Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void: The Endgame *Under Construction* (Text Wall)

OhTheIrony

I had this idea after being in a Warframe slump (I had no motivation whatsoever to play the game)

One of the most wanted things for most Warframe vets (at least in my opinion) is an endgame in Warframe.

So ima take a shot at this. Here goes.

As someone who started playing before Specters of the Rail, I have spent a considerable amount of my time in the Void with the tower system.

While the relic system isn't THAT bad (some would disagree), I definitely prefer the tower system.

But I digress. Currently, the void is basically a forgotten and desolate place where people only go to for alerts, fissures, or argon farms, way off from its former glory.

So I think that the void should be the place for the endgame. After all, the void is where we got our powers, and it is a fitting end as well.

My idea for the endgame gets some inspiration from the game Trove, by Trion Worlds. They have this thing called the shadow tower with levels and bosses. You have to complete one level of the tower to go to the next level. Basically, I want to adapt that to Warframe. 

First, here are the restrictions:

1. The Tenno has to be at least MR 18

2. The Tenno has to have completed the star chart (done every node or junction. This doesn't include Kuva Fortress or any additional missions from now.)

3. The Tenno must have completed x amount of sorties.

Now comes the content. 

None of the planets will be connected to the void, rather, it will just float there.

The void will have a total of 5 towers (paying homage to the old tower system)

Each tower corresponds to the focus schools, and the Tenno must have unlocked that focus school to access the corresponding tower.

Each Tower will have 5 levels.

Here is a general outline for the contents of each level. Also, enemy levels will be 100+, and these levels will have squads of 8 due to their difficulty.

First Level: Qualifying Mission: Each tower has a general mission type with added difficulty corresponding to the focus school.

For example, Naramon is knowing the enemy, or spy, Zenurik is dominate the enemy, or exterminate, etc.

Example of increased difficulty, Vazarin is counter the enemy, or defense/mobile defense. There could be multiple simultaneous defense points that move. A single destroyed thing is a loss.

Second Level: Tenno Testing (operator only)

The operator must do some task that is key to the powers of the focus school.

For example, Vazarin allows you to heal and revive and stuff. You might have to stave off enemies while reviving downed peoples while allowing them to escape.

Might need some ideas for this one.

Third Level: Mechanics test

You have to prove your skill in a game mechanic relevant to the focus schools lore wise.

For example, Maduari is characterized by speed and savagery. You have to pull off specific parkour manuevers under a fixed time limit while hitting orbs with only gun or only blade.

Fourth Level: Dunno. Any ideas?

Fifth Level: Boss fight.

I am imagining a lephantis like boss fight with multiple stages, certain vulnerable areas, needing to pay attention to your surroundings to not die, and multiple parts to shoot with health gates. The boss's special powers will once again relate to the focus school's powers.

For example: Unairu is all about outlasting the enemy. The boss will attempt to block damage by erecting pillars, and spawn healing generators/pods that must be destroyed. The point of the boss is to try to waste all of your ammo, forcing melee. And the stuff will be moving around, making killing the boss with melee a challenge. Of course, there could be even more complicated mechanics and evil stuff, but I'm too lazy to describe that right now. Maybe later.

Rewards:

Edited by OhTheIrony

The void is not, and should not be the end game. The end game should be the sentients. The void is in a good place lorewise and gameplay-wise. I get you have nostalgia, but keep the void the way it is, and let DE invent something new, with substance, and that will be worthwhile.

Edit: Also, why use a trash game like Trove as your example?

Edited by JSharpie

12 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

The void is not, and should not be the end game. The end game should be the sentients. The void is in a good place lorewise and gameplay-wise. I get you have nostalgia, but keep the void the way it is, and let DE invent something new, with substance, and that will be worthwhile.

Edit: Also, why use a trash game like Trove as your example?

yea dont give any merit to anything that trion has had its hands, just dont support that kind of poor customer service and thinly veiled cash grabbery. Dont mention their name, games or visit anything having to do with trion. make them fade into obscurity, along wither their shoddy business practices.

PSA DON'T ENCOURAGE TRION

I too feel the void currently has little reason to exist and find relics to be a headache when it comes to trying to justify them in-universe, but what would be the draw or benefit for this proposed system?

Firstly, to the suprisingly large reaction to Trove, I myself would agree that Trove is currently trash.

However, it's because of failed excecution, not because of just bad customer support. I tried trove for 25 min today and the game crashed 3 times and only half of my hits on enemies registered. I have a pretty good connection and a good laptop.

However theory-wise, Trove is a good game. But why take inspiration from it?

The Shadow Tower were kinda like the raids for me. When I first completed the Shadow Tower, I got the same feeling as I did when I completed my first raid: a feeling of shock, awe, and goosebumps. Why did I get that feeling? Because it was a challenge for me. Of course, it became less so as I did them more, but you have to start somewhere.

Secondly, as for the state of the void, lore-wise it is good, not gonna argue with that. However, gameplay-wise, I find it extremely lacking, my nostalgia bias included or not (BTW, Kuva fortress holds the same problem right now IMO).

I would argue the the void should change. Now, for sentients being endgame.... Can corrupted sentients be a thing?

Thirdly, the rewards for the system. I have a few ideas that I haven't fully thought out yet, but I'll list the general ideas here.

1. Timed run leaderboards for a single tower (refresh monthly) with plat prizes or something prizes to the top 1000 scaling down

2. Customizable weapons (statwise) You start with a terrible weapon, 0 crit, 0 status, etc. The base damage is low, but changes with the chosen primary fire mechanics that are freely switchable

You get points by killing stuff with the weapon, not by getting affinity with it. You use the points to upgrade stats, add alt fire mechanics, etc. There is a point cap.

Also, you can still mod it.

3. Uprgraded focus school powers

4. If you complete all the towers, you get an optional aura that is your warframe's energy color to show off your prowess.

Yeah. That's it for now.

Edited by OhTheIrony

I like sorties being the current end-game and I like how theres more to just being a numbers game with raw damage output and having alternating difficulties, HOWEVER, I would like that mechanic to go deeper, different enemies proposing different tactics to kill, similar to the current Guardians but more a more streamlined, elegant system. Id like a system that forces me to think a little more and use strategy rather than like every other game where it is simply a numbers game. sure, mods mean that you have to put some kind of strategy into it, but the end result is always the same, raw damage and raw defense, numbers.

1 minute ago, wh1te_r0s3 said:

I like sorties being the current end-game and I like how theres more to just being a numbers game with raw damage output and having alternating difficulties, HOWEVER, I would like that mechanic to go deeper, different enemies proposing different tactics to kill, similar to the current Guardians but more a more streamlined, elegant system. Id like a system that forces me to think a little more and use strategy rather than like every other game where it is simply a numbers game. sure, mods mean that you have to put some kind of strategy into it, but the end result is always the same, raw damage and raw defense, numbers.

I agree with that, and my idea isn't all a stats and numbers game (though there will be 2 levels dedicated to that). It would be cool if you can check back once I'm finished to give some more feedback regarding that.