Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are your most and least fun frames/builds to play as?

Jackviator

They don't have to be meta, they don't need to be your "main" frame. Hell, they don't even need to be remotely viable. I just want to know what the community's opinions are for the most fun frames, the most boring frames, the reasons for both, and maybe what build you use to make something fun.

For me, the most fun frame to play as would have to be a Terminator/Assimilate Nyx, or a Sanic Speed (300% strength+ all speed mods) Volt. One turns me into an unstoppable tank that can no-sell anything, and the other turns me into the Flash, respectively.

The grand prize, however, goes to an IWI Frost, because I love Snipers, and that's one of the few builds that makes them viable.

Least favorite: Ember. (DE plz, give her something other than "do non-scaling fire damage in an area" or "do a bit of CC and make it so you do slightly more fire damage in an area." Plz.)

I've always enjoyed Atlas's punching build. Cheesing Sorties with Wukong and defending excavators with Zephyr's Turbulence is fun too.

Ash, Hydroid and Oberon are the top 3 most boring frames to me at the moment. Limbo sure as hell is the most annoying in team play.

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime

My most boring build to play is Ember World on Fire. I rarely use her, unless I'm in a hurry and I just want to end the mission quickly. Usually exterminate missions.

The build I like most is kinda hard to chose one, I like Nidus because you have to get kills in order to use the other abilities and it's not just press 4 to win.

Most fun frame? At the moment it's Nidus for multiple reasons. He has a cool theme and can do a bit or everthing, but that scaling damage though. Fantastic.

Least fun Frame? Trinity. She's great at her job but she's boring to play as. Just heal and give energy, that's all really. I'm more of a solo player so her kit doesn't suit me.

Edited by (PS4)Snakeboy1990

Most Fun: Excalibur. Either Radial Blind and Slash Dash focused or Exalted blade focused. Though Exalted Blade nobrain spamming gets boring, it reminds me of some of my favorite characters in anime (obviously). 

Other than that, Excalibur feels like a frame balanced for both Solo and team play. I can reasonably tackle any challenge in the game with Excal, and he feels nice to play (except that his movement speed sucks &#!.) 

Least Fun? I don't really have one, I guess. I haven't played all of the Warframes, but all of the Warframes that I've played I can find a least a little enjoyment in. But from looks, I would say Atlas. Not only is he a pain to acquire, he's also not really that viable from what I've gathered. His Ore Gaze is like Spectral Scream, and about as useless. His Landslide is a slightly better Slash Dash in terms of enemy damage, and it pisses me off. Bulwark isn't as useful in game as it sounds on paper and I've experienced that first hand. And his Rock Golems are just annoying. 

Most favourite currently : Oberon ( Despite not having a skin and looking absolutely hideous right now with my color scheme, at least the prime version is coming out soon )

It's been long since I actually had to think my modding through. He's likely to be the one I'm enjoying the most right now.
He simply feels different from the usual 90% damage reduction/invisibility/100% armor removal Meta so it's refreshing to change.

Least favourite : Either Trinity or Hydroid, spending entire mission doing nothing but spamming powers feels rather terrible.
Too much support going on for Trinity, casting link while holding blessing and keeping everyone's energy maxed doesn't give you much time to actually be a space ninja.

Hydroid requiring you to Spam tentacles for loot or Corrosive Barrage all day long to get good results just makes it annoying.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

Favorite: Max strength mods + energy conversion Volt Prime with a Galatine Prime,  extra fun if its a void mission and RNG blesses mah frame with extra power, like 4.5x speed.  its a real SENIC DE HEDGHORG experience.  The Gal P + Whirlwind stance + speed makes you feel like a giant enemy blender on puree.

Least: um, I dunno, Hydroid? I don't want to wait for the tentacles to harvest resources, rather chop in half with Nekros Prime.

Edited by Tachibana_Sanjuro

Well, I cannot decide on a favorite. I use every frame and all seem to serve me well under any situation. I believe the real power relies heavily in the weapons. Through all my hours I'd say a great majority consists of me pulling the trigger on a gun or slashing away with melee.

If I have to give an answer then it would simply be Excalibur or Ash. 

Oh, this will be fun.

My most favorite
Ember with Flash Accelerant. She makes a fantastic damage support frame, enabling near Chroma-levels of damage output squad-wide vs enemies hit by Accelerant in addition to several CC options. She turns any weapon with reliable corrosive procs into a monster, and even gets some impressive damage out of her first ability. (Fire Blast is lame, tho.)

Mesa. A frame that emphasizes raw power, skill and mobility? This is exactly the kind of playstyle I enjoy. Pulling out Peacemaker in the middle of a sliding aimglide, melting half the room in a blink, then holstering her Regulators just in time to land into a slide... Just too cool. Popping her first ability at max Peacemaker multiplier makes for some outrageous damage too, and can be instantly maxed with most bleed-based weapons.

Rhino with Ironclad Charge and Iron Shrapnel. When used effectively, Shrapnel hits harder than Antimatter Drop. Charging into a large mob of enemies and exploding for 250k point-blank damage, then recasting to keep the armor buff? He should have always played like this. Tether Grenades or Ferrox make him incredibly powerful with abilities alone, easily leaving even Chroma's EHP in the dust.

Oberon's rework took away all of Phoenix Renewal's limitations. One-shot insurance for the whole squad, total removal of everyone's squishiness, persistent CC and instant CC options, and a ground finisher setup. No frame but Wukong makes better use of Rage. He has great tools for dealing with all the most dangerous enemies in each faction. Took me a while to find a build I like, but now that I've got it right, he is one of my favorites for lv100+, especially if I'm on vc with my crew.

