Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Either buff Soma/Prime or add a better LMG.

Serialkillerwhale

7 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Buff Soma Prime. This is perhaps the most ridiculous suggestion I've seen on these forums.

I normally disagree with completely shooting down other people's ideas but I gotta agree with peterc3 on this one.  The Soma P is, and has always been, a beast if built right.

edit: To the OP: how are you building your Soma P?  Be sure to focus on crit and/or a bit a status.  The Soma P is definitely a viable endgame weapon.

Edited by Tizodd

5 minutes ago, Serialkillerwhale said:

Tell me, what reason is there for a machine gun to not be the top DPS? Be honest. Explain it. Why shouldn't the class of weapon whose only benefit is DPS be better at DPS?

So high clip size, decent sustained damage, great accuracy - ridiculous crit rating (Especially with Argon Scope) = not advantageous?

you must be building wrong because my Soma P mows through level 100 enemies.   

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

2 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

So high clip size, decent sustained damage, great accuracy - ridiculous crit rating = not advantageous?

you must be building wrong because my Soma P mows through level 100 enemies.   

Why does Dex Sybaris, no matter the build, always outdps Soma Prime? And I don't even want to think about how much more absurd Sybaris Prime is. Ezmode weapons with no ammo management or trigger discipline requirements like Latron Wraith and Latron Prime. So on and so forth.

Edited by Serialkillerwhale

1 minute ago, Serialkillerwhale said:

Why does Dex Sybaris, no matter the build, always outdps Soma Prime? And I don't even want to think about how much more absurd Sybaris Prime is.

I think it depends in how you build them, if you put a no mods Soma Prime against a well modded Dex Sybaris of course the Soma is going to outperform

Just now, (Xbox One)neoxal said:

I think it depends in how you build them, if you put a no mods Soma Prime against a well modded Dex Sybaris of course the Soma is going to outperform

Nope, I ran every build I can think of for crit DPS weapons. None of them ever made Soma comparable to Sybaris.

Why does Dex Sybaris, no matter the build, always outdps Soma Prime? And I don't even want to think about how much more absurd Sybaris Prime is.

I don't play Sybaris much, but I feel it probably wouldn't sustain like Soma does.  DPS and Sustained DPS are two different views of the same idea, and one is far more important, and that is sustained.  Having to reload the Sybaris every 14 shots, and firing only 4 rounds a second versus the Soma's 15, means it is not sustaining.  Shot per shot it might do more damage - but I'd have to see some raw numbers to take your claim at face value.  

2 minutes ago, Serialkillerwhale said:

Is this burst dps you're talking? Are you considering the reload cancel on soma prime? Are you considerig how often both require a reload? Are you considering a situation where you're facing a crowd or just a singular target? Warframe builder is great to make the most of equipment, but dont just read the burst dps alone.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

I don't play Sybaris much, but I feel it probably wouldn't sustain like Soma does.  DPS and Sustained DPS are two different views of the same idea, and one is far more important, and that is sustained.  Having to reload the Sybaris every 14 shots, and firing only 4 rounds a second versus the Soma's 15, means it is not sustaining.  Shot per shot it might do more damage - but I'd have to see some raw numbers to take your claim at face value.  

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Soma_prime/t_30_22000000_132-7-5-134-1-5-137-0-10-138-5-5-140-3-5-141-6-5-159-4-5-630-2-5_137-7-134-6-630-7-140-9-159-9-138-11-141-11-132-15/en/2-0-65/

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Dex_Sybaris/t_30_22000000_132-7-5-134-1-5-137-0-10-138-5-5-140-3-5-141-6-5-159-4-5-630-2-5_137-7-134-6-630-7-140-9-159-9-138-11-141-11-132-15/en/2-0-93/0/f

Here it is. Despite the Sybaris also using Shred (Which is suicidally bad), it still outdpses Soma in the sustain DPS category. And we all know Sybaris Prime has higher stats than Dex Sybaris.

Well 1... get rid of those elements... put on Hammer Shot and Razor Rounds - and 2, does the Warframe builder event acount for Argon Scope and Razor Rounds in its calculations?

1 minute ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Well 1... get rid of those elements... put on Hammer Shot and Razor Rounds - and 2, does the Warframe builder event acount for Argon Scope and Razor Rounds in its calculations?

So, if you intentionally gimp the gun, it does slightly better than another intentionally gimped gun? I'm sorry but I hardly see that as a consolation prize.

2: Yes.

1 minute ago, Cryozar said:

...Warframe builder...

I'm thinking this is the op's main issue.

To the OP: Try testing the weapons in-game.  Builder is useful for certain things, but some things require hands-on knowledge to really appreciate.

Buff... Soma Prime...? Hah... Hahah... 

Spoiler

HAHAHAHAHA. 

Image result for cry laugh meme

No. 

Also, I just checked. Two Semi-automatics out DPS LMGs, but in practicality the still don't scale anywhere near as far. Status is why. A Soma, Tenora, or Gorgon can put on status and deal with higher level enemies with more armor faster than semi automatic weapons can. 

DPS does not mean everything. Weapons that perform better at "endgame" content aren't always the best for starchart, either. 

Just now, (PS4)theelix said:

Buff... Soma Prime...? Hah... Hahah... 

Reveal hidden contents

HAHAHAHAHA. 

Image result for cry laugh meme

No. 

Also, I just checked. Two Semi-automatics out DPS LMGs, but in practicality the still don't scale anywhere near as far. Status is why. A Soma, Tenora, or Gorgon can put on status and deal with higher level enemies with more armor faster than semi automatic weapons can. 

DPS does not mean everything. Weapons that perform better at "endgame" content aren't always the best for starchart, either. 

Lets be honest, if you wanted to deal with end-game content, you'd be bringing Corrosive Projection.

1 minute ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

HA - I figured it out.... Sybaris has an option for Headshots, Soma does not - if you unclick Headshots on Sybaris, Soma becomes superior.  Nice try OP, almost bamboozled me there. 

They both have that option. It's just the toggle for Argon Scope. If you remove argon scope, the headshot event qualifier is also removed.