Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx base armor too low for her powers

Lunaticked

Been playing a ton of Nyx, and despite astronomically high shields, and several armor mods, I get torn to shreds easily. This wouldn't be a problem if all her abilities were ranged, but Chaos and Absorb are PBAOE. She has to run into the thick of things to make use of them, and if Absorb doesnt kill things, or allies can't mop them up quick enough, she goes down fast.

Perhaps the problem isn't her low base armor itself, but that armor mods increase armor by a percentage, and with a low base percent, she barely gets anything out of an armor mod compared to someone with a higher base armor rating.

I only leveled my NYX to 20; But the thing is that I have some similar problems when trying to SOLO. Because it is the only fully mele/psy class. But I just don't feel super effective playing as her. You can be out of position very quickly or when being against moa's you could get knocked into a door and the placement can really get awful fast. I love this class though. Despite the problems that I have a lot of the time being blown up. Ash ; Is kind of the same way though.