Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Prime Build

(XBOX)MalevolentEwok

Question

So I love playing as Saryn Prime. However, since I'm a fairly new player, I don't know what builds I need to work toward to make her super OP. Can anybody suggest what mods to put on her, what weapons to use, etc. For instance, I know she came out with Spira Prime, but is weapon really good for her? I want to make her my main frame, and my main frame has to be able to kick butt :smile: Thank you all in advance for your help.

P.S. Idk if you need this info, but my pledged syndicate is Red Veil (Rank 2, almost 3 currently).

Edited by (XB1)MalevolentEwok

14 answers to this question

For Saryn, you want to get Max range, some strength, and a little duration. If you have Zenurik's Energy Overflow that would be great for her. She's a very energy hungry frame so you want as much as possible. 

As for weapons, try using AoE weapons like the Sonicor, Staticor, Ignis Wraith, etc. That'll help spread spores a lot.

This is the Saryn Spores build that I use however if you don't yet have Zenurik, I would hold off on using Blind Rage for now and replace it with Streamline.

Lfw1Trf.jpg

Ideally any AoE weapon will work well with Saryn as her main purpose is to halve enemy health with Viral status.

The advantages she gains through Toxic status effects and Spore explosion can make leaning on Status based Toxic weapons appealing but it's not exactly a game changer since the stacking effect was removed pretty early on. It's mostly just ambient damage, cool to have but AoE should be your priority. Unless of course your using her Toxic Lash melee buff which can cause some pretty big explosions but I don't really melee with this build.

I personally like to use her with Ignis and Torrid. My fav was Simulor but can't stand how slow the weapon is now.

I have a more group friendly version of this for late game where I replace her Molt Augment with Venom Dose to increase team damage output further.

I have two Saryn configs: one for team play with high power strength, and another for solo/team play, with more survivability.

Both run with 160 power range and Spores still spread like crazy.  I've tried max range builds, but I don't like the loss of power strength and/or loss of efficiency.

Edited by Tizodd
add link

45 minutes ago, Tizodd said:

(185 Power Strength + Quick Thinking, Primed Flow, Rage)

I prefer molt augment to QT, especially with Rage in the mix.  Doing that I can easily maintain energy with only 100% Efficiency.  Saryn builds are fairly fluid though.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)MalevolentEwok said:

For instance, I know she came out with Spira Prime, but is weapon really good for her?

Slap on concealed explosives and it makes spore popping fun, any throwing secondary will do.

This is the Saryn build I use for most casual play: wZFqrYD.jpg

I have a melee-focused playstyle, so I use the Rage/Lifestrike cycle to maintain my health. If I am not planning on running heavy melee I switch out Rage for Intensify or Regenerative Molt. This build benefits from but does not need Zenurik for energy management, since the range is high enough that Spore casts should be infrequent, and Toxic Lash just about pays for itself if you have a high-reach melee weapon. I rarely use Miasma, and Rage provides energy whenever I need Molt, so energy isn't a problem most of the time. I have another build on which I trade out Stretch for Regenerative Molt and Cunning Drift for Handspring, which I use when survival is more important to me than damage, or when I don't want to bother my teammates by killing enemies before they can contribute. If I am using a pet rather than a sentinel I switch out Rejuvenation for Physique or Stand United.

I usually don't use primary weapons on my Saryn, but I favor the Strun Wraith (gas and status), Sobek (Acid Shells), Vaykor Hek, or Rakta Cernos when I do. The Telos Boltor is also nice with its AoE gas proc. My secondaries of choice are the Akstilleto Prime modded for gas and status, Pox modded for whatever status I feel like (it procs toxin regardless of the elements it is modded for), and Hikou Prime with gas and Concealed Explosives. My favorite melee weapons are the Lesion and Secura Lecta modded for, you guessed it, status, but any melee weapon with high range and Primed Reach will work well. Since Saryn can maintain two status procs on all enemies at all times, Condition Overload works ridiculously well on her, so it's definitely worth hunting down if you really like Saryn.

My focuses for saryn were duration, and range, with a side of power strength. IMO, saryn works best as a melee character. Her toxic lash ability is one of her best, and I feel that it is very underused.   Every spore poped with TL grants 2 energy back to the player, it also gives a 100% chance to proc toxic damage. This makes healing return a very nice melee mod for saryn. With spores, and toxic lash active; you're guaranteed 22 health per swing of your melee, without the energy cost and loss of channeling efficiency with life strike.

I run with 45% efficiency, which is supplemented with zenurik focus, and large team energy restore pizzas when needed. I made her more as a team DPS buffer, than a crazy killing machine. But with the way she is, I can still nuke lvl 120s without much effort/hassle. 

Build stats: 124% power strength. 

183% power duration. 

190% power range. 

45% power efficiency. 

It's one playstyle of many, but it's mine and I like it lol. I hope you find the groove for you're saryn. She's a great frame. 

On 5/26/2017 at 7:39 PM, Tayyarl said:

I have a different question about this, I'm MR4 yet I'm quite close to Saryn Prime, I only need neuroptics. Should I craft her as my first prime or sell it? I'm confused.

