90s Phoenix Renewal by simply leaving your team in a less dangerous environment.

.....did someone call Oberon a Tank?

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

Once a crap, always a crap,. no matter how many make up you use

If you have an SD video, it is nearly impossible to upscale it to HD

It has to be done from scratch

As narrow minded as it can get, wow, please do your self a favor and delete yourself you can't accpet that things can and will change.

Then maybe you can stop lifing in your onw little world were Oberons are not welcomed.

I welcome a good Oberon over any cheesy Warframe with one click abilitys or cheep mechanics makign them think they are good.

People already complain about Ash'S rework which basicly not changed that much, but peopel rather cry about actualy mechanics then simple button mashing or overpowered weapons which then get nerfed for them to cry again.

2 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Oberon will never be that great because he's a hybrid frame. It's not a fault of his design, it' a fault of the game's design.

This game rewards specialization, not a little of everything. There's also enemy scaling which makes even Trinity look useless after a point. So there goes the support portion of his hybrid, Leaving him with CC and while that part is OK;  I'd personally rather use Nyx or Loki who do a much better job and easily negate that once every 90s Phoenix Renewal by simply leaving your team in a less dangerous environment.

.....did someone call Oberon a Tank?

And this here basicly, he is good but jsutn ot the best in one thing, a Jack of all Cards but no one trick pony. Simple balanced and it works well even in high level, he simply is not made thou for pure damge or pure support, he is alos not as tanky but still surviveable enough.

Main problems are the players anyway, they call a frame crap but often are exactly those are the people using no Shield or Vitality Mods and jump with 150 Health in a group of level 40 Mobs, sure the frame must be crap then, and yes such happened to me a few times, people jumping in like rambo and die and blame the frame.

Maybe some players should rething of them simply playing the wrong game and it not beeing there personal playground with imaginary god mode cheat on. Those are cancer to the game and should leave it for good if tehy are unwilling to adapt or accept chagnes or simple gameplay (looking again at "masterrace" Loki, failing at rescue dieing at the FRONT DOOR, because never figure map layout out).

34 minutes ago, Iccotak said:

There are lots of hybrid frames in the game. 

Not in a sense of trying to fulfill multiple group rolls at once.

Titania is the only one that comes to mind.

Others can do multiple things but can be specialized enough to focus on one thing. Oberon and Titania are set by design to only have full group value when they use all their roles at once. Unfortunately for Oberon in my case. Healing and Armor does nothing where I tend to play. Which is why I'd prefer Nyx or Loki on my team and why I'd never want a Trinity That's just me though. Oberon has never really been bad, it's just half his kit doesn't scale and the rest can be done better with a more specialize frame.

Oberon is btetter than before. The life regen he is capable of providing allows him and team mates to stay alive up to medium-high levels provided you are smart playing.

One thing to notice, he is capable of providing armor, in a medium power build, he can provide an average of 300 flat armor which is 50% damage reduction. 

This is nothing for high armored frames, but for fragile frames like nova or banshee, it is a hole another level. Not only they have 50% damage reduction as they have a strong life regen. It is a hole another league.