Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endless Spy & Extermination Mission Ideas

NonExistentTenno

So we just recently had a endless rescue mission that was part of a operation which is awesome, However I was thinking of how we could work in Extermination and Spy Missions to be endless. 

My idea is pretty straight forward and I think it would epic if Extermination worked in a way similar to Defense or Survival where instead of defending or having something to do like hacking a console, We can get endless waves of enemies thrown at us and we have to wipe them out but they grow larger but have a limit of 10-50 enemies depending on the wave and or level of the mission and to add to the twist, The last enemy thrown at us would be a mini boss that we have to beat to advance to the next wave and then the wave resets, Seeing as each faction already has something similar to a mini boss this would make sense.

My other idea for spy missions is more interesting and would require team work to get done, Instead of just extracting after collecting the data from the highly guarded rooms, We're faced by a bounty hunter hired by that faction in which was holding the data, To make it endless though would require Archwing and have us going ship to ship collecting data and defeating the bounty hunters however to end or to progress the mission would have basic interface that we use in the defense missions after defeating the bounty hunters.

My only issue with your endless exterminate idea is that it would be very similar to survival or defense. It's like defense without protecting a pod, or survival without having to worry about air. Honestly I would be totally fine with it, but realistically it's just way too similar. The spy mission idea almost sounds like it's just stringing together spy missions one after another, except now there is a special guy running around in them. I don't know how much I like the idea, but maybe you could expand on it and help paint a clearer picture.

I think a neat change to higher level exterminate would be to have the map segmented by miniboss rooms, they wouldn't need to be a special npc or anything, they could just be a prebuilt squad, like some eximis units coupled with some heavy units. Then you would essentially cut the map into rough thirds, and have 2 fancy encounters throughout the mission.