Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Prime The Virus No One Wanted

With the release of Valkyr prime she gave us two Nurf's to the Valkyr warframe both having to do with histeria. the 1st is increased energy per second drain doesn't matter that you're amazing build of energy per second drain is less than 1% NO!! The answer is. you will be spending around 4 or more energy per second drain NO MATTER WHAT BIULD YOU HAVE!! 2nd is the RING OF DEATH upon activating the ability of Hysteria a ring slowly increases in size from 0 to 100% 100% being Max size if at iny time you were to exit  Hysteria with  damage taken while there is a enemy inside your ring you can and might DIE making her unreliable in end game missions, If your a player who likes to run valkyr running low on energy runs and hides from the fight to throw down energy pads then be my guest.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)AtomicEyekon said:

With the release of Valkyr prime she gave us two Nurf's to the Valkyr warframe

Yeah... not quite...
Doesn't seem as if you play Valkyr that much and know enough about her. Do you really want to talk about her then? óÒ

Now. Aside from the fact that I think we all know how her abilities work or at leats know how to google since it's been quite a while..

I disagree.

I used to main Valkyr and she is still my top most used warframe. I used her a lot before and still use her a lot now after the fixes you are talking about.

The all changes were brought to the game to make her kit more challenging and less OP (because let's face it,it was OP) but also to make her more dinamic and less passive.

The expanding aura especially, is in my opinion a GREAT idea,if not for other reasons, even just because it forces people to avoid activating her ulti and just staying in it until the end of the day.

The great thing is that it pushes you to actually do some energy management,use it only when really needed and also provides for a good use for ripline(since riplining higher can give you enought room to deactivate hysteria without having enemies around).

To be completely honest and in my personal opinion, if someone finds Valkyr useless and unplayable after these changes is basically because he never learned to use her but only sitted in god mode all the time.

Edited by Phobesse

I agree Hysteria is a bit much right now but I understand DE's need to discourage players from constantly using it since it's more or less immortal.

I'd say the energy drain is enough though since you can't resuply with Rage so I'm kinda hoping DE reconsiders the ring.

Not sure about consoles, but on PC these changes were introduced 6 months before Valkyr Prime (May 27 2016 and November 22 2016).

As for the changes themselves, they were made in an effort to balance out how powerful Hysteria is. If you're not a fan of the changes DE made to try to balance Hysteria, you're more than welcome to suggest an alternative.

Personally, I've thought for a while now that health drain would be more interesting than energy drain. Especially since Hysteria already has innate life steal (for some reason). Although it would probably have to be a considerable amount of health drain to keep things balanced.

delete immortality and then we can talk about less energy costs.
She is still OP, I have high efficiency build and I'm able to kill a group of enemies in seconds, not running out of energy, turn off and move on. You can't just turn ON and never turn off hysteria.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

I think the issue here would be players who used infinite Hysteria as a crutch when, judging from the fact that it stacks life-steal on top of invincibility, it's actually an emergency super-mode meant to get you out of a hairy situation alive.

Warcry/Endless War Valkyr out-damages Hysteria Valkyr anyway thanks to Acolyte mods and access to combos that are actually worth using, so it's not like her effectiveness as a melee fighter has been impacted much, especially when you consider that almost-permanent invulnerability is just too cheesy to survive a balance pass.

29 minutes ago, (PS4)AtomicEyekon said:

With the release of Valkyr prime she gave us two Nurf's to the Valkyr warframe both having to do with histeria.

No she didn't.  The only changes that came with Valkyr Prime were:

• Increased Mod drop rates for several uncommon Archwing enemies.
  • The Orvius can no longer be sold for Ducats. 

Source

Long time Valk main here, with her as is I am moderately happy. Honestly wish she had got a health buff with the prime but that's besides the point. Her abilities could use some polish (paralysis needs consistency and rip could use a multi target buff or Aug) but despite only having flow prime, rage+qt, and a maxed blind rage (as far as energy related mods) never had energy issues, taken her hours deep in void when that was a thing still, girl tanks just fine through 99% of content (that 1% being lvl200+). Hysteria isn't meant to be sat in. The energy change was one of her better nerfs as before every other game I played had 1-2 players casting hysteria once and never leaving it for the whole mission. Since then I've seen far fewer but the majority of those actually try to play the d@mn game rather than hide in a corner godmoding the whole time. Hysteria is highly usable, and far harder to abuse as it should be.

Edited by DarcnyssWolfe

I will have to disagree with you on this point. 

First and most important hysteria is literally god-mode and by introducing energy drain ramp up was great because one can't simply stay immortal for longgg time. 

Second with radius on hysteria one cant just smash LMB then run out of energy then just yolo out and pop a pizza rinse and repeat.

Also warcry(with augument)  with 90% armor and speed increase with war and life strike and tempo royale can sustain my health for nice amounts of time. 

Adapt and move on.

Ps: I agree with your title. This abomination led me to quit warframe multiple times in the past 6 months. Change your builds, do tests, try new things. That's what you should do. She is still my most played frame for a reason. 

Edited by Stoner74

WhiteMarker Fine = 4x my original build cost no matter what planet you live on that's not ok

Multiple people are saying staying in hysteria for long periods of time is bad is a problem for more than an hour how can we have this has everyone forgotten about T4 survivals in the void? Because yes it would totally be okay to come out of histeria in there. do we have T4 survivals no but the concept is still the same you can go into any Mission stay in as long as you want make a level scale and it's always going to be a problem.

