Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endura?

Vafthrudnir

3 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

-snip-

I think at this point it is mostly a preference thing of whether you prefer crit or status. I have seen a lot of arguments about which is better lately in general (crit/status), but I think both at least in melee, are very, very strong right now. At this point I think in general crit and status are close enough as makes no odds depending on how you mod and what frame synergies you use, it really comes down to preference. 

I know cool effects are neat, but not every weapon is going to have a gimmick. I think this was a variation to a weapon type done right. Debatable which is better, both require drastically different modding, both will do fine in sortie 3 and higher for endurance if you have the right mods and warframe setup. DE is getting better at building sidegrades lately IMO. 

6 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

It would be better if the puncture and slash stats were switched. Would be a pretty decent weapon for slash + status.

Yeah, but a rapier with more slash than puncture damage wouldn't make too much sense.

5 hours ago, Reifnir said:

Only so many mod slots on a weapon, though. You'll want Condition Overload, Weeping Wounds, (Primed) Pressure Point, (Primed) Fury and Drifting Contact. That's five mod slots already. You'll definitely want Viral, so either 60% cold+toxin dualstats to reach 100% status faster or two 90% mods for more damage. Last slot is either Heat or Electricity, neither of which is that powerful and exists solely to power Condition Overload. Not a lot of breathing room, tbh. 

Another thing to consider, where is it supposed to shine, exactly? Relentless Combination+Body Count+Blood Rush Destreza is more than enough to destroy anything up to and including Sortie-level enemies, despite the fact that you're unlikely to reach really high combo counters. And pushing into very long runs way past Sortie levels (especially solo ones) will tip the scale in favor of Destreza, since you can be expected to consistently sit at 4.0 - 4.5x multiplier, pushing into guaranteed red crits with True Steel. 

Mind you, I'm not saying it's bad. It's a viable alternative to Destreza, especially in low combo counter scenarios and if you're willing to put time and multiple Formas in (at least 3 more than Destreza on top whatever your build needs, since you'll need to polarize a stance slot, compensate for the absence of a native V-polarity and spend one to build it in the first place, being a clan tech and all).

Still, seeing how new weapons often come out with unique mechanics (Hirudo, Lesion, Venka Prime, Dark Split Sword, Ohma, Caustacyst - the list goes on) you'd expect something better than just a status sidegrade to an existing crit weapon. 

Well, this is the first new Rapier we've had in a while, so I don't really blame them for being cautious. At the very least, DE did do Destreza what they did to the Nikana.

2 hours ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Well, this is the first new Rapier we've had in a while, so I don't really blame them for being cautious. At the very least, DE did do Destreza what they did to the Nikana.

It's our second Rapier period, so our next one might be a hybrid crit/status.

• 1 month later...

I am formaing the Endura, but there another two additional points to consider.

• The Endura is a status weapon with low critical, so it is not very useful with Naramon's Shadow Step
  • The Endura is slower, but Vulpine Mask's Hidden Flourish  combo is easier to pull of with a slower weapon

• 1 month later...

As said before Endura can outdamage Destreza (and by far) with the best mod builds they both have (yes there's one for each). And surprisingly they are Top Tier (especcially endura): Taking down lvl125+ enemies with easy... problem is how strong is your warframe to take the fire hahah.

Solo T4 by 60-90 minutes till you get bored, Destreza is great at the beggining but alike someone that grows to fast gets past by the others in the end.

Endura 1 x 0 Destreza