Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa

(XBOX)D34thst41ker

Question

I'm pulling Mesa out to do some Focus farming, and figure this is a good opportunity to tweak my build. Unfortunately, I'm not at home, so I can't tell you off the top of my head what I have on my build; instead, I figure I'll basically start from scratch. Here's what I'm thinking:

Aura - I currently have a Dash polarity here. Originally, this was for Energy Siphon, but I have Zenurik's Energy Overflow at Rank 2, so I really don't need it. The obvious replacement would be Corrosive Projection; unfortunately, a group of people bringing Corrosive Projection and Coaction Drift wasn't able to eliminate the armor on Jackal in my experience, so there's apparently a distance component that doesn't extend the radius of that arena. I'm therefore considering swapping back to a V polarity and using Pistol Amp.

Exilus - not really sure. Biggest thing that sticks out is Mobilize. I could also go with one of the elemental Mobility mods (Firewalker, etc.), but Mobilize is much cheaper for nearly the same effect.

Primed Continuity, Primed Flow, Intensify, Stretch, Streamline - basic Power enhancements with no drawbacks.

Vigor - survivability.

Constitution - more Power Duration.

Narrow Minded - increased Duration. Range loss is annoying, but is countered by Stretch, so it's not horrible.

That's what I've got. How badly did I screw it up?

24 answers to this question

1 hour ago, (PS4)bananamuffin-352 said:

If you're building for peacemaker you just want a lot of duration and strength, maybe a little efficiency. Range doesn't seem necessary to me 

For anything else I have no idea 

For Peacemaker you'd want a full Efficiency and Strength build, so that you don't burn through your energy too quick.

I wasn't really stacking Range purposefully; it was more a "cover all bases" thing. I'm not sure how useful Shooting Gallery is with that much Range reduction, but it's the only ability that gets hit by that, so it's not a major problem. As long as it's stopping melee enemies near me, that's the important bit.

I'm planning to use this build to farm Focus, so I should probably just state that it's a Peacemaker build. However, I rarely remember to swap loadouts, so if I can get solid stats on Shooting Gallery and Shatter Shield at the same time, that would be great.

I'll check out that Mesa thread. Thanks.

23 minutes ago, (Xbox One)D34thst41ker said:

I'm not sure how useful Shooting Gallery is with that much Range reduction, but it's the only ability that gets hit by that, so it's not a major problem. As long as it's stopping melee enemies near me, that's the important bit.

Shooting gallery helps jamming more enemies weapons avoid them to shoot at you. If you are going to use her only on Infested than yes, you don't need range at most time.

Corpus and Grineer can shoot... in that case you would need to jam their weapons for better survivability. 

1 hour ago, THeMooN85 said:

Shooting gallery helps jamming more enemies weapons avoid them to shoot at you. If you are going to use her only on Infested than yes, you don't need range at most time.

Corpus and Grineer can shoot... in that case you would need to jam their weapons for better survivability. 

except shooting galery can not be recast making the jam a "bonus" that is so meaningless that you better of discarding range. And mesa shatter shield has damage reduction against bullets and projectiles only, meaning that stripping enemies of their guns and making them go melee hinders you more than them

2 hours ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

For Peacemaker you'd want a full Efficiency and Strength build, so that you don't burn through your energy too quick.

With enough (280%) Duration, you only need Streamline for minimum drain on Peacemaker.

My build goes ever so slightly below that (Transient Fortitude, yo)
but I easily get to keep Peacemaker going for ~quite a while (yay Primed Flow) if I so choose,
all the while being protected / buffed by nicely-long-lasting Shatter Shield and Shooting Gallery.

Peacemaker doesn't need a lot of strength until you get into really tough content, way beyond sortie 3.  Most of your damage should come from your pistol mods.  Intensify by itself will get you to the cap of 95 percent damage reduction on Shatter Shield.  You want max duration for your Shatter Shield and Shooting Gallery.  The only time Mesa is vulnerable is when Shatter Shield is down so you want to put those moments off as long as possible.  

My build: 

Pistol Amp

Intensify

Stretch, Cunning Drift (to put my range back to 94)

Constitution, Primed Continuity, Narrow Minded for Max Duration

Streamline

Primed Flow, Quick Thinking 

Even with this much duration and efficiency, Mesa is very energy hungry.  Carry energy pads to get you going.  I have a 299 strength build as well but is consumes energy so fast I only use it with a good EV Trinity in the party.

