Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia’s Anthem: Hotfix 20.6.1

[DE]Megan

22 hours ago, leadwolf1 said:

well as you can see a lot disagree with you, only those who speed run want all frames to have  all mobility move. the game is not designed just and only for speed runs, other wise mobile defenses and regular defenses and excavations would not exist, It would turn into another reg rpg basic single player. those games already exist. I did read that you want him more mobile with his abilities, but like everything else every frame is suppose to be different and not so much alike.

A lot of people also want Mag to one shot corpus again, and think Nidus is entirely balanced.  ~.^

I don't care about Oberon being a speed runner, and in fact I like that Hallowed Ground is not an aura and is instead a field he places on the ground.  My proposed changes don't make him a speed runner at all though.  They actually make him a more sedimentary frame by making Hallowed Ground a greatly beneficial skill.  You'll want to hang around the field so that enemies will wander onto it and lose armour.  HG's central mechanic becomes armour manipulation, which greatly affects the rest of his abilities.

My fear against energy regen/refunds is everything proposed has the potential to make him an infinite energy gainer.  Quick Thinking/Rage already makes him basically invincible when he has Renewal going, but what's being proposed basically says "We don't want Rage, we want to use another mod, let's make it so that when we hurt things we get energy!"  Does this not sound broken?  If Oberon restored 5 energy per enemy that got hurt on HG, he'd have infinite energy in a defence, survival, or extraction mission.  If he gained energy from radiation proc'd enemies, or for enemies that died on HG, he'd basically always be running a radiation proc weapon and would be full energy even when speed running an exterminate.  The only suggestion that makes sense is Reckoning having a chance to drop energy orbs from enemies killed by (or shortly after) Reckoning, because it's a) not a guarantee, b) using a mechanic that already exists and just reflavouring it (health orb drop code is copied and swapped for energy), c) is easy to rebalance (adjust the drop chance), and d) requires the use of his most expensive power to possibly get energy.  This means he can kind of fill the role of Trinity for team energy giver, but falls short of it (like he's supposed to as a jack of all trades).

13 hours ago, Feynt said:

A lot of people also want Mag to one shot corpus again, and think Nidus is entirely balanced.  ~.^

I don't care about Oberon being a speed runner, and in fact I like that Hallowed Ground is not an aura and is instead a field he places on the ground.  My proposed changes don't make him a speed runner at all though.  They actually make him a more sedimentary frame by making Hallowed Ground a greatly beneficial skill.  You'll want to hang around the field so that enemies will wander onto it and lose armour.  HG's central mechanic becomes armour manipulation, which greatly affects the rest of his abilities.

My fear against energy regen/refunds is everything proposed has the potential to make him an infinite energy gainer.  Quick Thinking/Rage already makes him basically invincible when he has Renewal going, but what's being proposed basically says "We don't want Rage, we want to use another mod, let's make it so that when we hurt things we get energy!"  Does this not sound broken?  If Oberon restored 5 energy per enemy that got hurt on HG, he'd have infinite energy in a defence, survival, or extraction mission.  If he gained energy from radiation proc'd enemies, or for enemies that died on HG, he'd basically always be running a radiation proc weapon and would be full energy even when speed running an exterminate.  The only suggestion that makes sense is Reckoning having a chance to drop energy orbs from enemies killed by (or shortly after) Reckoning, because it's a) not a guarantee, b) using a mechanic that already exists and just reflavouring it (health orb drop code is copied and swapped for energy), c) is easy to rebalance (adjust the drop chance), and d) requires the use of his most expensive power to possibly get energy.  This means he can kind of fill the role of Trinity for team energy giver, but falls short of it (like he's supposed to as a jack of all trades).

Ok I now understand they way you are heading , i misunderstood, i can tell you from a build point of view, i do not think we should have to use quick thinking either, when going for a balanced frame with synergy we need to have all the slots we can to maximize the 4 basic areas like duration, efficiency, range, and strength.not to mention having the ability to have enough energy storage etc. SO in my opinion the DE's have to figure out which way they are going and gear it to be the best experience for the player, after all that's the money maker, the players. DE need to add more slots or now have prime mods for all expected areas and increase the points to be able to max them out and use them , for right now if you forma all slots and we were to have all prime i do not think they would fit. get rid of the dual mods that add and take away another, like fleeting expertise , overextend, blind rage and the others. have prime intensify , prime streamline, and the others. just maybe it would be a better way to go, not sure.

I'm trying to farm Animo nav beacons to do Hades, Pluto, and whenever the dropship comes to deliver a ambulas, normal corpus enemies come, but not the ambulas. I've tried re-doing the mission, doing a different mission, restarting my warframe, and to no avail. I've seen more than 10 dropships come and go, but still no ambulas. Please fix!

17 hours ago, Rellik2001 said:

I'm trying to farm Animo nav beacons to do Hades, Pluto, and whenever the dropship comes to deliver a ambulas, normal corpus enemies come, but not the ambulas. I've tried re-doing the mission, doing a different mission, restarting my warframe, and to no avail. I've seen more than 10 dropships come and go, but still no ambulas. Please fix!

only pluto dropships can spawn an ambulas, and its not a 100% chance.