Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why force people to play in Fortress just for a new Stance?

Multicom-EN-

Searching for caches tends to be less mind numbingly boring, and also less rng way to acquire something, than a rare drop off an enemy with other rare drops in their table. 

This is actually less of a grind than the other stance in the Kuva Fortress by a strong margin. And why not add more stuff in the Kuva Fortress tables to make us go there? It is a cool map that they spent a lot of time on. As time goes on, they are only going to add more reasons for us to go there... we might as well get used to it. It's a part of the game now -- Kuva Fortress isn't going anywhere. 

5 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Searching for caches tends to be less mind numbingly boring, and also less rng way to acquire something, than a rare drop off an enemy with other rare drops in their table. 

This is actually less of a grind than the other stance in the Kuva Fortress by a strong margin. And why not add more stuff in the Kuva Fortress tables to make us go there? It is a cool map that they spent a lot of time on. As time goes on, they are only going to add more reasons for us to go there... we might as well get used to it. It's a part of the game now -- Kuva Fortress isn't going anywhere. 

you know... "why there is no kuva in kuva fortress?" - Devstream #92

6 minutes ago, Jobistober said:

Community has been asking for more reasons to play Kuva Fortress, so there it is.

This.

This topic is another instance of the community sending absolutely mixed signals and then expecting DE to just do something about it.

5 minutes ago, Jobistober said:

Community has been asking for more reasons to play Kuva Fortress, so there it is.

yeah farming for a singular stance by opening caches is very much dealing with the lack of reasons to go there.... the best bit is its for a machete, one of the weakest if not the weakest weapon types in the game....

Just now, LSG501 said:

yeah farming for a singular stance by opening caches is very much dealing with the lack of reasons to go there.... the best bit is its for a machete, one of the weakest if not the weakest weapon types in the game....

Obviously DE can't make everyone happy.

2 minutes ago, Jobistober said:

Obviously DE can't make everyone happy.

No but when people are saying they want a reason to go to the kuva fortress it wasn't to go hunt for a singular stance.... it's basically DE 'fulfilling the request' with the least amount of effort necessary on their part.

Edited by LSG501

Just now, LSG501 said:

No but when people are saying they want a reason to go to the kuva fortress it wasn't to go hunt for a singular stance.... it's basically DE 'fulfilling the request' with the least amount of effort necessary.

So what's your big idea? What do you expect them to add? Apart from Kuva, which would at this point cause people to not really do kuva siphon and flood missions so much, which are their own unique thing, what would you even add? 

And I know so many people think it should be "obvious" that there should be kuva, but why? If it is so important to them, would they just leave it lying around in caches? 

Anyways, I don't get why people are so upset. So you have to go to the Kuva Fortress? It's a pretty cool tile, but if you hate it that much, you can always get plat other ways it buy it from someone who farms it. The stance is easier to get than a lot of new stances these days... most are rare drops off rare enemies with other rare drops. What's the reason to complain this time?

Apart from "put kuva there" the community has hardly been full of good ideas on WHAT to add to the Kuva fortress to make people go there more. 

I just want to be able to farm Kuva on the fortress. That's it. The Neural Sensors that drop were a good start but having it drop Kuva would make it perfect, IMO. Maybe enemies should drop minimal amounts of it or have it on each of the rotations or something of the sort. I'm just sick of doing the repetitive, monotonous, boring, and unrewarding Kuva Siphons.

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

So what's your big idea?

Quick suggestions that have been put forward along with the obvious kuva...

riven mods, nitain, increase the drop of resources from the enemies, increase credit rewards, remove all the common drops from the drop table.  Make the odds of certain things higher so they drop easier, share xp with archwing items if they're equipped (even if not used anywhere like on parts of uranus)

Plenty of things can be done that aren't basically stick one thing in there that people will do until they've got it then move on again. 

4 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

So what's your big idea? What do you expect them to add? Apart from Kuva, which would at this point cause people to not really do kuva siphon and flood missions so much, which are their own unique thing, what would you even add? 

And I know so many people think it should be "obvious" that there should be kuva, but why? If it is so important to them, would they just leave it lying around in caches? 

Anyways, I don't get why people are so upset. So you have to go to the Kuva Fortress? It's a pretty cool tile, but if you hate it that much, you can always get plat other ways it buy it from someone who farms it. The stance is easier to get than a lot of new stances these days... most are rare drops off rare enemies with other rare drops. What's the reason to complain this time?

Apart from "put kuva there" the community has hardly been full of good ideas on WHAT to add to the Kuva fortress to make people go there more. 

