Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Custos , the protector/ shielder warframe

(XBOX)TestIplayer

Since is Sunday 9pm here in Uruguay I'll write the passive and general description of the warframe and I'll continue tomorrow, as soon as I finish writing I'll post the concept that I already finished drawing but still need some details. Hope you like it.

NAME:

CUSTOS, the protector warframe.

NAME IDEA:

(Change of name from Squire to Custos, tell me which is best) I took the idea of the name by searching guardian in Latin, because they have great names and becaus of the legions and all that stuff.

THEME:

Shield, guardian, big badass armored warframe.

ROLE:

Tank, Support

GENERAL DESCRIPTION:

Squire is a big bulky warframe that wields a giant shield on his left arm. Although he seems a bad guy, in the inside he really cares about his teammates and will do anything to protect them from any danger. Because of his size and shield, he is slow in comparison with the rest of the other warframes but what he lacks of speed, he has it on health and armor.

STATS:

Health: 150.0 (425.0 lvl 30)

Shield capacity: 100.0 (350.0 lvl 30)

Armor: 150.0 (275.0 lvl 30)

Energy: 75.0 (125.0 lvl 30)

Sprint speed: 0.7

CODEX ENTRY:

Custos is the biggest warframe of them all, excelling and protecting and resurrecting teammates, like a paladin.

Being a very strong warframe, Castus wields a giant shield on his left arm for extra protection, this shield does not permit the use of primary weapons but creates new combos with melee class weapons.

He usually takes the role of support or tank ( depending on mod build) specializing in safety first and absorbing damage.

DESIGN IMAGE:

Well, the design was drawn in paper by myself so it's not a masterpiece, if someone can do it better and wants to please do so and I'll be sure to put your name on the concept as well.

heres the link:

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/VB3Jv

ABILITIES:

Passive: Lotus Gift

When created, Squire received a gift from Lotus, a giant shield, he swore an oath that he'll never release it and with it will not fail on protecting the Galaxy.

Cons...

Squire can't use primary weapons since his weapon is the shield and with all of dual weapons only one of them is used but the combos are the same changing one of the attacks being effectuated by the shield. Two-handed weapons can be used.

Pros...

While using a secondary or a melee, the shield is still equipped allowing Squire to receive less damage and create unique combos for melee weapons and shoot half covered while using secondary weapons (as shield operators in r6)

First: Shield bash

Custos hits the ground with his shield unleashing waves of energy around him on a 25 meters area (can be modded), dealing slights amounts of damage to enemies and sacrificing his energy by giving it to the rest of the team.The ability can be cancelled if desired. The energy cost is the same as in Valkyr 4th ability, if there are  allies around the area of effect they will they will gain the energy Custos spent on the ability until he canceled it or allies run out of the area of effect

Damage dealt: 45/65/95/120/200 per second. (Can be modded)

Energy consumption: 1/1/2/2/3 per second (cannot be modded)

Energy given to allies: 1/1/2/2/3 per second (cannot be modded)

Second: The eternal guardian

Every time an ally has less than 25% of his health and no shields, a red mark will appear in Custos screen. When this happens, Custos can activate this ability allowing him to transportate to the ally location in seconds. I'd the ally is still alive when Custos arrive, he will replenish shields instantly, if the ally is dead, Custos will create a shield around him and the ally for a safe resurrection.

Energy cost:25

Reach to ally duration: 5/3/2/2/1 seconds (cannot be modded)

Shield percentage replenish: 15/25/50/65/90 % (cannot be modded)

Third: Unstoppable force

Custos taunts his enemies on a 100 meters radius (can be modded) and gains an additional armor resistance and sprint speed as well as attack speed for melee weapons.

Energy cost: 50

Armor buff: 100/125/150/175/225% (can be modded)

Sprint and attack speed for melee: 10/15/25/50/75% (can be modded)

Ultimate: Might of the Lotus

Custos, being gifted by the Lotus, canalizes the energy of the shield and launches a giant laser to his enemies. Standing as a bastion, he cannot move in the process but he can rotate. The energy system is the same as in ability one.

