Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elimination Game Mode

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

Yes, but everyone starts with 50 energy and there are energy orbs on the map, the only thing is that they wont respawn. Also, an extra optional restrictions like you cant pick the same frame and weapons for each round, personal and teambased. Those would boost your rewards considerably if completed.

Edited by Xardis

2 hours ago, Xardis said:

Yes, but everyone starts with 50 energy and there are energy orbs on the map, the only thing is that they wont respawn. Also, an extra optional restrictions like you cant pick the same frame and weapons for each round, personal and teambased. Those would boost your rewards considerably if completed.

My thing about the energy orbs is that everyone will just run around collecting them and use their 4s right away . Would be really annoying with Valkyr. But I see your idea 

I would love something like this as well, but I will note that there needs to be something keeping people from just running away. For example each round would last 2 minutes and you could win either by killing the enemy team or being in a circle/control point at the end of the round.

Also, energy economy would have to be heavily regulated, so that controlling energy spawns and using ultimates in a smart way is rewarded, while also allowing the tactical use of regular abilities to be rewarded. Given that current balance leads some ultimate abilities to be a free kill, Starting with 50 energy would not fit with that at all. Ideally you would want to limit it to as few as 1 ultimate every 2-3 players per round. Passive energy regeneration will already provide 1.2 ultimates per player every round, which would be much too high. Although removing it entirely would conflict with modding, so that would probably have to change as well.

All in all, I just want to say that a mode of this type would be a fantastic way to get real competition started. And if such a mode were introduced, a lot of balance would have to change to fit.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

My thing about the energy orbs is that everyone will just run around collecting them and use their 4s right away . Would be really annoying with Valkyr. But I see your idea 

Simple solution: instead of "you can't pick same frame for two rounds" just make everyone stuck on Ash. His 4 hits for half the damage of every other ultimate while being one of the, if not the most inconvenient ultimate to use. His 3 is nearly pointless for any actual practical use since bulletjump exists, his 2 lasts as much as a f*rt in a bag and his 1 is weaker than mk-1 kunai. If everyone is stuck with Ash, then you can really get it from 50 energy and all orbs spawning, since the chances of people killing just with powers will be next to zero.

This sounds a lot like Elimination in Destiny, where control points spawn after a couple minutes to discourage hiding, and heavy ammunition spawns at certain match milestones (either team reaches three points). Energy could be managed similarly.

19 hours ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

no map

Well, we'd need a map, otherwise players would just fall to their deaths.

6 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

Simple solution: DE pls buff Ash omg I love Ash so much please buff him so I can be OP in Conclave without even trying. Let's make shuriken throw ten projectiles with 9999m/s flight speed and 500 puncture damage and 100% chance to bleed for another 500 damage per second for 500 seconds. Let's make teleport also teleport enemies into Ash's personal shadow realm where he freezes time and then throws one million knives at them and then unfreezes time. Let's make smoke screen also blind opponents irl. Let's make blade storm act like it used to before Ash's PvE rework.

You don't have to hijack threads to complain about how underpowered you think Ash's abilities are.
Don't become Xx-OmgDaikyuHitboxesReeeee-xX.

Spoiler
2 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

Nah, I was just making a joke.

Don't give me this "it was just a prank, bro" nonsense.
Whether or not you superficially disguised your reply as a joke is irrelevant; you were clearly complaining about how you believe Ash's abilities to be underpowered.

You gotta admit I am right though, as everything I said is fact and true.

Absurd.
The majority of your statements are biased or just plain wrong.

Stop derailing this thread with your groundless complaints.

Edited by SevenLetterKWord

2 hours ago, SevenLetterKWord said:

You don't have to hijack threads to complain about how underpowered you think Ash's abilities are.
Don't become Xx-OmgDaikyuHitboxesReeeee-xX.

Nah, I was just making a joke. Suggesting a mode around Ash's underpowered abilities (by comparison to, well, every other warframe) would mean I accept them as they are, which is something that I, ash user and no-nonsense balance freak, would never do.

You gotta admit I am right though, as everything I said is fact and true.