Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Holster style for Primaries & Secondaries

Lazuli3

The title speaks for itself really. I've noticed that only the melee weapons have the option to manually customize their position on the warframe's back. There also is the option to purchase different ways to carry your melee weapon about (back holster, hip holster, etc) which allows for even further creative options for fashion frame.  These are mechanics that I believe will have no negative effect when also being implemented on the primary and secondary weapons (most types at least). There are more than enough warframes in which the positioning of rifles or pistols look rather awkward and quite literally out of place. This is something that comes to my mind especially when considering syandanas and clipping.

This reminds me to something i had been thinking about occasionaly. Though i admit it's a bit of a crazed idea that would likely not work very well or be worth the effort.

The idea of weapon selection not being based on primary, secondary and melee, but being based on a 3 weapon limit together with Warframes having selectable weapon hardpoints or slots.

Basicly, each Warframe having the same limited selection of different sized points, where they can store weapons. The upper legs and the back hip of the hip have 2 small points. The side of the hips are medium points. Each side of the shoulder being large points. The upper and lower wrist being special points.

In this system primary weapons always count as large weapons and secondaries as small weapons. Melee weapons meanwhile would count in different sizes based on their category. For example daggers are always small, longswords are always medium and polearms always large. Likewise dual secondaries or melees would always eat up two slots.

Logicaly this doesn't lock medium or small weapons in their points. A small weapon should fit on both a medium and large point. Similar medium sized weapons for large points.

Of course some weapons might be locked in only one holstering position because of how they work, like Kunai. Also if you take multiple melee weapons into a mission only like the third would count for the quick melee function.

With this system players could go much more creative on which weapon selection they want to take into missions.

Example 1. A player forsakes melees and primaries and takes a total of 3 dual secondaries into a mission. 2 on the hip, 2 on the legs and 2 on each shoulder.

Example 2. A player wants to do only melee weapons. So he places a Galatin on one shoulder, a dual Heat Swords would take up the other shoulder and the back of the hip point and a Nikana rounds it off by taking up the slot on the side of the hip.

Example 3. A player wants to take as many primaries as possible and still have a melee weapon. So he takes a Tigris on one shoulder, a Rubico on the other and dual dex Dakra take up the slots on the sides of the hip.

Again. I don't think this system is suitable for Warframe, but i still find it a fun idea to imagine.

Edited by Othergrunty

On 29.5.2017 at 4:45 AM, Lazuli3 said:

There are more than enough warframes in which the positioning of rifles or pistols look rather awkward and quite literally out of place. This is something that comes to my mind especially when considering syandanas and clipping.

The clipping in the game makes many good looking things just look awful. Mostly i make all my weapons invisible while holstered because of this and i really hope they add holstering options for the other weapons too. Would be awesome if we can slighty adjust the positions for attachments and syandanas too.

Edited by crysed

• 1 month later...

Even if we could just get something to adjust the current holstering location of primaries and secondaries, that would be nice. X, Y, Z Rotation and location needs to be implemented (PLEASE), I want to use Syandanas and show off holstered weapons, but forgo showing either holstered weapons or syandanas because of the clipping issues.

well, i dont want to be reminded of this, but the stalker mode, you can see that the dread is positioned diffrently, more around the mid-lower back, it could be spesific to stalker though.

but would love to change weapon positions in general.

I agree hands-down! I'd also like for the position of each weapon to be specific to each warframe, since some warframes have very unique adornments in different parts of their body, the same weapon placement doesn't suit all warframes. Titania has her wings, Orchid skinned Saryn has her skirt, Ember has her thigh protrusions, etc etc, lots of these REALLY make the sidearms look awful with their clipping. I get that it'd be tons of work, adding new placement point mechanics to ALL of the other weapons, but if we could start with even like, just the back-mounted rifles, to please the Syandana enthusiasts, that'd be a rad place to start.