Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Fanart] Lorist: An interpretation

Blakrana

As I'm sure the title should make clear, I've been mulling around how the Lorist would have actually looked as individuals. Considering we only get a limited description by Lorist Ontella in the Corrupted Ancient Synthesis, I've just been curious on how it might be.

So...best answer is just doodling what one thinks might be possible.

nA4xyU0.jpg

Now...I am fully aware that Ontella notes Lorist's having "skin woven with ribbons of metallic facia* (sic)" but I don't actually have metallic pens for that so my options were reduced to 'greys and grey blues'. Beyond that, the only other distinguishing element we had was the "Lora node protruding from our right temples" and...that's it. Making it incredibly likely I've taken far more liberties than I should do but...well...that's why it's an interpretation.

*I believe it means Fascia, which are a type of muscular covering in the body. Meaning likely the filaments are much finer but well...my dexterity isn't at that level, really.

Design wise, I thought that if a Lorist's skin is laced with metallic elements in general, it might stand to reason their hair could pick up traces of that as it grows, giving it colours more suiting that. Similarly, the extent of how much of their skin is indeed 'woven' in such a way, would likely affect the colouration of where these elements either exit or enter the flesh (least based on how I'm understanding woven here).

Nothing special drawing wise, all honesty, but I figured it was at least interesting to explore how a Lorist might appear, considering they sound pretty Cyberpunk with Ontella's description.

Fineliners used were Triplus Fineliners, and (using personal labelling per Colourblindness) colours are:

Eyes: Emerald Green
Lips: Scarlet
Metallic components/hair: Dark Grey, Light Grey, Grey Blue, Pale Grey Blue
Tonal values: Flesh Pink, Light Blue, Mid Blue, Dark Grey, Light Grey, Grey Blue

Time wise it was an off/on gradual 6 hours or so, I'd say. I am firmly aware it sure as hell doesn't look like 6 hours of work but that's skill levels for you...

Hope that it was at least an interesting offering to the table, really, if not a break from the usual subjects.

Either way, apologies for going on, as always.

This is a very peculiar interpretation, though not an orokin I would expect a bit more symetry in the servants of the orokin though not as perfect as the golden ones, it does rise the question how augmented were the lorist? is the metalic fascia, was it just a skin condition by genetics, part of the equipment bonding over their skin or some heavy grafting of technology replacing parts of their faces.

I guess one could also imagine something similar to the character Nebula in the Guardians of the Galaxy movies, with less blue and more of natural skin tone.

1 hour ago, Pavelord said:

This is a very peculiar interpretation, though not an orokin I would expect a bit more symetry in the servants of the orokin though not as perfect as the golden ones, it does rise the question how augmented were the lorist? is the metalic fascia, was it just a skin condition by genetics, part of the equipment bonding over their skin or some heavy grafting of technology replacing parts of their faces.

I guess one could also imagine something similar to the character Nebula in the Guardians of the Galaxy movies, with less blue and more of natural skin tone.

Honestly, all good questions I'm not sure how to answer.

I mean, essentially the drawing was borne out by this section:

We were twins bred for purpose, cloned and then modified so that we could both interface with the Lora Device. The Orokin had a visage imbued with variation, beauty and symmetry, but we had the Lora nodes protruding from our right temples. Their skin was silken, ours was weaved with ribbons of metallic facia that snaked around our bodies and into the Lora Device embedded in our palms.

So, for me I took the line noting the Orokin traits of "variation, beauty, and symmetry" to imply a lack of at least symmetry. Though I will admit I mostly just sort of took a haphazard approach to where bits are more metal than flesh, than a particular regiment.

As for fascia, considering the context implies that it connects the Lora node and Device to allow the Lorist to employ them in healing functions, I'd suspect they're a kind of augmentative implant, but perhaps designed to grow within the subject meaning they become part of the skin or such. But, yeah...problems with interpretations. I admit I'm biased towards a sort of blended organic and technological result, and whilst relatively crude, nowhere near the lack of care as found in Grineer subjects.

Can't say for Nebula. Not seen either of the Guardians movies.

6 minutes ago, Pavelord said:

guardians_of_the_galaxy_nebula-t2.jpg

This one has a bit more syntetic look, so maybe something halfway.

Fair does.

From what we know, it's at least certain that Lorists were augmented human stock, though the extent of that augmentation past having 'metallic fascia' is the lingering question. Part of me wonders if they're akin to 'several stages further' than the Tenno are, so far as implant number and how it affects their visage.

Other part of the problem is my own lack of ability doing it justice at present. Long way to go there...

Edited by Blakrana
comma, not period...