Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Prime The Virus No One Wanted

47 minutes ago, DarcnyssWolfe said:

Long time Valk main here

20 minutes ago, Wrum said:

as a valkyr main

10 minutes ago, O.O_ said:

As a very long time ex valk main

How do you "main" a warframe? I can understand in games like Overwatch and such, but main in Warframe? Come on...

Edited by Stoner74

29 minutes ago, (PS4)AtomicEyekon said:

Multiple people are saying staying in hysteria for long periods of time is bad is a problem for more than an hour how can we have this has everyone forgotten about T4 survivals in the void? Because yes it would totally be okay to come out of histeria in there. do we have T4 survivals no but the concept is still the same you can go into any Mission stay in as long as you want make a level scale and it's always going to be a problem.

Some of this still like to do survivals and endurance runs. Plus, if there's void pop ups like survivals it's worth staying for such a long time.

1 minute ago, (PS4)AtomicEyekon said:

WhiteMarker-because you seem to have problems playing the game in general...

you must be very unsecured with yourself to constantly put down other people

An advice: Stay respectful and on-topic if you don't want this thread locked.

4 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

How do you "main" a warframe? I can understand in games like Overwatch and such, but main in Warframe? Come on...

You play mostly or exclusively one frame...

The devs aren't balancing the game for T4 survival endurance runs. They aren't going to give a frame unlimited invincibility for a sustainable amount of energy, just like they won't care about how level 350 enemies can kill players in one hit. The obsession with late game endurance runs skews feedback for the devs so much, I wish people would understand that the concept is an unintended consequence of Endless missions, not a supported feature.

17 minutes ago, O.O_ said:

You play mostly or exclusively one frame...

But no one plays exclusively one single frame. Hence why I say you can't really "main" a frame in this game. The term is incorrect. 

I don't get why people still complain about Hysteria's energy drain.

Hysteria's energy drain at default energy efficiency caps off at 15 energy/sec.

Mesa's Peacemaker drains energy at 15 energy/sec, but unlike Hysteria that ramps up, Peacemaker starts off at that drain rate.

Mesa doesn't have an invincibility phase or any mobility during Peacemaker like Valkyr's Hysteria does, and yet you don't see any Mesa players complaining about Peacemaker's energy drain, so why are people still complaining about Hysteria's energy drain?

24 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

But no one plays exclusively one single frame. Hence why I say you can't really "main" a frame in this game. The term is incorrect. 

Not incorrect, I only switch to Ash when doing spy and Banshee when I am lazy with the interceptions. All other missions, Valkyr all the time.

59 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

Very few missions actually require players to use SPECIFIC warframes and even that is tenuous at best.  In my YEARS of playing warframe the ONLY missions that require certain frames are usually LONG defense missions where you are protecting something (or raids (kinda)).  If you are unable to main something you are either not geared enough or the people you play with aren't geared enough because once you get to the point where you can smack down everything like a fly the game becomes much more liberating.

Edit: P.S. Maining a warframe isn't EXCLUDING all other frames btw.  It's the frame you default to, the frame you'd choose above all others if given the choice.

Edit2: How you came to this conclusion about what "Maining" means is confusing for me, because lets say... irl at a circus you see the main event, yet there are other side-shows.  Or if you go to college you choose a "Major" (Aka what you are mainly focusing on) but that doesn't mean you learn nothing else lol.

Edited by achromos

9 minutes ago, O.O_ said:

I do and a lot of other players do. Valkyr is still my most used frame... the term is correct.

Incorrect. Most used frame has nothing to do with "main". I have Valkyr as most used frame, too and play her a lot. Still not a "main". The term is wrong for this game, because it will often require you to play different frames. Or you might get bored.

I will stop there, I kinda feel arguing over this is pointless.

3 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

Incorrect. Most used frame has nothing to do with "main". I have Valkyr as most used frame, too and play her a lot. Still not a "main". The term is wrong for this game, because it will often require you to play different frames. Or you might get bored.

You're right to stop, you clearly have no clue what a main is... and still you started arguing about it.

21 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

I will stop there, I kinda feel arguing over this is pointless.

Not incorrect. Switchting to other frames here and there is like switching to your alt a bit in other MMOs. So you can main a warframe...

I started playing Valkyr after the nerf peole are talking about, i play Valkyr Prime and have no issue with the way Hysteria works, i mean what, it used to be better?? wow.

I use it as a health replenishment option and therefore only ever have it active for roughly 30 seconds max.  As for the circle of death, ive never had it affect me, ever.  When i want out of hysteria i point to the sky, bullet jump and de-activate Hysteria at the peak of the jump.  Not sure if this is a legit way around it or if i just get lucky every time.

I much prefer spammimg Warcry for team mates than relying on having enough energy to stay invincible forever, it just means Hysteria needs a little energy management to ensure you can activate it for a health top up.  The amount of energy enemies drop, this is never really a problem.

2 hours ago, O.O_ said:

You're right to stop, you clearly have no clue what a main is... and still you started arguing about it.

Because using the word main in this game is extremely stupid when the only thing to "main" is, in some cases, only smashing a button.

I'm truly done now, goodbye.

4 hours ago, (PS4)AtomicEyekon said:

SenorClipClop-short bursts Rino momentarily haveing ironskin,Loki momentarily having invisibility, Wukong momentarily having invincibility,Ivara momentarily having invisibility 

when people build these warframes they build these powers to last as long as they can to the best of their ability they don't build the Warframe for SHORT BURSTS !! 

And I'm telling you that if you're building Valkyr for Hysteria, using her 4 in short bursts is more efficient and player-friendly. When I say "short", I mean anywhere from 15-60 seconds at a time. You can still stay in Hysteria for a while, but trying to stay in it for a whole mission is excessive and unnecessary.