Energy consumption: 2/2/3/5/5 per second(cannot be modded)

Damage: 250/300/325/400/425 per second (can be modded)

This is for today if u want more details post on the comments below and I'll be sure to answer ;)

Edited by (XB1)TestIplayer
More content, change of some things

9 minutes ago, JudgeXion said:

Is the shield always up or would I like have too aim while holding secondary for it to be deployed? 

With melee I assume you would have to block though. 

The shield is always up, it would work as shield operators in r6 having the shield on one hand and the pistol on the other, also allowing aiming down the sights by putting the shield horizontally.

As for melee it would be the same as if you don't have the shield except that if using dual weapons only one will work but the hits given by the non existing one will be given by the shield instead in a different animation but not ruining the tempo. To make it more simple each melee category will have specific shield punches. And if u block, u will block with the shield, taking less damage. 

Hipe I answered your question :)

12 minutes ago, junyynyyn said:

I'm confused about how the shield works. Can he still use his primary and two-handed weapons while using the shield?

His primary will always be the shield, he is not a damage dealer, he is more a support (also try grabbing a rifle with one hand only and a giant shield the size of your body with the other one).

two-handed weapons will still be able to use, he will be like a lawbringer from FOR HONOR while he moves, but when he is attacking he will grab the weapon with both hands and act like normal but blocking incoming damage with the shield.

Hope I answered ;)

I had an idea about a frame similar to this.  Except his sword and shield would be his activated #4 ability, powered off your equipped Melee weapon.  IDK as a would really dig a frame that is solely limited to a shield though.....

16 hours ago, KnightCole said:

I had an idea about a frame similar to this.  Except his sword and shield would be his activated #4 ability, powered off your equipped Melee weapon.  IDK as a would really dig a frame that is solely limited to a shield though.....

I didn't understand the last part

>uncomplete ability list

>no unique arhetype, paladin frame coming after harrow, and we already have oberon

>tanky guy, just like every other male warframe. i cant even name one glass cannon man except volt

>boring abilities that dont fit existing archetype

>edgy primary weapons loss that everybody keeps putting on their frame. melee combos wont help him unless they allow him to delete everything in a 3 mile radius just like a normal primary

incomplete/10, why was i called here

2 minutes ago, ALOEDA1 said:

>uncomplete ability list

>no unique arhetype, paladin frame coming after harrow, and we already have oberon

>tanky guy, just like every other male warframe. i cant even name one glass cannon man except volt

>boring abilities that dont fit existing archetype

>edgy primary weapons loss that everybody keeps putting on their frame. melee combos wont help him unless they allow him to delete everything in a 3 mile radius just like a normal primary

incomplete/10, why was i called here

> I'm writing the abilities as soon as they get in my head, I have like four more atm and I'm deciding which to use 

>i think it works very different from Oberon, I still don't get Harrow play style, if u wish to explain me please do so

>I can make it female

> supports are not usually fun, they are supposed to change the tide of the battle, if u want further explanation on abilities tell me, since I'm from Uruguay I don't have a perfect English so if u didn't understand something tell me :)

>he is not a main damage dealer, besides that melee weapons deal a high amount of damage to.

thanks for the feedback

> I'm deciding which to use 

use the ones you haven't seen before, add in a new mechanic if you have one. one good idea is building a turret, like tf2 engineer, making you very defensive.

> works very different from Oberon

more of a thematics thing. not talking about harrow here, talking about the warframe concept that was mentioned in the recent devstream aside from harrow.

> I can make it female

go for it. we don't really have an uberdefensive shield frame.

> not usually fun , they are supposed to change the tide of the battle

why do people main spy sniper and medic in tf2? all three are supports, and are fun. are there any lessons to take from this?

> not a main damage dealer

doesnt mean his output should be gutted. people with shields actually can hold a gun, just keeping the shield on the wrist instead of gripping it. even alows other styles to be used, only change is that it keeps his shield depending on if he has one handed weapons, or other special cases equiped, and stows it away for twohand weps.