What are you thinking of selling it for? I would only recommend selling parts if you have duplicates of them, so you don't have to worry about farming them up again later. At the end of the day, of course, you should build her now if you think you will enjoy playing her. If you have Rage and Regenerative Molt, she'll get you through the star chart without super heavy investment, though you will have to commit a fair amount of resources to bring her up to her full potential. If you don't really find her all that appealing, just keep her parts in storage while you explore other parts of the game, and come back to her when you want to try something new.

I don't understand the builds with [Primed Continuity] [Fleeting Expertise] [Blind Rage] and [Transient Fortitude]. It seems like dropping [Primed Continuity] for [Streamline] would be better as it makes it easier to put out more powerful abilities more often and do more damage than having it tick for longer at a higher cost. As an aside, does [Growing Power] work as stated on the mod? It seems like that would be a great boost when using Saryn's Toxic Lash.

5 minutes ago, True_Naeblis said:

I don't understand the builds with [Primed Continuity] [Fleeting Expertise] [Blind Rage] and [Transient Fortitude]. It seems like dropping [Primed Continuity] for [Streamline] would be better as it makes it easier to put out more powerful abilities more often and do more damage than having it tick for longer at a higher cost. As an aside, does [Growing Power] work as stated on the mod? It seems like that would be a great boost when using Saryn's Toxic Lash.

Saryn's spores are dependent on Duration, so you need the Primed Continuity's +55% to help counter the -87.5% running Fleeting Expertise and Transient Fortitude incur.

Personally, I run Regeneration, Power Drift, Primed Continuity, Intensify, Vitality, Steel Fiber, Constitution, Stretch, Regenerative Molt and Primed Flow on my Saryn Prime and see excellent results with her.

7 hours ago, True_Naeblis said:

Saryn doesn't really need Efficiency unless you're doing a casual build or Naramon melee build and I say specifically Naramon because Saryn can't really use Toxic Lash at higher levels otherwise. Her Miasma also falls off quickly and becomes not much more than a panic button CC effect. Zenurik should be all you need.

She also doesn't need much Duration since that will mostly affect Miasma and Toxic Lash. The Spores tick damage isn't all that great and her Passive +25% Status Duration will give plenty time for a lasting Viral status effect. 100-150% Duration is plenty.

Range is her most important stat as this will increase the Spread of Spores even allowing it to re-proc on older enemies thereby further solving any Duration issues. Power is mostly because there's not much else she can make use of, so might as well have bigger explosion damage. It also works well with her Venom Dose augment which replaces her Molt augment at lvl 80+ since Saryn can no longer afford to take a hit in the first place.

13 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Saryn doesn't really need Efficiency unless you're doing a casual build or Naramon melee build and I say specifically Naramon because Saryn can't really use Toxic Lash at higher levels otherwise. Her Miasma also falls off quickly and becomes not much more than a panic button CC effect. Zenurik should be all you need.

She also doesn't need much Duration since that will mostly affect Miasma and Toxic Lash. The Spores tick damage isn't all that great and her Passive +25% Status Duration will give plenty time for a lasting Viral status effect. 100-150% Duration is plenty.

Range is her most important stat as this will increase the Spread of Spores even allowing it to re-proc on older enemies thereby further solving any Duration issues. Power is mostly because there's not much else she can make use of, so might as well have bigger explosion damage. It also works well with her Venom Dose augment which replaces her Molt augment at lvl 80+ since Saryn can no longer afford to take a hit in the first place.

Okay, so the [Primed Continuity] is unnecessary, no? Seems like a lot of points to take when that's what I assumed, that you want fewer, powerful ticks rather than longer duration. I assumed she could get away with less efficiency as well, but I'm new to the game and wasn't 100% sure there.

24 minutes ago, True_Naeblis said:

Okay, so the [Primed Continuity] is unnecessary, no? Seems like a lot of points to take when that's what I assumed, that you want fewer, powerful ticks rather than longer duration. I assumed she could get away with less efficiency as well, but I'm new to the game and wasn't 100% sure there.

A base of 100% Duration is perfectly fine for the effectiveness of Spores.

Each time a Spore is popped it will inflict Viral status in an AoE and apply a new duration of Spores to other targets so unless you simply kill nothing for the full duration or there are no targets within range. Spores will continue from the original cast for quite some time.

I prefer to use Primed Continuity to help counter Transient Fortitude and also to reduce overhead when I'm using her Venom Dose augment. It brings the buff duration to 51 seconds which is more manageable than it's base 40 seconds.

2 hours ago, Xzorn said:

A base of 100% Duration is perfectly fine for the effectiveness of Spores.

Each time a Spore is popped it will inflict Viral status in an AoE and apply a new duration of Spores to other targets so unless you simply kill nothing for the full duration or there are no targets within range. Spores will continue from the original cast for quite some time.

I prefer to use Primed Continuity to help counter Transient Fortitude and also to reduce overhead when I'm using her Venom Dose augment. It brings the buff duration to 51 seconds which is more manageable than it's base 40 seconds.

Okay, thanks for the clarity. I just really couldn't understand the [Fleeting Expertise] in the build above, seems detrimental to the build it's in.