Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Principle Challenge Rooms? Whaaaa?

GamerWiz

Question

I've recently been trying to unlock the Sedna Junction for the War Within quest and for Hydron. One of the requirements are "Collect any 3 mods from the Orokin Principle challenge rooms on Lua. I've scoured the map to find them but do far have been unsuccessful. How do I find them?  

Too hard to explain in particular, look for the photos on the wiki.

The large pressure plate that is glowing - Endurance/Stealth/Teamwork test.

Room with a lot of lasers that keep on respawning even after destroyed- Speed test.

4 orbs around the room that drain energy when near- Power(?) test

The highest possible room that exists- Agility test

Waterfalls (not the one with a tree in the center) - cunning test (?)

On 5/25/2017 at 6:59 PM, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Don't know a thing about the principles, wants to get TWW and a specific node. Gosh, one step at a time man :/. Rushing things isn't the way. 

I don't know. I'm returning to this game after several months and I'm pretty much in the same boat. I've played 600 hours of Warframe and I just want to unlock content that I had access to previously anyway (sorties), but I apparently need to go screw around on the moon for an indefinite period of time first. I've done the exterminate mission six times with no sentient attacks yet, and no special rooms. Kinda frustrating.

On 14.7.2017 at 7:25 AM, andrewd084 said:

I've done the exterminate mission six times with no sentient attacks yet, and no special rooms. Kinda frustrating.

I did a survival mission with Ivara solo in stealth. After a while (20+ minutes) i started to get more and more Sentients. 

On 5/26/2017 at 2:59 AM, KnightCole said:

Well, google will still tell you what to look for. 

Its hard to explain what to look for specifically. 

Don't say "Go google" on a forum for ppl looking for answers. I just came here from google just to read you saying go to google lol.

I think him like me wants to know what to look for and what lvl's (in lua) are more appropriate to find them.

You can usually find at least 1 in the exterminate mission, that's where I usually go. Also there are usually other people looking to do the rooms if you use this node. If you mention that in chat someone will usually mark it for you and help you complete it.

If you are looking to solo capture can work, too. Just get the target and then search the map.

There are youtube videos that show the rooms themselves. Watching one of those will help you know what to look for so you can run through quicker.

The easiest way to find these is to do the Exterminate mission at the beginning of Lua. This way, once tyhe objective is done you have some free time to mess about with the puzzles. Also, watch the videos explaining what to look for , how to identify the puzzle rooms in the map. Many times there will be more than one puzzle room in one map, so you might be able to finish all 3 in one mission. Most importantly, bring at least one friend with you on the mission, don't do the public option, as many of the puzzles require more than one person to operate switches, or perform other tasks in different locations at once to complete. Once you do complete a puzzle room, the mods you will be getting are called "Drift" mods, as all of them have the word Drift in the title, such as Cunning Drift, and Coaction Drift. I think there are 5 or 6 of these mods in the series, and most of them are worth getting, so beyond opening the junction it is worth farming the puzzle rooms for the rest. Each type of mod has it's own specific puzzle room associated with it, so if you see a puzzle you have already done, that will give the same mod again. As far as videos there is a good one with "Drift mods" in the title, just search Youtube for those words and I am sure you will find a few good ones to watch so you can ID these rooms. On an unrelated note, the exterminate mission is also perfect for killing the 10 Sentient mobs you need to open the junction as well.

Good Luck, and Game On.

10 hours ago, Jynx41174 said:

Crossfire Extermination also spawns three of them I think

I just did that mission 3 times in a row. Every time spending lots of extra time looking for the puzzle rooms. No joy. Have not found even one.

And yes, I previously looked on YouTube to know how they look like.
I guess I'm just unlucky? ;(

The mistake i made was looking for a special room, separated behind door, that i would instantly recognise as a puzzle. That is not the case - usually, puzzle rooms are just part of regular map, often on the way towards objective,  and can be easy to miss if you don't know what to look for. Warframe wiki is a good source of what puzzle rooms look like and how to complete them. Most Lua missions will have one or more puzzles with music one (does not award mod) being especially frequent.

Don't check every room. The Challenge Rooms are in your "main" path.

If a room has four doors, 3 of these will always lead to a dead end, with containers and caches, and the other leads you to another tileset. If you find the right door, you don't need to go back and check out the others.

Just follow your objective/extraction mark and you'll be fine.

Also, Lua missions don't always spawn three challenge rooms. Some times you get only the ruins of challenge rooms, which are useless. It's more common to get two challenges in one mission, and if you're unlucky, you might get only one too.

Edited by Guest

On 12/5/2017 at 1:05 AM, littleork said:

If anyone still needs help with this, I found that doing the Second Dream quest 3 times completes this. Not sure if it is a 100% but it was for me.

This! It helped me do mine. 

Edited by sevendiablos

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 1:25 PM, Zonbolt said:

Don't say "Go google" on a forum for ppl looking for answers. I just came here from google just to read you saying go to google lol.

I think him like me wants to know what to look for and what lvl's (in lua) are more appropriate to find them.

I found the Stealth one on a Rescue Mission, when you find the glowing huge plate (about 10 feet wide) and step on it, a bunch of lasers turn on. I didnt know at the time that it was the test.... even though i was looking for the tests lmao

The rooms tend to be near or on the path through the mission (at least for exterminate) and are indicated by long hanging blue pennants (although these are also used in a couple of other rooms, just to add to the confusion :-) ) - if you are fluent in tennoscript I believe the writing on these banners indicates the principle involved (e.g. stealth, speed)

There can be more than 1 room in a mission but I've never seen more than 2. 