The longer you stay in Hysteria (after a certain point):

• it costs more and more energy.
  • it increases your self-damage on exit of Hysteria.
  • it makes the self-damage zone larger.

Literally all of these issues are solved just by toggling off Hysteria when you don't need it, or after a minute of having it active. (And also by not using 4 to lazily facetank damage.) Valkyr's kit is even built with very obvious clues that a player should take breaks from Hysteria. The power has innate lifesteal, which doesn't serve a purpose if you're using Hysteria at full health.  She also has the highest base Armor stat in the game. Why would a Warframe with high Armor need to stay invincible?

Try this: start a fight without Hysteria, keep going until you get fairly low on health (her high Armor keeps you pretty safe). When you're low, press 4 and continue fighting. Hysteria's lifesteal will get you back up to full health. Turn off 4 when all the enemies near you are dead. Rinse and repeat. If you have the Rage mod equipped on her, the damage she takes from the first part of the fight gives her the energy for Hysteria FOR FREE. Enemies take your health and give you energy, Hysteria spends that energy and gives you back the health, and you slay your enemies throughout.

There are many Tenno providing solutions to the problems you have with Valkyr. It's not a Valkyr problem. What is it you aren't getting?

7 hours ago, (PS4)AtomicEyekon said:

SenorClipClop-short bursts Rino momentarily haveing ironskin,Loki momentarily having invisibility, Wukong momentarily having invincibility,Ivara momentarily having invisibility 

when people build these warframes they build these powers to last as long as they can to the best of their ability they don't build the Warframe for SHORT BURSTS !! 

I am not sure what are you talking about.

Rhino Ironskin doesn't last forever, you get damage, you lose it. Loki invisibility you have to recast. Ivara needs to replenish energy, can't stay invisible forever.

You want godmode forever? Yeah, no, that's not going to happen. Learn to play her again. I have no issues with her hysteria at all. And seriously, t4 survivals? The game can't be balanced around something only a few people with a lot of free time do. Endgame is sorties now. Balancing for long endurance survival runs is a deviation from the norm, and seriously, there is no need to do that at all, except for bragging rights.

Anyway, I'm not going to bother reading all the other comments but off of your thread, there isn't an issue with Valkyr. If you're using valkyr exclusively for hysteria, then you clearly don't know what you're doing. Yes, Valkyr was previously nerfed because many simple minded players that never used valkyr saw that you could use hysteria for over a minute. Thus, DE saw that it was a bad choice and made changes to the present valkyr we have right now. IT was overpowered because players were able to cheese the game, now its a bit more balanced.

TL:DR Don't build valkyr exclusively for hysteria. It's not needed and it should instead be used for the moments when you need to revive or gain health.

Spoiler

Oh and yes you can main a frame. I don't care what your definition of a main is. But if I play a particular frame exclusively then yes I'm going to say that I main a frame.

Edited by Calwon5

12 hours ago, (PS4)AtomicEyekon said:

With the release of Valkyr prime she gave us two Nurf's to the Valkyr warframe both having to do with histeria. the 1st is increased energy per second drain doesn't matter that you're amazing build of energy per second drain is less than 1% NO!! The answer is. you will be spending around 4 or more energy per second drain NO MATTER WHAT BIULD YOU HAVE!! 2nd is the RING OF DEATH upon activating the ability of Hysteria a ring slowly increases in size from 0 to 100% 100% being Max size if at iny time you were to exit  Hysteria with  damage taken while there is a enemy inside your ring you can and might DIE making her unreliable in end game missions, If your a player who likes to run valkyr running low on energy runs and hides from the fight to throw down energy pads then be my guest.

OP, I don't know what you're doing with your Valkyr, but I'm gonna say that it's almost certainly wrong: I use Valkyr a lot with a Hysteria build: I did before the rework, and I still do now, even though it seems War Cry and Prolonged Paralysis builds seem to be more in vogue now. I never have problems with the energy drain using a duration + efficiency build with moderate power strength and Primed Flow. only vs the absolute most ridiculous enemies such as that level 120 juggernaut did I have to start using energy pads, and the Radius is not bad as long as you remember to back off when your energy gets low.

you can also gain energy in Hysteria from orbs, which usually drop quite often if you're killing enough enemies, and While I thinks it's been patched now, there was a bug where Rage still worked on Toxic clouds while using hysteria, great when fighting infested. and that's another thing: do you even Rage bruh? and by that I don't mean getting salty, I mean do you have the mod fully maxed? because if not, you should. you want minimal shields, maximum armour and with Rage you are never left wanting for energy.

I'm convinced that you think Valkyr is bad because you don't know how to play her.

12 hours ago, (PS4)AtomicEyekon said:

With the release of Valkyr prime she gave us two Nurf's to the Valkyr warframe both having to do with histeria. the 1st is increased energy per second drain doesn't matter that you're amazing build of energy per second drain is less than 1% NO!! The answer is. you will be spending around 4 or more energy per second drain NO MATTER WHAT BIULD YOU HAVE!! 2nd is the RING OF DEATH upon activating the ability of Hysteria a ring slowly increases in size from 0 to 100% 100% being Max size if at iny time you were to exit  Hysteria with  damage taken while there is a enemy inside your ring you can and might DIE making her unreliable in end game missions, If your a player who likes to run valkyr running low on energy runs and hides from the fight to throw down energy pads then be my guest.

After the nerf (that happened quite some time before time before prime release) i can still keep hysteria on for 1+hour.  Easily over 2h against infested.

its a nerf to hysteria for non minmaxed engame builds -even if valk actually aint an endgame frame.

and for non-endless content you can still be invincible with an eternal war build, yes you arent technically invincible but, well you are.

i would complain more about her kit, that has very little sinergy and does a poor job for the team.