You are wrong if you think that, I'd gladly hunt caches for kuva but I dread the siphon missions and I am sure that I am not alone with this. If anything, putting kuva in the KUVA fortress would make more people play it.

25 minutes ago, residente said:

What's your suggestion then? another 0.00001% chance to being droped by a random &#! enemy?

No thanks at least we have a reason to visit the Kuva Fortress which is in fact a pretty cool tileset.

It may be pretty cool, but it's no doubt one of the most annoying tilesets to navigate through, with some of the most annoying things present ingame (Check out Sortie defense for example), then we have the issue with minimap markers too.

This, THIS is why I personally NEVER go there outside of alerts / sorties.

We could put Kuva there, even as a bundle drop of 200 as a rare resource for example, it'd solve ALOT of problems. Siphons would be used and we would see the return of long survival runs farming Kuva too.

Edited by Latiac

4 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

And I know so many people think it should be "obvious" that there should be kuva, but why?

Mostly I agree with your post but I'd just like to say that the Defense is the only mission I think they should have Kuva as a reward for, because the objective in that mission is a Kuva processing machine we've tampered with.  In that one case I'd say "Yes, it makes sense to have Kuva as a reward." because it is actually right there!

27 minutes ago, Multicom-EN- said:

Oh yeah...Nobody plays Fortress, so let's release a new Stance for the awesome Machete to force them to go there!

I assume the drop chance is super low too. Could be wrong though.

People have to stop using the word "force". Just don't go there then. The only reason you feel "forced" is the Pokemon mentality of "must catch them all", so in other words the problem is really in your head.

Given enough time, there will be millions of copies floating about and people will basically be giving them away.

You complain you don't have it, then you get it and spend 10 minutes with it, then never use a Machete again, and move to complain about the next Mod you don't have or need.

2 minutes ago, Momo93 said:

You are wrong if you think that, I'd gladly hunt caches for kuva but I dread the siphon missions and I am sure that I am not alone with this. If anything, putting kuva in the KUVA fortress would make more people play it.

I think you are misreading my post. I am saying that if they put kuva in caches, far too many people would not do siphon missions. DE put a lot of time into siphon missions, which are there own unique thing. If you could get kuva fast enough in fortress, far too many people would stop playing the siphon missions. That's why the don't want that, and that's why they haven't put kuva in the kuva fortress yet, I think. 

1 minute ago, Katinka said:

Mostly I agree with your post but I'd just like to say that the Defense is the only mission I think they should have Kuva as a reward for, because the objective in that mission is a Kuva processing machine we've tampered with.  In that one case I'd say "Yes, it makes sense to have Kuva as a reward." because it is actually right there!

I think that this makes sense thematically, I think they are simply trying to avoid a situation where people largely abandon kuva siphon missions. Imagine if there were a single node that could reliably farm kuva with a mission like defense instead? A lot of people would just farm that one node nonstop and use it for xp while they are at it -- new loot cave, people are on Kuva fortress, but they aren't exploring it, just sitting in one defense node. 

The issue I see is a lot of suggestions besides Kuva are unfortunately just asking for other resources to be shifted there, which means DE has to find something new for those spots. Shifting things has consequences. I think they need some kind of entirely new resource or something to put there, maybe next time they come up with a totally new resource. Right now they are just throwing new things there, and don't really know what they want to do with it yet. I definitely feel like the spy missions have potential, and should have some kind of more interesting rewards, even if they aren't kuva. Perhaps rare archwing mods? I dunno... 

5 minutes ago, residente said:

I don't know the rest, but for me that one was helluva fun.

Fun for you because the $&*&*#(%& operative in your run, probably didn't stay inside the gas area for the whole duration of the mission.

Come on, let me insult the dimwit!!! I'm pretty sure even the mods here are pissed at that operative.

Edited by DreadWarlock
Joke

1 minute ago, DreadWarlock said:

Fun for you because the $&*&*#(%& operative in your run, probably didn't stay inside the gas area for the whole duration of the mission.

Oh, believe me he did, a lot, and that was troublesome, and made the mission harder, but I still had fun though.

Edited by residente

3 minutes ago, DSpite said:

People have to stop using the word "force". Just don't go there then. The only reason you feel "forced" is the Pokemon mentality of "must catch them all", so in other words the problem is really in your head.

Given enough time, there will be millions of copies floating about and people will basically be giving them away.

You complain you don't have it, then you get it and spend 10 minutes with it, then never use a Machete again, and move to complain about the next Mod you don't have or need.

So. Much. This.