The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should we have mods that reduce shield recharge delay?

yles9056

Now that shieldgating is coming, can we have mods that reduce shield recharge delay?

Either introduce new mods, or change the effect of Fast Deflection to reduce shield recharge delay. That would be really great. :smile:

Edited by yles9056

We already do? Fast Deflection increases your shield recharge rate by 90%

Edit: Sorry, I feel like Fast Deflection does exactly what you're asking for. Could you elaborate on how you want to change it's effect?

Edited by Thyriell

5 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

...And? Why is this an argument?

Its not argument, its more like sad statement, because there is alot good thing in Borderlands which can be transfered here, but we can have it all at once

7 minutes ago, Thyriell said:

Edit: Sorry, I feel like Fast Deflection does exactly what you're asking for. Could you elaborate on how you want to change it's effect?

He means reduce the delay before they start recharging, not the rate of recharge itself.

22 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Do you realize how OP that could be? Shieldgating in itself took heavy consideration to even be implement. Be happy with that, I say.

Not necesserly OP. When shields are broken they should have have minimal recharge delay lock --> that way Recharge delay as stat would be useful BEFORE shields are broken and would decrease delay to a certain degree AFTER they are broken. (Similar to how we have a cap at power efficiency to stop from OP-ness from happening)

Edited by WingsOfGryphin

30 minutes ago, Thyriell said:

Shieldgating doesn't care how much shield you have. It can be triggered as long as you have shield, so the number doesn't matter. Reducing recharge delay is more beneficial than having faster shield recharge rate.

Edited by yles9056

48 minutes ago, Thyriell said:

We do have a mod that reduces the recharge delay (the time it takes for shields to start recharging), but it's the Conclave Mod 'Quick Charge'. In PvE we have no mod like that.

Fast Deflection increases the speed at which your shields recharge, but doesn't reduce the recharge delay.

IMO instead of adding a new mod for that, that faster delay should be added to Fast Deflection to make the mod worth using, kind of how Maglev, which originally only had +Slide, received -Friction when Parkour 2.0 was implemented.

Don't you agree @yles9056?

55 minutes ago, Thyriell said:

No, lol Fast Deflection does NOT do exactly what hes asking.

Fast Deflection applies to the regen rate of your shield once the 3s has passed.  I means and I to thought, that it would reduce the 3s recharge delay by 90%, so as to mean you basically get near instant shield recharge. 

Perhaps if there was a new corrupted mod that reduced shield recharge delay in exchange for your shield recharge.
Otherwise I feel like it would be obnoxious for some warframes that can generate shields immediately as well to just always keep shields active.

Perhaps we should wait and see how the new shield gating system turn out before we ask for new stuff.

We know that it is coming, but do people know how it work? sure damage does not bleed trough. But it would be stupid to ask for a mod that reduce the shield recharge delay if when shield gating triggers we also become immune to damage for a short time.

Wait and see how shield gating turn out, then we can ask or complain.

On 27.5.2017 at 2:00 PM, yles9056 said:

Now that shieldgating is coming, can we have mods that reduce shield recharge delay?

Either introduce new mods, or change the effect of Fast Deflection to reduce shield recharge delay. That would be really great. :smile:

Well DE should add a reduction to the delay to the fast deflection mod.

If you are really interested into making full use of your shields as a buffer with close to 100% uptime at full there is already one, it is called protect and one of the 2 mods on a raksa kubrow. While it does not change the delay, the delay gets override if you get a shield buff what the protect mods does in rapid succession. One of the few reasons why I highly prefer it over kavats and sentinels for soloing high level missions.

@Nazrethim Indeed, there are too many underused mods in WF that could use some love. Fast Deflection is one of them.

@Hellmaker2004 I guess you're right. I have to admit I got carried away when I knew shieldgating is coming. 

To be honest, I'm not sure whether delay reduction mods are OP or not. That's why we should discuss about it.

Shieldgating protects players from being one-shot. But it cannot save players if they are attacked by rapid fire(Corpus tech, Grineer heavy gunner) or multiple enemies.

If we were to have recharge delay reduction mods, I think the reduction value should be around 20~30%. If the value goes higher, it will need some tradeoff to balance.

Edited by yles9056

Fast Deflection should affect both recharge rate and recharge delay (And since it increases speed (in contrast to reducing time), it would do so with the formula: Base recharge delay / 1 + Recharge speed bonus. Thus there would be no need for any silly caps, as you can never reach a delay of 0 seconds).

Thus, a Fast Deflection would reduce the delay from 3 seconds to ~1,58 seconds (3 / 1,9). With shieldgating in place, that'd be good enough, imo.
With a Fortitude mod, the delay would go from 3 seconds to ~1,67 seconds (3 / 1,8). With shieldgating in place, that'd be good enough, imo.
With both Fast Deflection and Fortitude, you'd go from 3 seconds to ~1,11 seconds (3 / 2,7). Now that's really good!