There are builds I enjoy for nearly every frame in the game, but listing all of them would melt my brain. So onto the negatives.

My lest favorite
I wanted so badly to love Equinox. I tried for so hard and so long. But every build I've used is either absurdly high-maintenance in playstyle, or totally braindead, and several of them restrict form switching to some degree. I'm assuming buildup between forms is mutually exclusive for performance reasons rather than balance... but if at all possible, I would like these limitations removed. I would adore her, then.

Vauban. Sure, you could line every surface of a room with Tripwires and laugh your &#! off. You could use Vortex and disarm enemies to setup finishers. You could support your other forms of CC with radiation+blind from Concuss. You could strip armor with Shredder to kill faster. Or you could just cover every corner of the room with Bastille, which is energy self-sufficient and overlaps in functionality with the rest of his kit. On top of being mutually exclusive with most other forms of CC. It is a mindless, effortless way to play, but is also the best approach Vauban has to any situation. I hate playing him.

Chroma. Just... Chroma in general, really. I don't hate him. But I zone out immediately when I take him into a mission. He gets the most out of any weapon he uses, with no gimmicks or playstyle needed. Just shoot, shoot, shoot, occasionally recast 2 and 3. Including Brief Respite even removes his sole limitation: that period between recasts where his shields are down and he can't gain the armor buff.

Edited by (PS4)BlitzKeir

Most fun: Equinox. I enjoy challenging myself to find a build that benefits both her Day and Night aspects. When I don't feel like treating a mission seriously, I'll just activate maim and wipe through the enemy. Plus, the night form allows me to be supportive when playing with a team.

Trinity (Prime): As a supportive player in nature, Trinity fits me like a glove. I enjoy having gotten to the point where my friend can be his tanky self and not have to worry about dying. Plus, being able to help new players is just... satisfying.

Least: Frost. I don't find much use for him other than defense missions (which is mostly SG). I'm not saying he's useless, I'm just saying he doesn't fit my play style.

14 hours ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

No frame but Wukong makes better use of Rage.

Actually: Inaros and Nidus does a much better use of Rage than any other frame, sorry.

I like playing Inaros more the CC/Healling hybrid of his kit just fits my playstyle.

Least used? I dont remember when I last used Vauban.

Most fun is Ember Flash Accelerant build, go into the mission making everyone else think there's another WoF Ember and boom! Cast Speed, Fire DAmage, CC baby! At least one Tenno will ask "WTF is that buff" 

Least fun probably Wukong or Atlas, never got around to understand them so never got to love them at all. 

My favorite could go 50/50 between Mag and Ash. If I had to pick one, it would be Mag. I enjoy the frame so much. She can do so much damage but she's not tanky, has crazy long casting animations and a fairly small energy pool. It forces you to always be on your toes. It works for me though and is by far my "go-to". Magnetize, Pox and Pull make for a good time. 

My least is Limbo. It's probably my fault because I don't understand the frame and don't want to understand it. I don't even like grouping with a Limbo. 

Favorite: Mag and Banshee are my favorite to play I love lighting enemies up with banshee's sonar for thousands upon thousands in damage. As for mag I think she's just fun to play all around 

Least: Wukong and Rhino are just two play styles I don't like to play and usually dont play unless I have to.

Most Fun: Mirage with all of her weapon dmg buffs and the simulor

Edited by Hypn0t1c

I like playing Nekros, Nezha, Ivara, Wukong, Zephyr, Mesa. These allow me to use my weapons pretty effectively without resorting to map-wide hard CC or area cleaning nuke spam. Some of these offer great durability to keep firing under pressure. I love warframes with mobility powers and unique utility stuff.

Say, Nezha is super mobile and can teleport even around corners or through small openings (he basically made Rhino, Oberon and partially Volt obsolete for me). Zephyr can move through several tiles barely touching the ground and could slow down mid-air to rain death from above. Nekros makes ammo consumption of bullet-hogs manageable, is super durable, provides CC, distraction and utility. Mesa is a pretty tanky gun-frame and able to provide some nice CC with augment and decent range. Wukong can make sharp turns mid air and float freely with Cloud Walker, entering/exiting which also allows to perform finishers on tougher enemies (he is also a good tank, which can shoot and doesn't need arcanes/special weapons to heal). You can also switch between some single-target melee weapon (Covert Lethality Dagger for instance) and staff with large AoE and CC capability. Ivara is a super useful solo-frame, good for thorough map examination, Simaris rep farm, focus farm (her and Limbo are the reasons I don't play Loki anymore).

I dislike Rhino, Mirage, Nova, Ash, Inaros. I don't find playing these fun.

• 2 months later...

Most fun: Any melee build with excal. His slash dash augment has been my go to lately. Easily getting to 4x multiplier on extraction type missions. 

Or my "Deployable" Vauban setup on defense. Vauban with Ferrox, azima, and zenistar. Zenistars disk with vortex is a lot of fun. My azima is radiation and viral with a riven that boosts its status chance. It's more for fun than anything. And the Ferrox is just a beast that I can throw in a pinch.

Or explosive zephyr. Using her augment and tonkor to blast enemies from above is a good time.

Not fun: EV Trinity aka waterboy. World on Fire Ember (except extermination missions). Quake Banshee (talk about zero fun). Loki (he's a great frame just too good). Nidus (the stupid stacks).