Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia’s Anthem: Hotfix 20.6.1

[DE]Megan

35 minutes ago, toafarmer said:

It doesn't work properly (well, not unexpected), but if you change back from operator to warframe immediately after breaking the last thing, the buff will count. You gotta be fast, though.

yeah i know, thats how i got my 10k kuva solo dolo few months back. Shouldn't be needing to do this.

Edited by Husla

49 minutes ago, KaeseSchnitte said:

This is probably too late, but here is an idea for Oberon. Give Smite a "secondary fire" by holding the button, that acts exactly as the usual cast, but makes the projectiles seek out different targets. Each target gets a debuff for several seconds. If Hallowed Ground is casted, each debuffed enemy will spawn a small patch of Hallowed Ground beneath him.

i think you need to read properly, his projectiles always seek out other targets, its how it works, and there is a syndicate mod that does exactly what you stated hallowed ground should except its for reckoning lol

49 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Octavia’s Anthem: Hotfix 20.6.1

Oberon Changes

Obaeron, Broberon, Goat Lord...these are just a few of the names bestowed upon our faithful Oberon. With the dedicated amount of continued feedback and passionate discussions about Oberon’s changes, the time has come to release another round of changes! Oberon Prime is right around the corner so the spotlight will be on him like never before. The changes below were brought forth from Dev discussions and by you, our devoted Tenno. Our goal has always been to give synergy to Oberon’s abilities, while still giving him a way to fill multiple roles in battle. We hope these further changes do just that.

Hallowed Ground

• Tweaked Hallowed Ground FX to reduce performance issues.
  • Range Mods now apply 75% to Range (distance from Oberon) and 75% to Arc Angle of Hallowed Ground (before was 25% to Range and 75% to Arc before).  

Renewal

• Oberon’s Renewal now heals friendly summoned units (IE Nekros’ Shadows of the Dead) at 1/3 the rate but consumes 1/3 the Energy drain for doing so. The change to have Renewal not affect friendly summons was met with varying opinions, and is now further tweaked to meet a happy middle ground. 
  • Oberon’s Renewal Armor buff will be applied to allies anytime they step on Hallowed Ground while Renewal is active on them as opposed to them having to be on Hallowed Ground when Renewal hits them.
  • Renewal no longer affects Nidus’ Maggots as to not prevent them from exploding (their intended behavior). 

Reckoning

• Oberon’s Reckoning Armor debuff is now based on the target's base Armor instead of current Armor (meaning no more diminishing returns).

Mag Changes

• Pull, Magnetize, and Polarize can now be cast while in motion - their animations now only take place on the upper body. 
  • Removed the .75 second delay at the end of Mag’s Crush cast.

Changes: 

• Eximus units can now be summoned as Inaros’ Sand Shadows. 
  • Tweaked the Endura Idle FX to better display ‘leafy particles’. 
  • Saved 10MB of RAM and reduced update and startup time for players that installed from Steam or used the Offline-Installer. 

Fixes:

• Fixed being unable to craft the Destreza. This also fixes other items requiring Argon Crystals not being craftable. 
  • Fixed crashing or failing to join when using the /join command to enter a player's mission.
  • Fixed crashing when attempting to enter the Dojo.
  • Fixed extracting as the Operator not applying Boosters to obtained Kuva.
  • Fixed a script error when attempting to Randomize your Warframe appearance in the Arsenal.
  • Fixed retaining the Fissure Primary Weapon buff permanently with Ivara’s Artemis Bow.
  • Fixed the Nidina Armor not properly applying chosen Energy color. 
  • Fixed the Nidina Armor clipping into Frost/Frost Prime and his Skins.
  • Fixed some texture issues on the Ivara Youkai Skin. 
  • Fixed some texture issues on the Repala Syandana. 
  • Fixed seeing an empty screen when attempting to place a Decoration in the Obstacle Course. It’s fully intentional that Decorations are not placeable in the Obstacle Course, but the empty screen was not intended to appear.
  • Fixed underlying/default node's requirements being checked when taxiing to a Sortie mission (ie Kela's Judgement Points).
  • Fixed being unable to select a Relic in an Endless Fissure mission if a Relic was not brought in the mission from the start.
  • Fixed Hosts seeing Clients firing multiple bullets when they only fired one. 
  • Fixed some Pistols having a weird left hand movement when firing.