7 minutes ago, ALOEDA1 said:

> I'm deciding which to use 

use the ones you haven't seen before, add in a new mechanic if you have one. one good idea is building a turret, like tf2 engineer, making you very defensive.

> works very different from Oberon

more of a thematics thing. not talking about harrow here, talking about the warframe concept that was mentioned in the recent devstream aside from harrow.

> I can make it female

go for it. we don't really have an uberdefensive shield frame.

> not usually fun , they are supposed to change the tide of the battle

why do people main spy sniper and medic in tf2? all three are supports, and are fun. are there any lessons to take from this?

> not a main damage dealer

doesnt mean his output should be gutted. people with shields actually can hold a gun, just keeping the shield on the wrist instead of gripping it. even alows other styles to be used, only change is that it keeps his shield depending on if he has one handed weapons, or other special cases equiped, and stows it away for twohand weps.

> I haven't seen the abilities, maybe the third one is already done, but the others don't, the first is is good (like an energy thingy that u get from your clan), the second is like the one from mercy of overwatch and the last one doesn't create a turret, he is the turret;)

> mine is better lol

>I would do it but I already made a design making him male :( and it took me some time, maybe other day or this weekend I'll try making it female

>I never play tf 2 but I think my warframe is something different and will adjust with the game 

> he still can use pistols as an r6 blitz, and he can use two handed weapons, but if I take or make the shield smaller it would be a totally different frame. 

U really like tf2 right?

Edited by (XB1)TestIplayer

His 4th ability feels so off from what he is supposed to be.

A Paladin/Knight frame suddently shooting a giant laser beam?

Also, His 3rd sounds kinda like Valkyers Warcry, Just that it's aimed at himself and taunts enemys instead of slowing them. It's fine, Althought I'm feeling a bit unsure about the sprint buff.

Also, I really don't like the 4th ability, It's like Madurais Laser beam. I would make it something more fitting for him.

Why not have his ult be some kind of bigger shield that blocks damage for even his team mates?

Edited by JudgeXion

3 minutes ago, JudgeXion said:

His 4th ability feels so off from what he is supposed to be.

A Paladin/Knight frame suddently shooting a giant laser beam?

Also, His 3rd sounds kinda like Valkyers Warcry, Just that it's aimed at himself and taunts enemys instead of slowing them.

Also, I really don't like the 4th ability, It's like Madurais Laser beam. I would make it something more fitting for him.

Why not have his ult be some kind of bigger shield that blocks damage for even his team mates?

Paladins are related to light thought, so a beam of light... I'll think of options

32 minutes ago, (Xbox One)TestIplayer said:

Paladins are related to light thought, so a beam of light... I'll think of options

Well when you put it in that way it makes some sense, But then Paladins are also known more for using the light as support and healing then for damage.

Ofc there probably are Paladins who use them offensivly.

10 minutes ago, JudgeXion said:

Well when you put it in that way it makes some sense, But then Paladins are also known more for using the light as support and healing then for damage.

Ofc there probably are Paladins who use them offensivly.

I chose that because he already has all supportive abilities, energy for your team, instant shields, shield for revival, taunt. One of damage is good, and would excell en defend missions like Akkad.

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)TestIplayer said:

I chose that because he already has all supportive abilities, energy for your team, instant shields, shield for revival, taunt. One of damage is good, and would excell en defend missions like Akkad.

I see, yeah, I guess this would make him a bit more rounded for everything. An all-around Paladin.

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)TestIplayer said:

How can I upload a concept?

Concept? I assume you mean like a picture of what he looks like or the shield?

Go to imgur.com or any picture sharing/uoloading site
Upload the picture
Get the direct link
Post it here, It should automatically implant it.
If not use these brackets [] and put img /img in them before and after the picture

Edited by JudgeXion

You forget the armor in status.

About your concept of Custos... I think that is looked like a mixture of rhino and vauban, Custos is bulky, hm? Yeah, it's, he's a tank frame... It's cool, but you need learm about position and anatomy... In your concept the feets seems strange... You need training, BUT in essence it's very cool ;D