Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Impossible missions (self destruct + secondary)

Soulie

This has happened to me before, but the last mission I got really irked me.

I think it was Ceres - Albedo (Deception). Upon planting the data in the ships navigation, the ship went into self-destruct and I got my 5 minute timer. So I start sprinting towards the exit, but oh guess what? Turns out there's a hostage on the ship and now I have to rescue him. 2 Really long elevator rides later, I get to the holding cells and naturally, he's in the last cell that I unlock. With 1:13 left I make it half way up the first elevator before it fails.

Can devs please rework mission objectives to where there aren't any secondary objectives after a self destruct? Sure I get that the added challenge can be fun, but when the objective is to rescue a hostage or collect another 4 data modules, that's GG right there. There's no way you can complete the second objective in that short of time.

Makes me feel like a badass when I get the secondary and reach extraction with 2 minutes to spare though. Spint mods, gotta go fast.

Yeah, but sometimes it just doesn't matter how fast you are. If the secondary objective is on one side of the ship and the exit is all the way on the other side and to get there, you gotta ride up 2 really long elevators. There's simply not enough time.

It's not impossible, just troubling. Just work harder and hope you have support other then Lotus.

Still, it might be more helpful if a self destruct starts and a second objective comes up that the destruct has time added. Or that you can add time in some way. Hacks in each room, or when you pick up an objective.

It's not impossible, just troubling. Just work harder and hope you have support other then Lotus.

Still, it might be more helpful if a self destruct starts and a second objective comes up that the destruct has time added. Or that you can add time in some way. Hacks in each room, or when you pick up an objective.

Don't tell me that it's not impossible. You didn't get the mission that I had. I ran passed every enemy and was going as fast as I possibly could, knowing I probably wouldn't have enough time anyway.

Seriously, you get a 5 minute timer and then try to go rescue a hostage, then ride 2 really long elevators and run all the way back across the map, the whole time, making sure your little buddy isn't getting himself killed.