I just went and ran my oberon in a level 35 to 40 infested defense, and I have to say not good, ok here is what I see to be one of the last things that need tweaking, I had a mesa with us and he did most of the killing, when he was not killing though everyone was running around killing I applied health to all of them for all health bars were dropping I stayed by the cryopod with my hollowed ground active and was guarding it, I ran out of energy so quick it does not work. please fix the drain taking too much if the  ability is suppose to heal everyone in the squad. or if you are going to have it this way allow the focus school to supply energy while ability is active or take a trinities energy. now there is synergy, everyone talking about trinity only good for healing and giving energy to team and consider her boring to run. so make it to one frame compliments the other where oberon can heal the squad and do some killing as well and then trinity can kill and only needs to give some energy, A match made in heaven.

I just went and ran my oberon in a level 35 to 40 infested defense, and I have to say not good, ok here is what I see to be one of the last things that need tweaking, I had a mesa with us and he did most of the killing, when he was not killing though everyone was running around killing I applied health to all of them for all health bars were dropping I stayed by the cryopod with my hollowed ground active and was guarding it, I ran out of energy so quick it does not work. please fix the drain taking too much if the  ability is suppose to heal everyone in the squad. or if you are going to have it this way allow the focus school to supply energy while ability is active or take a trinities energy. now there is synergy, everyone talking about trinity only good for healing and giving energy to team and consider her boring to run. so make it to one frame compliments the other where oberon can heal the squad and do some killing as well and then trinity can kill and only needs to give some energy, A match made in heaven.

4 minutes ago, leadwolf1 said:

that's you issue with your build not oberon or his abilitys, cause its very easy to keep his heal going 24/7 on everyone with no energy issue, instead of finding an issue that isnt an issue(just your setup) try changing it up and experimenting with builds

Still no fix for MAX Primed Regen doing nothing! a lot of times... (or DE keeps stealing my sentinel...)
I've watched it very...very closely... and been in situations in which it would've not been damaged, such as in limbo's rift, and often when it is damaged, it's small enough to track until destroyed first time and just "DEAD" or gets 1 shot from full when enemies are far from level to do such...

Playing Mag now, the changes are aweomse. The mobility is much better with her when using powers. However, I do like the shorter cast time with crush but it isn't as fluid as before. Feels like the animation is too fast. Doesn't feel complete. 

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Pull, Magnetize, and Polarize can now be cast while in motion - their animations now only take place on the upper body. 

Can volt get back his ability to cast discharge (overload) in the air now too?  After all he jumps into the air to cast it anyway.

I think you guys just broke the focus system. Was in a survival, activated naramon, tried to move and my operator was moving with my warframe sitting on the floor.

Edited by Bl4zko

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Oberon’s Renewal now heals friendly summoned units (IE Nekros’ Shadows of the Dead) at 1/3 the rate but consumes 1/3 the Energy drain for doing so. The change to have Renewal not affect friendly summons was met with varying opinions, and is now further tweaked to meet a happy middle ground. 

But why is there extra drain though this still means that Nekros who summons on average his max of 7 shadows still equivalates  to 2 and 1/3 of extra people that add to a drain that's on top of an ability that already has drain. Oberon as is still my favorite frame in looks and cool abilities but the fact that Trinity can just spam 2 and 4 are leaps and bounds above him in team viability ven Mend Equinox or even having Nekros with just his soul punch augment and desecrate because you are not to going to want to heal your team because healing them is a burden on yourself as Oberon more than it needs to be a more than it is on any other frame. This isn't the happy middle ground the middle ground is not having extra drain. Energy cost to cast is fine, energy drain is fine but for an ability that needs at least 200% power strength to be useful it really isn't worth it. Actually that last part can almost be said about all of his abilities. Please either buff his heals or take out the extra energy drain or both I can't see how anyone would be mad with any of these options.

38 minutes ago, xXHobbitXx said:

that's you issue with your build not oberon or his abilitys, cause its very easy to keep his heal going 24/7 on everyone with no energy issue, instead of finding an issue that isnt an issue(just your setup) try changing it up and experimenting with builds

prove it

lets see you use all the abilities effectively not jut build for health to other teammates, produce a full balance frame, on oberon and add it to this page to me.

Edited by leadwolf1
to add more text for explanation

1 minute ago, leadwolf1 said:

prove it

lets see you use all the abilities effectively not jut build for health to other teammates, produce a full balance frame, on oberon and add it to this page to me. I have on mine 125 duration 160 efficiency and 145 range and 145 strengthit is a 5 formed obie which I use to use all the time. So please  what is yours.