12 hours ago, yles9056 said:

@Nazrethim Indeed, there are too many underused mods in WF that could use some love. Fast Deflection is one of them.

@Hellmaker2004 I guess you're right. I have to admit I got carried away when I knew shieldgating is coming. 

To be honest, I'm not sure whether delay reduction mods are OP or not. That's why we should discuss about it.

Shieldgating protects players from being one-shot. But it cannot save players if they are attacked by rapid fire(Corpus tech, Grineer heavy gunner) or multiple enemies.

If we were to have recharge delay reduction mods, I think the reduction value should be around 20~30%. If the value goes higher, it will need some tradeoff to balance.

With Shield Gating OTW, I think Shield Recharge delay should be increased to like 5s, and let us have a Delay reducing mod, of like 10/15/20/25% Reduction.  The Shield Gating does sound like it could be a pretty powerful ability.  With any mod that basically removes the shield recharge delay, it would be hella OP lol.  Trinity will become insanely tough. 

4 hours ago, DrBorris said:

No, we need moar, much moar. Let us truly customize our shields. 

Customize our shields?  You mean like a Shield Mod section on the Warframe?  Then we get mods for that like -25% shield capacity, +10% dmg reduction.  -50% shield capacity, +10% Energy Regen/second.  +25% shield Capacity -10% health.  Things like that? 

On 27.5.2017 at 2:51 PM, yles9056 said:

Shieldgating doesn't care how much shield you have. It can be triggered as long as you have shield, so the number doesn't matter. Reducing recharge delay is more beneficial than having faster shield recharge rate.

Quotation please. I've not heard of any information from DE other than "It's coming". So far shield gating could also require a full shield recharge. If it doesn't, then Arcane Aegies will practically make people invincible against non-toxic/slash damage.

On 5/27/2017 at 0:40 PM, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

Tbh shield gating could already be OP when it arrives. Harrrrow's 1 gives shields on command and volt's capacitance will be nuts.

Harrows 1, Mags Shield Polarize, and trinities blessing, or any frame with Brief Respite.  As long as people can spam them (which is stupidly easy to max out efficiency) then it would essentially be god mode until a slash/toxic proc comes your way...and if its a trinity doing the work then not even those would drop the squad.

You can say hello back to the old days of the Trinity/Mag sitting in a corner and spamming blessing/shield polarize as fast as they can while the rest of the squad enjoys invincibility in most situations...

6 hours ago, ScribbleClash said:

Quotation please. I've not heard of any information from DE other than "It's coming". So far shield gating could also require a full shield recharge. If it doesn't, then Arcane Aegies will practically make people invincible against non-toxic/slash damage.

5 hours ago, yles9056 said:

@ScribbleClash

They didn't say anything about shieldgating, but that's what shieldgating is expected to be like. Perhaps DE will add some additional limit to balance. Now that you mention it, Brief Respite might be a problem as well.

It needs a limit of something like "Once every X seconds" or something else, and not even "once every full shield recharge" will balance it out.

Otherwise they are just going to be adding in an easy god mode like in the old days of Trinities blessing (and essentially returning trinties ultimate back to "you're invincible now!" which they nerfed for a reason)...except that with Brief Respite you don't even need a trinity at that point, and with it being an aura you'll see literally every frame (aside from Inaros/Nidus) with it on because without a major limiting factor to how often it can proc shield gating would become a literal god mode.

I can foresee a meta of "Smallest shield pool possible, and everyone in the squad uses brief respite"  because with those limits in place a single ultimate cast would refill any frames shields to full (no frame has more than 600 shields at level 30 without redirection) and because how easy most frames are to spam everyone would be more-or-less invulnerable.

Hek, if the only requirement for having shield gate kick in was to fully restore your shields between activations then the meta would be: Decaying Dragon Key + Brief Respite + No Shield Mods.  After all, at that point even Frost Prime, who has the highest shields at level 30, would be able to fully restore his shields with one cast of his ultimate as long as one person in the squad is using brief respite.
Most other frames would be fully restoring their shields with one cast of their third ability...
Throw in more than one brief respite and even people running maximum efficiency wouldn't have a hard time fully restoring their shields with a single ability use.

Edited by Tsukinoki

On Saturday, May 27, 2017 at 8:40 PM, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

Tbh shield gating could already be OP when it arrives. Harrrrow's 1 gives shields on command and volt's capacitance will be nuts.

Well... so does Mags 3 already. For her and all squad members touched by her pulse in a range of 80meters. But this puls got a travel time if you are not close standing to Mag. Which is again a lil delay but does save lifes already.

(Does it Shield gates also Objects like "Cryopods" ?! )

I see it like @yles9056 said...

Shield Recharge Delay (can we pls shortcut this with SRD ?!) reducing should be possible to a max like -38% which would be from 3sec ~> 1,86 sec. That something we all could life with esp like already suggested if it would be combined or "added" to the already existing Mod which reduces the "Shield Recharge Time (SRT)". 

But as always..let us wait and test it, how things work well or not.