First of all, all changes to Valkyr happened months before Valkyr Prime's release, and Valkyr Prime is nothing but stronger than vanilla Valkyr. What are these nerfs?

Second, Hysteria's updated energy costs actually start lower than previously, scaling upward the longer she stays invincible. If you use the godmode in short bursts when needed instead of staying in it for minutes at a time without purpose, you spend very little energy even with very simple builds. I run a little bit of Efficiency and Duration on her and still have the Energy to use her other skills and even channel her melee attacks here and there.

Third, the self-damage on deactivation element of her 4 stacks based on how much damage is ignored by her ult, not over time. If you Hysteria for 10 seconds and don't get hit by anything, coming out of Hysteria is harmless no matter how close enemies are. I will regularly deactivate Hysteria right next to enemies and only take minor damage to my shields, because as a highly mobile deathball I'm taking very little damage in Hysteria, because turning the ult on doesn't mean I have to turn my brain off. The "ooh, self-damage, rip Valkyr" mentality is the cry that comes from players who previously were using Hysteria as a crutch to avoid damage entirely. Considering that by doing this with old Valkyr they were being pretty cowardly, running to a faraway corner to dispell their invincibility now seems fair. For the rest of us Valkyr players who realize that you still have to play smart while invincible and that she'll inevitably take a little damage here and there, it's not an issue.

The whole point of the Valkyr rework was to keep the invincibility mode that many players loved, but give some kind of game balance and mitigate the potential for players to lazily exploit that power. Valkyr is just as effective as ever. All a Tenno needs to do is use Hysteria when needed for as long as needed, not use it to stand around face-tanking damage and not to stay in it for minutes at a time. Why spend so much effort keeping her invincible when she has crazy high Armor, an ult that heals her and access to a mod that turns health damage into energy?

as a valkyr main i have to say that those weren't nurfs they were proper balancing. i have never even noticed the damage from leaving hysteria no mater how much got built up or how many enemies could see me. also hysteria was stupid broken before your alleged nurfs.

You are spewing nonsene lol. With an efficiency + duration build you can maintain hysteria for around 3 minutes on max drain (assuming you have primed flow on valk p) and the ring of death is barely a setback.

I honestly don't even use Hysteria, Atterax with Life Steal and trading all those mods you use to make Hysteria last longer for defense mods will give you a self healing dervish with greater reach, less energy drain, and the ability to use your other weapons. Throw on Naramon for increased damage output and staying power.

48 minutes ago, UvBenServed said:

Personally, I've thought for a while now that health drain would be more interesting than energy drain. Especially since Hysteria already has innate life steal (for some reason). Although it would probably have to be a considerable amount of health drain to keep things balanced.

Not better or worse, I don't think. It would just flip her gameplay upside-down. Spending energy, the flow of Valkyr now is to fight until enemies grind down your health, then turn on 4 mid-fight and heal back up while continuing the onslaught. If Hysteria spent health instead, 4 would be best at the start of the fight and would have players go as long as they could manage before deactivation. The upside to this is that she'd have stronger engage, but the downside is that she'd become quite vulnerable in longer engagements. I prefer the spending of energy, but I would certainly experiment with an augment that spent health instead.

As a very long time ex valk main I have to say it was a nerf, before the dead of her ult she was fun... a lot of fun. Now she has a bunch of def and an attack speed buff, thats it... oh right, and her prime looks awesome... for me at least. I don't play her anymore.

Oh and invincibility? Take a look at wukong... he isn't even limited to melee and can hide in a cloud with godmode still activated.

Edited by O.O_

SenorClipClop-short bursts Rino momentarily haveing ironskin,Loki momentarily having invisibility, Wukong momentarily having invincibility,Ivara momentarily having invisibility 

when people build these warframes they build these powers to last as long as they can to the best of their ability they don't build the Warframe for SHORT BURSTS !! 

24 minutes ago, (PS4)AtomicEyekon said:

WhiteMarker Fine = 4x my original build cost no matter what planet you live on that's not ok

I hope you can explain what you mean. I have no freaking clue.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)AtomicEyekon said:

Multiple people are saying staying in hysteria for long periods of time is bad is a problem for more than an hour how can we have this has everyone forgotten about T4 survivals in the void? Because yes it would totally be okay to come out of histeria in there. do we have T4 survivals no but the concept is still the same you can go into any Mission stay in as long as you want make a level scale and it's always going to be a problem.

Why do you have to stay in Hysteria the whole time? Why not dropping out of it from time to time?
Why can't you plan ahead and not do that while being surrounded by 300 enemies?
I say it again: You don't seem to be someone, who should complain, because you seem to have problems playing the game in general...

2 minutes ago, (PS4)AtomicEyekon said:

SenorClipClop-short bursts Rino momentarily haveing ironskin,Loki momentarily having invisibility, Wukong momentarily having invincibility,Ivara momentarily having invisibility 

when people build these warframes they build these powers to last as long as they can to the best of their ability they don't build the Warframe for SHORT BURSTS !! 

-EV Trinity

-Nuke Limbo

-Savage Banshee