1) Tubes arranged around a circular disc (N.B. not to be confused with the organ 'Simon Says' puzzle where Octavia part drops)

Shoot discs on the walls to open up tubes, jump from tube to tube shooting other discs without touching the ground. Titania makes this easy.

2) Pillar destruction (repeat of a boss fight in the quest)

To start it you shoot the plates to start waterfalls on either side

3) Stealth

Long room with lower and upper routes. Stepping on the start plate triggers blue lasers as well as the normal sort. Anyone (including enemies) that a blue laser touches fails the test. The aim is to reach a second plate on the lower level at the end of the room. Easy way to do this is if there are two of you - one goes the to end plate then the other starts the test. Done.

4) Orbs in the walls

Round room with 4 orbs on the walls, standing near them drains energy when one is full run to the next one etc. then make your way to the centrwe of the room and down the stairs.

5) Hovering plates

Cave like room with a big tower hanging from roof. Standing on the first plate brings others into play, but needs someone to remain on plate whilst additional person moves to next plate etc. Requires either multiple people or spectres to keep plates pressed whilst moving through the puzzle

6) Disc of lasers

Large disk surrounded by lasers. Triggering it by standing in the middle causes lasers to fire on you. Have to stand on the disc whilst a water tower fills up. Basically stand there and take it. Shield support recommended :-)

7) Speed

Indicated by a small room (not much wider than the corridor) with multiple laser plates on each side wall. There are two side corridors near this - one has thumper orbs and the other raising blocks. Start by shooting button over door, race to end avoiding closing doors and shoot end button. Can be repeated until successful.

HTH

Edited by (XB1)Cotton Tail
Did I just necro this? Silly Cotton Tail

I already know what missions to go on to find the challenge rooms. My question, though, is will completing the same mission produce the same mod you get the first time you do it, or will it give you a different one? I only have one mod left of the three needed to unlock the Sedna junction, and the challenge with the four pillars and giant laser beam shooting eye looks like one of the easiest ones to do (that's where I got my second mod, can't remember where I got the first one at;)). I was hoping to just do the same challenge again and get it over with because upon completing the War Within quest, you get the ability to open the right door at the back of your ship (finally). Any thoughts?

Never mind, I went and did the same challenge I got the second mod from and got the same mod. When I went to check my current count, it showed I had the required three mods. Now I just have to clear a path to that part of Pluto, and I can start the War Within quest.

Edited by (XB1)BatsAxis0750112
Figured out.

Ok so seeing as there is a lot of misconception over this I'll tell you now the glowing pressure plates are NOT the sign of a challenge but in some cases ARE present. The challenge rooms always have GIANT BLUE BANNERS outside them. They are very noticeable if you're looking. I'll put a shot of one https://drive.google.com/open?id=1i7bgqhDUFpHPUIph1uWL97uFsFdaUjnV, also these challenge rooms like many things in Warframe have a set drop rate for any Lua Mission and may or may not spawn AT ALL, but chances are pretty good you'll get at least one maybe two. Hope this helps and clears up any uncertainty. (Btw the shot taken was my first run of crossfire ext. and I had two challenge rooms.)

Edited by (PS4)Gflamex

I'm not sure how strict the three mods required rules are, but I was able to do the same mission twice (the one with the four pillars and giant eye) & got the same mod each time, but they counted as two separate mods. For those who're having trouble getting the mods, I'd suggest sticking with the challenge room(s) you feel comfortable with & try to do them three times. Even if you get the same mod each time, they should all still count as three separate mods and allow you to move on to the junction. After all, the thing only says three mods, not three mod types:satisfied: I just wish I had tried that before wasting all that time trying to find another challenge I could do solo.:facepalm:

The Orokin Principle Challenge Rooms, 7 of them, are special rooms testing you through gameplay,

Power Drift: A big room testing your energy capacity.

Agility Drift: A big room with pipes like in an organ, testing you if you can traverse up obstacles of some of the most complex sort.

Endurance Drift: A room testing how long you can live, and your will to sacrifice your own self.

Speed Drift: A room with two courses testing your overall knowledge of movement, letting you travel through traps of the most annoying kind.

Stealth Drift: A giant hall testing if you can dodge lasers in a gigantic game of "The Floor Is Lava."

Cunning Drift: A room mimicking the room against the security eye, testing your trickery and knowledge of using an enemy attack to your advantage.

Coaction Drift: The ultimate test to see if you work well with your teammates to get an objective done.

All of these reward a specific mod for each test.

Power Drift gives the user (at max rank) +15% power strength and +30% chance to resist knockdown.

Agility Drift gives the player +6 evasion, meaning you have more air control like Zephyr.

Endurance Drift gives +15 max energy capacity and +12 parkour velocity from walls.

Speed Drift grants +12 sprint speed and +15 ability casting speed.

Stealth Drift grants +18 enemy radar and +12 time to aim gliding and wall latch time.

Cunning Drift provides +12 sliding speed, -30 sliding friction, and +15% power range (the ultimate mod for going really far)

Coaction Drift gives you +15 aura mod strength and +15 aura mod effectiveness.

These rooms will not be in each level you play consistently, and spawn randomly, giving at least 1 room randomly and 3 randomly. These mods, when put into the right build, are very powerful (ex. Cunning Drift along with maglev and streamlined form on Nezha, god speed).