16 minutes ago, LycanPT said:

except shooting galery can not be recast making the jam a "bonus" that is so meaningless that you better of discarding range. And mesa shatter shield has damage reduction against bullets and projectiles only, meaning that stripping enemies of their guns and making them go melee hinders you more than them

Except most shooting enemies wont survive to melee you... and Shooting gallery itself is quite CC, causing them to stop and trying to "repair" their weapon, instead of running on you with melee... and in time they starting to go on you... they are dead already.

8 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

Except most shooting enemies wont survive to melee you... and Shooting gallery itself is quite CC, causing them to stop and trying to "repair" their weapon, instead of running on you with melee... and in time they starting to go on you... they are dead already.

which is still totally useless because you need duration to make shatter shield (your true defensive skill) work. In my build 55 secs of non recastable shooting galery is completely unreliable as what survivability is concerned, hence people are better off guttering range with narrow minded to get more duration. I udnerstand what you're saying and you clearly know what the ability does, but your advise is really not that good IMHO, and I am yet to see any range mod be used in a good mesa build

12 minutes ago, (PS4)bananamuffin-352 said:

Both duration and efficiency affect the energy/second of peacemaker 

Even on maxed efficiency and duration Mesa is energy hog... I suggest Zenurik and/or Energize Arcanum. on her... and lots of energy pizzas for long runs.

Peacemaker is the kind of those skills that force you to turn it on and off all of the time, not only to change position but for better use (her "vision" shrinks, sometimes its good if you really need to brutally force dmg into exact enemy, but most of the time it's better to reactivate skill).

49 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

Even on maxed efficiency and duration Mesa is energy hog... I suggest Zenurik and/or Energize Arcanum. on her... and lots of energy pizzas for long runs.

Peacemaker is the kind of those skills that force you to turn it on and off all of the time, not only to change position but for better use (her "vision" shrinks, sometimes its good if you really need to brutally force dmg into exact enemy, but most of the time it's better to reactivate skill).

Yeah, I'm at 6 energy cast cost and close to 4 energy per second it's active and still can't imagine using this without zenurik

These are the two Mesa builds I use the most. I have a Range build but I hardly use it. Mostly for Grineer so I instead just use another frame.

I've taken both builds to lvl 400 Solo Void. The one with Vigor works better when there's Nullifiers around since her CC is less useful against them. The 2nd is more general use, hence, Rush to position quickly.

They both have 99% up time Peacemaker. You just have to move around a bit to pick up orbs. I also use Zenurik, cuz why not.

Spoiler

zwfUKAJ.jpg

First gun loadout is general use or unarmored the 2nd is for lvl 200+ Armored enemies.

Spoiler

9Mut8HO.jpg

She's a good choice for farming Focus, esp since unlike Ember or other choices lvl 40 or lvl 140 won't make much difference in your kill speeds.

Oh.. and the reason to go Efficiency over Duration with Mesa is that Duration will cost you an extra mod slot for the same Drain rates. It also has slightly more energy per minute used due to activation costs but that's not a big deal. It's all about that extra free mod slot for going Efficiency.

9 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Oh.. and the reason to go Efficiency over Duration with Mesa is that Duration will cost you an extra mod slot for the same Drain rates. It also has slightly more energy per minute used due to activation costs but that's not a big deal. It's all about that extra free mod slot for going Efficiency.

On the flip side, going Duration over Efficiency gives you very long durations for Shatter Shield and Shooting Gallery, which is why I've been focusing on it.

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)D34thst41ker said:

On the flip side, going Duration over Efficiency gives you very long durations for Shatter Shield and Shooting Gallery, which is why I've been focusing on it.

Whether or not you think it's worth it, is up to you. I found Peacemaker's mechanics naturally force you out every once in a while anyways so the lower duration didn't matter to me and the addition of a free slot for Primed Vigor, Stretch, Streamline Form, ect was a pretty strong lure. The only duration I really cared about is the window of vulnerability between Shatter Shield casts.

It of course also matters how much Power Strength you want. I take Mesa pretty far in levels most the time so every bit of Power does work. A Mesa with 200% Power does 1.54x more damage than one with 130% Power.

I forgot to mention that CP is the aura of choice even for Solo play. It amounts to a +42.87% increase in damage output against armor. Pistol Amp would amount to a +12% increase in damage output against all enemy types.

9 hours ago, (Xbox One)D34thst41ker said:

What's your current Duration and Efficiency %s?