Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia’s Anthem: Hotfix 20.6.1

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, MarrikBroom said:

I urge everyone who has an active account to post in the Oberon thread. Please be polite, be very clear in this. One TINY push. That's all that's left. There are many MANY things I would still like, but at the same time this is the most important.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/791407-oberon-feedback-2031-and-beyond

Ideas I've either seen or suggested:

• Allow Zennurik/EV Trinity/Energy Siphon to work either in full or at a reduced value while renewal is active. Equinox apparently allows this behavior so why not Oberon right? While this is tempting, as it appears easy to implement, I have low confidence here as 'what if trinity gets nerfed? What if zennurik changes?' Also I feel this one is too 'I don't have to do anything' which seems to be why they've lengthened the chain on the ability dependency rather than outright removed it like many people (Myself included) have called for. I only put this here for the sake of 'it's been suggested.'

• Change his passive so anything within x meters that dies with a radiation proc refunds a small bit of energy. 15 meters was suggested, I feel 20 would be slightly better since that puts it in smite's default range. Either way I feel this is a good idea since it wouldn't matter where the radiation comes from (Smite, Hallowed ground, reckoning, weapons,) Or how enemies died (rad procs, you, your team, the hostage with borrowed akstelletos, etc) Just so long as they suffer radiation, and die around you.

• Enemies on hallowed ground giving fractions of energy while on hallowed ground. This would fit with their push to make hallowed ground a centerpiece ability. However I fear it would mean people, myself included here, wouldn't want to cast hallowed ground unless they can fly trap enemies on it. However you're already encouraged to use hallowed ground, and it now makes armor stripping completely viable. The downside is ideally enemies wouldn't stay on hallowed ground long enough to refund much energy.

• Enemies dying on hallowed ground refunding energy. I have suggested this one, but as pointed out elsewhere this incentives 'you gotta make sure enemies die on the ooze pile.' However you're already encouraged to use hallowed ground, and it now makes armor stripping completely viable.

• Make Reckoning have a 25% chance to drop energy orbs if an enemy is hit and dies within x seconds. I like this one as it fixes what I feel is the worst offender of Oberon's kit clunk in that currently reckoning has an on kill mechanic, but reckoning isn't designed to kill past low levels, nor do I really want it to as that would make Oberon's 4 'press 4 to win.' Additionally this mechanic now works with the armor strip since you're already encouraged to strip armor out so the goal is to murder the thing quickly.

So, one last push. Will you help the goat out?

I have to agree we need one last push on this for either the cost to be reduced like mortalmercinary and myself have actually ran and mortal went one step further and did the math so you can see the issue , or, another way to receive energy while having the ability renewal toggled. I would be happy to take obie for another ride then and see how far I can get.

Please one last change

DE when it comes to mag I like the fact that you gave magnetized bubbles however I personally think she needs to go back to shield removal the way she was , I use to have fun in that each frame had a purpose and that is why you needed to get all frames and grind for them. now  it is turning into just the shooter game that everyone else has it seems. everyone wants to run ,parkour and get to the end as fast as possible with most kills, I really do not think this is what was intended , Was it? to me when I first started playing my thoughts were , great a non pvp pve game and a team run with all the different frames all having a part , boy , I guess from the way it is going was I wrong, Or was I , What was the designers original thoughts?

3 hours ago, MarrikBroom said:

I urge everyone who has an active account to post in the Oberon thread. Please be polite, be very clear in this. One TINY push. That's all that's left. There are many MANY things I would still like, but at the same time this is the most important.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/791407-oberon-feedback-2031-and-beyond

Ideas I've either seen or suggested:

• Allow Zennurik/EV Trinity/Energy Siphon to work either in full or at a reduced value while renewal is active. Equinox apparently allows this behavior so why not Oberon right? While this is tempting, as it appears easy to implement, I have low confidence here as 'what if trinity gets nerfed? What if zennurik changes?' Also I feel this one is too 'I don't have to do anything' which seems to be why they've lengthened the chain on the ability dependency rather than outright removed it like many people (Myself included) have called for. I only put this here for the sake of 'it's been suggested.'

• Change his passive so anything within x meters that dies with a radiation proc refunds a small bit of energy. 15 meters was suggested, I feel 20 would be slightly better since that puts it in smite's default range. Either way I feel this is a good idea since it wouldn't matter where the radiation comes from (Smite, Hallowed ground, reckoning, weapons,) Or how enemies died (rad procs, you, your team, the hostage with borrowed akstelletos, etc) Just so long as they suffer radiation, and die around you.

