Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur's Slash Dash not awarding kills.

AG-wolf

So, I use Excalibur's Slash Dash pretty often whenever there's a swarm of enemies... and I'm never awarded any kills for it at the tally during the end of the mission. It's especially useful on infested stages, because those fleshy b*stards don't stand a chance against an angry blade... but sometimes I'll end a higher-difficulty match with less than 10 kills, despite having slaughtered an inumerable amount of enemies utilizing the Slash Dash.

Thanks?

Edited by AG-wolf

Hey AG,

I posted a similar thread about Rhino's Charge not awarding kills either. Personally I think it's pretty S#&$ty how their primary offensive abilities don't actually award any points. Especially when other Warframes can clear an entire room at the push of a number key and rank #1 for the match.

Because this effects both Rhino and Excalibur I'm wondering if it's a game design choice. If it is, I really can't say I agree with it much...

Hey AG,

I posted a similar thread about Rhino's Charge not awarding kills either. Personally I think it's pretty S#&$ty how their primary offensive abilities don't actually award any points. Especially when other Warframes can clear an entire room at the push of a number key and rank #1 for the match.

Because this effects both Rhino and Excalibur I'm wondering if it's a game design choice. If it is, I really can't say I agree with it much...

I disagree with that statement with warframes clearing rooms. Most of the warframes such as volt , ember and mag have experienced nerfs to their ults making those skills less desirable. There actually has been alot fo discussion talking about these nerfs. If anything rhino and excalibur still have it easy seeing how potent their skill is for such a cheap cost.

Still the skills not earning points is clearly a bug and hopefully it will get fixed.

yeah but Excal's Slash Dash doesn't do heavy damage against armored/machine enemies until you've used your rifle or pistol with an elemental to break their shields down. it's not like it's always effective, and I actually end up using it as a tertiary attack or as a last-gasp escape move when I'm being swarmed.

When I'm in a group of people who are higher level than I am, and can take out enemies in one gunshot or a single melee swipe, the kills I make with my slash dash as I try to level up are pretty important. Excal isn't anywhere near as broken as some of the other warframe abilities I've seen, or maybe I just need to upgrade it with the orokin reactor and see how much stronger it gets?

Edited by AG-wolf

yeah but Excal's Slash Dash doesn't do heavy damage against armored/machine enemies until you've used your rifle or pistol with an elemental to break their shields down. it's not like it's always effective, and I actually end up using it as a tertiary attack or as a last-gasp escape move when I'm being swarmed.

When I'm in a group of people who are higher level than I am, and can take out enemies in one gunshot or a single melee swipe, the kills I make with my slash dash as I try to level up are pretty important. Excal isn't anywhere near as broken as some of the other warframe abilities I've seen, or maybe I just need to upgrade it with the orokin reactor and see how much stronger it gets?

The issue is that weapons scale much more better than skills. So expect that alot. I tend to one hit most enemies with just my strun

It actually abit annoying when my scinda lvl 30 charge attack one hits almost all normal mobs and my ult can't give the same effect. And actually I disagree about it not doing good damage aganist armoured enemies you NEED to upgrade your excaubir to see how strong slash and dash is. Its not uncommon to kill even non-normal mobs. Slash and dash is strong if not the storngest skill in the game right now after the nerf to VOLT. low cost and a maxed out slash and dash can take out larges mobs at 1/4 the energy cost if enemies are lined up.

I'm currently running an Excal, and in the skill tree mine's just listing Slash Dash, none labelled as Slash Dash Boost, and I noticed a drastic change to my damage and distance...

Just me? Dunno...

Upgrading slash and dash increase range and damage and maxed out leads to some amazing damage

Same with other skill trees currently it seems. If you are speccing one point at a time with regular progression, selecting an ability turns the other ability nodes into "[Ability] Boost". Just respecced my Mag to find that out for sure. Because they changed regular progression paths, they had to become individual nodes that would change dynamically if you had hit one of the ability nodes. Doesn't work so well with the forced Respec because we were putting all 30 points in at once so it didn't change any of the nodes.

Doesn't work so well with the forced Respec because we were putting all 30 points in at once so it didn't change any of the nodes.

That's what I did as well. I have all 3 Slash Dash nodes selected but none is labeled as Boost. You're saying the effect doesnt stack properly or is this just a UI bug?