• Enemies on hallowed ground giving fractions of energy while on hallowed ground. This would fit with their push to make hallowed ground a centerpiece ability. However I fear it would mean people, myself included here, wouldn't want to cast hallowed ground unless they can fly trap enemies on it. However you're already encouraged to use hallowed ground, and it now makes armor stripping completely viable. The downside is ideally enemies wouldn't stay on hallowed ground long enough to refund much energy.

• Enemies dying on hallowed ground refunding energy. I have suggested this one, but as pointed out elsewhere this incentives 'you gotta make sure enemies die on the ooze pile.' However you're already encouraged to use hallowed ground, and it now makes armor stripping completely viable.

• Make Reckoning have a 25% chance to drop energy orbs if an enemy is hit and dies within x seconds. I like this one as it fixes what I feel is the worst offender of Oberon's kit clunk in that currently reckoning has an on kill mechanic, but reckoning isn't designed to kill past low levels, nor do I really want it to as that would make Oberon's 4 'press 4 to win.' Additionally this mechanic now works with the armor strip since you're already encouraged to strip armor out so the goal is to murder the thing quickly.

So, one last push. Will you help the goat out?

I personally can't agree to most of these things.  Here's my thoughts on them:

• Oberon's healing is better than Nidus' (under a good deal of circumstances); and is dare I say it, closing in on Trinity's.  It's at least in the same general area now, he can see her on the horizon from where he stands with a pair of really strong binoculars.  So being able to regenerate energy while giving his regen and armour (which can turn squishy frames into tanks) is kind of a bad thing for his state of play.  He will get nerfed if that goes on.
  • See above for why energy refunds are bad while regen is active.  Out of Renewal being in play though, I'd actually be more in favour of the later change with another modification (see Reckoning below)
  • Again, see above.  My push for Oberon's Hallowed Ground to be a centre piece is for it to apply armour to allies and debuff enemy armour per damage tick all by itself.  It gains synergy with Smite in that case, while giving the same synergies to the others without the gating mechanic.  You then want to cast Hallowed Ground all the time, whether you're casting Renewal or Reckoning or not.  Renewal becomes a heal on demand/top off on demand, its primary function, with the armour buff (which is timed, similar to how it is when you apply it now with Renewal and then end it) aiding it.  Reckoning likewise can have other adjustments to it without feeling overloaded, and benefits (as Smite does) from the reduced armour (which is mellowed out since it's per tick rather than a large boost of damage).
  • Again, see above.  Worse, this makes it so you either have to stay in one (admittedly now larger) area to gain energy, or spam an energy hungry skill to gain energy?  These both run counter to what the community wanted Oberon to do (be more mobile while doing his thing).
  • The Reckoning change is possibly the only one that makes sense, but what I suggested in another thread (on reddit, the weekend after his release) was that Reckoning apply a debuff to affected enemies that caused them to have a decent (unmodifiable) chance at dropping either a health or energy orb if they died within the next few seconds.  They go up, they come down, light shower of energy/health orbs.  This sounds reasonable without being overpowered, because anything that didn't get killed from the first toss can still be gunned down easily for healing.  

I've been saying that Hallowed Ground thing everywhere I can.  This last update is really close to that, and it made me happier, but it's still gating the mechanics you want behind a (now less) useless skill.  Once the armour buff is applied I still don't feel compelled to use Hallowed Ground again unless I have to recast Renewal.  The armour strip combo with Reckoning is extremely expensive, and my gun can already shred armour (not to mention any number of other frames who can do the job, like Ash), so there's no incentive for me to perform that combo that costs more than half his base energy.

" Oberon Prime is right around the corner so the spotlight will be on him like never before.  "

I wish ASH had the same spotlight when you tried to improve his kit when his deluxe skin was out

11 months and half ago

You can still make it though , it's never too late and there's plenty of feedback and balanced non OP solutions

On 5/26/2017 at 6:08 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Mag Changes

• Pull, Magnetize, and Polarize can now be cast while in motion - their animations now only take place on the upper body. 
  • Removed the .75 second delay at the end of Mag’s Crush cast.

These are nice. Just make polarize remove a percentage again and a few fixes to magnetize then she'll be golden

22 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Oberon’s Renewal Armor buff will be applied to allies anytime they step on Hallowed Ground while Renewal is active on them as opposed to them having to be on Hallowed Ground when Renewal hits them.

OMG thank you for this!!! Trying to get everyone onto the hallowed ground then casting renewal is like trying to get kids to stay in their seat, this change is my favorite out so far.

Okay, now increase Mag's energy pool and give Shield Transference the ability to convert enemies' lost armor (not just shields) into overshields and the rework might finally not be utter trash.

Still not anywhere close to as good as the pre-rework, but at least she'd be useable again.

10 hours ago, Feynt said:

• Oberon's healing is better than Nidus' (under a good deal of circumstances); and is dare I say it, closing in on Trinity's.  It's at least in the same general area now, he can see her on the horizon from where he stands with a pair of really strong binoculars.  So being able to regenerate energy while giving his regen and armour (which can turn squishy frames into tanks) is kind of a bad thing for his state of play.  He will get nerfed if that goes on.
  • See above for why energy refunds are bad while regen is active.  Out of Renewal being in play though, I'd actually be more in favour of the later change with another modification (see Reckoning below)
  • Again, see above.  My push for Oberon's Hallowed Ground to be a centre piece is for it to apply armour to allies and debuff enemy armour per damage tick all by itself.  It gains synergy with Smite in that case, while giving the same synergies to the others without the gating mechanic.  You then want to cast Hallowed Ground all the time, whether you're casting Renewal or Reckoning or not.  Renewal becomes a heal on demand/top off on demand, its primary function, with the armour buff (which is timed, similar to how it is when you apply it now with Renewal and then end it) aiding it.  Reckoning likewise can have other adjustments to it without feeling overloaded, and benefits (as Smite does) from the reduced armour (which is mellowed out since it's per tick rather than a large boost of damage).
  • Again, see above.  Worse, this makes it so you either have to stay in one (admittedly now larger) area to gain energy, or spam an energy hungry skill to gain energy?  These both run counter to what the community wanted Oberon to do (be more mobile while doing his thing).
  • The Reckoning change is possibly the only one that makes sense, but what I suggested in another thread (on reddit, the weekend after his release) was that Reckoning apply a debuff to affected enemies that caused them to have a decent (unmodifiable) chance at dropping either a health or energy orb if they died within the next few seconds.  They go up, they come down, light shower of energy/health orbs.  This sounds reasonable without being overpowered, because anything that didn't get killed from the first toss can still be gunned down easily for healing.  

I've been saying that Hallowed Ground thing everywhere I can.  This last update is really close to that, and it made me happier, but it's still gating the mechanics you want behind a (now less) useless skill.  Once the armour buff is applied I still don't feel compelled to use Hallowed Ground again unless I have to recast Renewal.  The armour strip combo with Reckoning is extremely expensive, and my gun can already shred armour (not to mention any number of other frames who can do the job, like Ash), so there's no incentive for me to perform that combo that costs more than half his base energy.

well as you can see a lot disagree with you, only those who speed run want all frames to have  all mobility move. the game is not designed just and only for speed runs, other wise mobile defenses and regular defenses and excavations would not exist, It would turn into another reg rpg basic single player. those games already exist

Edited by leadwolf1
wrong post

10 hours ago, Feynt said:

well as you can see a lot disagree with you, only those who speed run want all frames to have  all mobility move. the game is not designed just and only for speed runs, other wise mobile defenses and regular defenses and excavations would not exist, It would turn into another reg rpg basic single player. those games already exist. I did read that you want him more mobile with his abilities, but like everything else every frame is suppose to be different and not so much alike.

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:56 PM, Milinko said:

Why and how do you have 5 forma on Oberon and only have those stats I have 3 forma and 200+ PS 140+Duration 100+ range because he doesn't need more quite honestly and 145+ efficiency also using rage Vitality and Quick Thinking. The (+) is because that is the minimum across all the builds so in some builds at least one of those stats are higher. Can't use his augments because he is not viable without one of these builds to me at least I love him but he needs more of a push and I understand it's hard to know how hard to push because he is more complicated now but at the same time he still definitely needs it.

sorry I never answered your question, so 5 because I ran him before they had focus schools so I used equilibrium for health and energy conversion, this mod maxed was 14 points if that's what we call it.

On 5/26/2017 at 10:08 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Saved 10MB of RAM and reduced update and startup time for players that installed from Steam or used the Offline-Installer.

also, thank you :) always love these performance increases if only slight :P